The Student Room Group

Did anyone take the CCEA A2 Politics today?

How did you find it?

The 30 mark questions were a god send, and the question on Senate committees and the importance of cabinet in the UK and US was pretty easy; however I never feel I write enough and the question of pork barrel politics was baffling. I just guessed that it meant patronage for example president Obama helping Phil English get reelected in exchange in for support.
Reply 1
Original post by Silent-Varjoisa
How did you find it?

The 30 mark questions were a god send, and the question on Senate committees and the importance of cabinet in the UK and US was pretty easy; however I never feel I write enough and the question of pork barrel politics was baffling. I just guessed that it meant patronage for example president Obama helping Phil English get reelected in exchange in for support.

I think that the Pork Barrels part was about senators giving the president their vote on legislation or votes in return for benefits for their constituency like the saying "ringing home the bacon" and an example was the big dip in Boston. And for the committee bit I thought it was about standing and select committees. I'm awful at politics but so I just waffled my way through it lol :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending