The Student Room Group

Edexcel Physics Unit 4 - 21st June 2011

Scroll to see replies

I like the Math part more than the theory part. ^^
Retaking this unit, really hoping for at least a B
Reply 22
THE ONLY THING I LIKE IS THE PARTICLE PHYSICS :frown:.... can someone help me with my doubts? :colondollar:

im having trouble understanding pi and radians ...can someone help me... and i dont take maths :colondollar:
hey does anyone have the past papers for this...i only have like 2 :frown: ..
Aaahhhh i need help in particle phys and magnetism stuff :\
Original post by cool_beans1993
hey does anyone have the past papers for this...i only have like 2 :frown: ..

:smile:
Yeah sure!
Here is a link of an archive of Unit 4 pastpapers Edexcel just for the new syllabus

http://cid-5432f573d3fc3f5a.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/Physics/Units?wa=wsignin1.0&sa=1663039

n remaining gives us-
Sample paper
Jan2011
June 2010
Jan2010
Original post by inspiringsoul
:smile:
Yeah sure!
Here is a link of an archive of Unit 4 pastpapers Edexcel just for the new syllabus

http://cid-5432f573d3fc3f5a.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/Physics/Units?wa=wsignin1.0&sa=1663039

n remaining gives us-
Sample paper
Jan2011
June 2010
Jan2010

thanx :smile: ...i wish there were more than 3 papers for this unit so annoying!
Reply 27
Original post by cool_beans1993
thanx :smile: ...i wish there were more than 3 papers for this unit so annoying!

i have another paper if u want..but its a teacher made paper and we dont have the markscheme but what the hell ill attach it if anyone wants :tongue:
Original post by cpdavis
Retaking this unit, really hoping for at least a B

What were some of the problems you had the first time roudn and do you have any pointers that you can give?
Original post by i_hate_teeth
What were some of the problems you had the first time roudn and do you have any pointers that you can give?

Mainly me guessing and waffling :frown: But really have improved on that though, do hoping for a much better grade :biggrin:
Reply 30
Original post by Vampire-Love4ever
To those who don't have the Edexcel A2 Physics Revision Guide.
You can download them from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?fs5q4itt24emrxx

http://www.mediafire.com/?vvhbwhjln4lfh04 (answers)

(all thanks to M-H & saadmannan from SF)

Personally, I find it really helpful and the topics are explained briefly to the point (required according to our syllabus). It also has practice questions which are really good. :h:

Wowww Thanks for these links! :smile:
Original post by xsanto

Original post by xsanto
Wowww Thanks for these links! :smile:

Welcome! :biggrin:
Reply 32
Argh! I'm hating this! I g0t c4 the day b4! And bio5 aftr this! -____- :/

Anyways hw's prep g0ing every1n? :tongue:
Sorry to bother you all.
June 2010 q13 b) this may sound stupid but i don't know where they got the r measurement from and it's been bothering me all day. Can someone help please?
a = r(omega squared) omega = (2pi/3) and a is meant to be between 6-13ms-2
Thanks x
Original post by BioFurMatPhyStudent
Sorry to bother you all.
June 2010 q13 b) this may sound stupid but i don't know where they got the r measurement from and it's been bothering me all day. Can someone help please?
a = r(omega squared) omega = (2pi/3) and a is meant to be between 6-13ms-2
Thanks x

They got the r measurement by literally measuring the distance between the cage and the beam (which is providing a tension; the tension is the centripetal force) using a ruler to measure the distance of the horizontal bar attached between the beam and the cage, because it says "drawn to scale".

Everything you've written above is correct.
Original post by Summerdays
They got the r measurement by literally measuring the distance between the cage and the beam (which is providing a tension; the tension is the centripetal force) using a ruler to measure the distance of the horizontal bar attached between the beam and the cage, because it says "drawn to scale".

Everything you've written above is correct.

Really? Thanks a million! x :biggrin:
I gotta start studying for Phys 4, I literally haven't touched it in a while.

crap.
I got a D in Jan - which means something seriously went wrong. I'm just doing some practice papers now - the electric/magnetic fields part is the worst.
Good luck to everyone! Luckily i only need a C at a level in physics :tongue: and I got 280/300 UMS last yr - so basically i need 0 in this retake and Unit 5.. phew :tongue:
Original post by englishman129
I got a D in Jan - which means something seriously went wrong. I'm just doing some practice papers now - the electric/magnetic fields part is the worst.
Good luck to everyone! Luckily i only need a C at a level in physics :tongue: and I got 280/300 UMS last yr - so basically i need 0 in this retake and Unit 5.. phew :tongue:

Good luck. Anything you need help with?
Original post by Summerdays
Good luck. Anything you need help with?

Just had a question guys-

You know if you have a wire with N coils, moving through a magnetic field of constant flux density, at at a constant speed. Will the grpah of emf induced over time be 0?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending