The Student Room Group

What Book Are You Reading Now? Mk II

Scroll to see replies

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Lee Child Killing Floor (just started his stuff)

Anyone read Stephen Kings Revival? I'm dead excited about it going to buy it to add to my ridiculously sized SK collection
I'm about halfway through The Hobbit. I'm enjoying it so far.
Currently Reading Anne of Green Gables and I am absolutely loving it
Just starting Hitchhiker's guide... I've heard snippets of the radio play and very much enjoyed it, so looking forward to giving this a go!
Original post by mrs_bellamy
If you enjoyed "Down and Out..." I would really recommend "Homage to Catalonia". Its a fantastic book, I learnt a lot from it and its an easy read. The first half of "The Road to Wigan Pier" is also brilliant, but the second section, whilst still very interesting, is very of its time and it a bit more of a challenge. Basically anything by Orwell is good though, I enjoyed all his novels and essays too.

Thanks for the tip :smile:
Starting Russell Brand's Revolution book tonight.
Wolf Hall - Hilary Mantell.

Good so far! It's veeeeery long though :P
Original post by IFAEDU
Wolf Hall - Hilary Mantell.

Good so far! It's veeeeery long though :P

Is it a true story?
One Summer: America 1927 by Bill Bryson.

I'm about quarter way through and I'm really enjoying it! Very interesting with a great non-fiction narrative.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6450
The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult.
The Hobbit by J R R Tolkein

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EggsterminateMe
Is it a true story?

Tis indeed - about Thomas Cromwell during the reign of Henry VIII. Finished this morning - well worth reading!
I'm currently reading The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling. A lot different to her Harry Potter stuff obviously, but still really enjoying it!
Reply 6454
"Blood of the Fold" by Terry Goodkind. This is the 3rd story in the series and I'm loving everything about it so far!
Just started The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. Not sure how far I'll get, finding the grammar/spelling really hard to read haha.
Original post by Ian80
Just started The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. Not sure how far I'll get, finding the grammar/spelling really hard to read haha.

Really annoyed me at first too but the story is so good
Reply 6458
Good Omens - T. Pratchett and N. Gaiman

Half way through and its looking like a 5* book.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Debt Generation by David Malone whilst also delving into Rights of Man, Common Sense and Other Political Writings ​by Thomas Paine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending