The Student Room Group

What Book Are You Reading Now? Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Persuasion - Jane Austen
Reply 781
A Clash of Kings by George R R Martin. Superb.
Reply 782
Catch-22 (again!)
Reply 783
A crime so monstrous: face-to-face with modern-day slavery - E. Benjamin Skinner
Reply 784
Adventures in the Screen Trade

An honest, cynical view of Hollywood and its elements, and, I think, an essential for anyone interested in screenwriting, though it contains no explicit instructions.
Written by William Goldman.
The Clockwise Man By Justin Richards :smile:

A Doctor Who novel
Original post by Daydreamer18
The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown.

Brilliant Book!

I'm reading The Appeal by John Grisham
Just finished reading The Devil by Tolstoy. I much prefer the original ending to the alternative ending :yep:

I am now reading The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain.
Original post by NYILoveYou
Brilliant Book!

I'm reading The Appeal by John Grisham

I'm finding it really good - about half way through at the moment! Although I only just realised Robert Langdon is the same character as in the Da Vinci Code :colondollar:

How are you finding The Appeal? I've only read one John Grisham book.
where rainbows end by cecelia ahern

brilliant book! only started reading it last night and ive already read 9 chapters (94 pages)
Original post by hookguy
A Clash of Kings by George R R Martin. Superb.

Me too, me too! :woo:
Reply 791
Bend Sinister - Vladimir Nabokov. Again. :biggrin:

Favourite author ever=D
Reply 792
Douglas Coupland - The Gum Thief
Just finished The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain. Now I am going to progress onto another of Mark Twain's books, Huckleberry Finn.

Original post by Beckiix
Bend Sinister - Vladimir Nabokov. Again. :biggrin:

Favourite author ever=D

I've been meaning to read some books by him. Which of his books would you recommend? :h: I was thinking of reading Lolita
(edited 12 years ago)
To save a people - Alex Kershaw

Really interesting so far :biggrin:
Original post by manic_fuzz
L'Étranger - Albert Camus.

It was LeMonde's #1 book so i thought i'd give it a go :smile:

Will you let me know if it's any good? I've got it but I haven't read it yet :smile:
I gave up on Beloved but now I'm reading 'Norwegian Wood' and finding that much more interesting :h:
Original post by lenalouiseh
Will you let me know if it's any good? I've got it but I haven't read it yet :smile:

I haven't finished reading it, but up to now it has been really good :smile: some parts are a bit 'cringey' but that's more due to the controversial subject matter rather than anything else, it's really well written from his point-of-view and does make you question some social norms. It definitely hasn't failed to meet my expectations :tongue:

You should definitely give it a read! :biggrin:
Reply 798
I've just finished Crime by Irvine Welsh and I'm about to start a biography of Leonardo Da Vinci
Reply 799
The Constant Gardener, John le Carré. It's supposed to be a big deal! Enjoying it so far :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending