The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

I got an offer from English Lit and Music at ABB today.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Drummerdickens
Thank the Lord Lancaster takes general studies. Get in!

Thank the Lord indeedy. :p: Not that the second B of my ABB offer was met with Gen Studs at all... OH THE SHAME. I did five A-Levels and had to fall back on General Studies to get me into university... curse my lack of A2 motivation!
Oh whatever, I got in! :biggrin:
Retardchar
Thank the Lord indeedy. :p: Not that the second B of my ABB offer was met with Gen Studs at all... OH THE SHAME. I did five A-Levels and had to fall back on General Studies to get me into university... curse my lack of A2 motivation!
Oh whatever, I got in! :biggrin:

My Sentimonies exactly :biggrin:.

I was told I shouldn't bother doing 5 A-Levels, just 4, basically because I was too lazy. Problem was I managed to choose English, worst choice evar! Managed to get an E at AS and dropped it quick, but I've got a lancaster offer so it's all gravy, whoop.
Reply 63
Hello all.

I got offered Criminology & Politics where i have to get more than 60% on the 2 access course am doing which are Psychology and Criminology and iam still waiting to hear from the Law Dep where i applied for Law on its own and Law and Criminology.

The main one i wanted was to study Law so i think i can do that even if i get rejected from both on the Law dep as i think i can do Criminology and Law combined though the Criminology offer.

would be nice to get offered a place on all 4 tho :P
Reply 64
Drummerdickens
My Sentimonies exactly :biggrin:.

I was told I shouldn't bother doing 5 A-Levels, just 4, basically because I was too lazy. Problem was I managed to choose English, worst choice evar! Managed to get an E at AS and dropped it quick, but I've got a lancaster offer so it's all gravy, whoop.

That was AS though, I got ADD at AS :biggrin: What grade was that Economics module you did?
Lenneh
That was AS though, I got ADD at AS :biggrin: What grade was that Economics module you did?

Grade? Puh-lease, 20 UMS out of 90 on Unit 3 Economics goes ungraded!

The resit went up to 84/90 though, THEN it got graded!
Reply 66
Subject: Politics
Offer: BBB

I'm goin to the open day on the 15th March
Wahooo!! 3 B's to do Theatre Studies!!! :redface: Although if i get 3 A's they'll give me money!! hehe, how nice that would be! *daydreams* unfortunately its looking rather unlikely but here's hoping!!
Reply 68
ooooh.. I accepted my Lancaster offer today... it was scary clicking that button hehe... just gotta work harder and get the grades now lol...

Just had to share my excitement!! :biggrin:
Reply 69
ABB C800 Psychology

but i'm only predicted BBB and i'll be lucky to get that! How rigid are lancaster if i don't end up with ABB like they want? That's probably my main consideration as lancaster is in my top two choices. Not sure to place it as insurance or firm? My other option is bristol as they want BBB.
Reply 70
Cherixx
ABB C800 Psychology

but i'm only predicted BBB and i'll be lucky to get that! How rigid are lancaster if i don't end up with ABB like they want? That's probably my main consideration as lancaster is in my top two choices. Not sure to place it as insurance or firm? My other option is bristol as they want BBB.

well done on your offer! i do psychology and have met a few people who have not met the required grades (got BBB instead) and still got in.
Reply 71
Ok thanks. How is the course? Whats the accomodation like in lancaster? I'd be particularly partial to en suite! :biggrin:
Reply 72
I know, its only a button but i was scared 2! lol i need to work harder 2!
Lisaanne
ooooh.. I accepted my Lancaster offer today... it was scary clicking that button hehe... just gotta work harder and get the grades now lol...

Just had to share my excitement!! :biggrin:
Reply 73
Woo-woo! BBB for Theatre Studies, baby! :biggrin: Scholarship for AAA! YAY! Deffo my firm choice.

Joe
Reply 74
Cherixx
Ok thanks. How is the course? Whats the accomodation like in lancaster? I'd be particularly partial to en suite! :biggrin:

The course is really good. your first module is very much like alevel psychology (if you've taken it) with the added new modules such as neuropsychology. the other module is very statistic and research methods based. im not going to lie to you and say its easy, many find it quite hard but there are loads of help sources available and you soon get used to it.

as for accommodation, there are lots of threads on it. im in lonsdale so do have the ensuite accommodation which is great, i couldn't live without it!
Reply 75
tana
The course is really good. your first module is very much like alevel psychology (if you've taken it) with the added new modules such as neuropsychology. the other module is very statistic and research methods based. im not going to lie to you and say its easy, many find it quite hard but there are loads of help sources available and you soon get used to it.

as for accommodation, there are lots of threads on it. im in lonsdale so do have the ensuite accommodation which is great, i couldn't live without it!

Yeah i do psychology at A level and i ain't afraid of lil hard work here and there. As long as my interest is piqued i'm fine.
I really hope i end up with en suite, don't know what i'd do if not
Reply 76
Love you Lancaster.... I've applied to do Politics and Spanish

Conditional offer: GCSE Spanish grade B and BBB at A Level. I'm no longer doing GCSE Spanish and they're still letting me in after I persuaded them.

So my conditional offer is now: A Level BBB
Think I'll be firming this, just need to go to the open day! :smile:

I was over the moon when I was accepted!
Reply 77
Oh and BTW... if anyone wants any information on Keele and the surrounding area just ask me as I'm from Stoke-on-Trent which Keele is a 'home' university and I've been there many times.
Reply 78
luke88
Love you Lancaster.... I've applied to do Politics and Spanish

Conditional offer: GCSE Spanish grade B and BBB at A Level. I'm no longer doing GCSE Spanish and they're still letting me in after I persuaded them.

So my conditional offer is now: A Level BBB
Think I'll be firming this, just need to go to the open day! :smile:

I was over the moon when I was accepted!

well done!!! i'm glad your so happy. have a really good look when you come round, i'm sure you'll love it.

xx
Reply 79
luke88
Oh and BTW... if anyone wants any information on Keele and the surrounding area just ask me as I'm from Stoke-on-Trent which Keele is a 'home' university and I've been there many times.

I've applied to keele n i've had some mixed reviews about the place, some ppl think its gr8 and others don't, i personally haven't visited the place yet, but how wud u rate it compared to lancaster, which one's better?^o)

Latest

Trending

Trending