The Student Room Group

AS retakes!

Hey guys, hope you're all well :smile:

Basically I'm just wondering how the retakes system will work this year with all of the AS grades having to be 'cashed-in'

For example if you do chemistry which is 3 units (unit 1 and 2 and practical), if you do really badly in one of the units is it possible to retake just that unit if it has been cashed in? Or would you need to retake the whole 3 units?

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
You can retake any exams next year if you pay for it. For practical, you'd have to ask your teacher about it. You don't need to re-take all of it.
Reply 2
Original post by mr tim
You can retake any exams next year if you pay for it. For practical, you'd have to ask your teacher about it. You don't need to re-take all of it.

Are you sure it's possible just to retake specific units if the subject as a whole has been cashed in?

(This is a new law which has been introduced this year that exams need to be cashed in at the end of year 12!)
Reply 3
I did last year. My AS results were cashed in and I did a resit. I'm still not 100% sure if it will change me AS grade (I think that there was some option on the resit form something to do with agglomeration or something that begins with an A and I didn't tick it) but it will go towards my overall A2 grade I think.
You can cash in your new module grade and receive a overall grade. You won't need to redo the other 2.
Original post by Tabers
I did last year. My AS results were cashed in and I did a resit. I'm still not 100% sure if it will change me AS grade (I think that there was some option on the resit form something to do with agglomeration or something that begins with an A and I didn't tick it) but it will go towards my overall A2 grade I think.

this is right, i've had to resit chem 2 twice this year if you're planning on doing the A2 then it just gets added up at the end.
Reply 6
Original post by missevangeline
this is right, i've had to resit chem 2 twice this year if you're planning on doing the A2 then it just gets added up at the end.

Ahh right, so by the end of A2 they will take your best grades (original or resit) for every module even if they have been cashed in?
Reply 7
Original post by princesszm
Ahh right, so by the end of A2 they will take your best grades (original or resit) for every module even if they have been cashed in?

Yes

Quick Reply

Latest