The Student Room Group

What Book Are You Reading Now? Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by LonelyTimeLord
I've watched the recent film version.. not sure how much it differs from the old one, but Gary oldman as George Smiley is amazing

No no, that's Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy again. :tongue: The 'old one' we were talking about is an adaptation of The Spy Who Came in from The Cold. The former doesn't have an old movie version, just a TV adaptation by the BBC.

Gary Oldman as anything is amazing. :sogood:

And yeah, I really want to watch Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. That's the main reason I decided to get and read The Spy Who Came in from The Cold right away. :yep:
Original post by Abiraleft
No no, that's Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy again. :tongue: The 'old one' we were talking about is an adaptation of The Spy Who Came in from The Cold. The former doesn't have an old movie version, just a TV adaptation by the BBC.

Gary Oldman as anything is amazing. :sogood:

And yeah, I really want to watch Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. That's the main reason I decided to get and read The Spy Who Came in from The Cold right away. :yep:

Oh right sorry :smile:

My mum has seen "The spy who came in from the cold", I haven't though, maybe I'll give it a go sometime
Reply 1182
Anna Karenina. I didn't think I'd enjoy it, but I'm about a third if the way through and actually getting into it!
just finished inheritance by christopher paolini yday
Well...i've just downloaded a bunch of kindle books, but I don't know which one to read first.

I've narrowed it down to a contest between 'Lady Chatterly's Lover' and 'The Moonstone' by Wilkie Colms.

Which one is better?
Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami. Heard great things about it!
Abolition of Man - CS Lewis

Never say something is right or wrong again till you've read it!
donnie brasco, pretty good read
Original post by FuzzySheep
Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami. Heard great things about it!

With good reason.
Kinda got two going: Alex's Adventures in Numberland (Alex Bellos), really good. Fairly light, quite easy, best if you like Maths though.

The Last Juror (John Grisham), it's O.K, certainly not an action packed read, but relaxing and light - just what I need with internal exams looming.
Reply 1190
Dicken's A tale of two cities.
Reply 1191
Just finished Inheritance, a very good ending to the series I thought. I ought to read more fantasy.

Now onto the God Collar by Marcus Bridgstock, half for uni half because it's easier reading than Plato but still course relevant.
Original post by laut_biru
With good reason.

Just started reading a bit tonight, literally couldn't stop! First book in ages that's been able to do that for me. :biggrin:
Just started reading a bit tonight, literally couldn't stop! First book in ages that's been able to do that for me. :biggrin:

Yup, exactly the experience I had with it. Almost jealous of you, except I have 1Q84.
Yup, exactly the experience I had with it. Almost jealous of you, except I have 1Q84.

Ooh I've heard great things about 1Q84 on here, and Norwegian Wood, so I've put them both on my list now. Enjoy! :smile:
Ooh I've heard great things about 1Q84 on here, and Norwegian Wood, so I've put them both on my list now. Enjoy! :smile:

You also need Hardboiled Wonderland, and Wind Up bird.

Will look those up now!

Good to see more Murakami fans here! Wild Sheep Chase is good too.
Reply 1198
Not technically reading this...I'm listening to the radio adaptation as I need something on in the background whilst I work :work: but 'The House of Silk' - Anthony Horowitz

Description from the radio 4 website:

Spoiler

There are good holmes adaptations (the most recent film & the 'Sherlock' tv series spring to mind) and some awful ones. The endorsement & Horowitz' prior work is making me think this will be an awesome one :yep:

:ditto: these are my 2 favourite murakami books...really wishing I'd brought them to uni with me
Frankenstein- Mary Shelley <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending