The Student Room Group

Retaking 2nd year

Hi so I wanted to retake my 2nd year but I was wondering will the full year be capped at 40%??
Reply 1
It will if you are retaking all of the modules and have no ECs attached to them.
The marks for modules already taken and passed will stand.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by cheadle
It will if you are retaking all of the modules and have no ECs attached to them.
The marks for modules already taken and passed will stand.

no way wth, ffs
Reply 3
The offer to retake a year normally comes after the August resit period. So at this stage you are probably facing resits in August?
Reply 4
No, if you are retaking the year, the grades you get will be the grades you get.
Reply 5
Does it not depend on if they offer you the chance to retake the whole year? If some modules have already been passed, the offer might be to retake those modules only.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by cheadle
Does it not depend on if they offer you the chance to retake the whole year? If some modules have already been passed, the offer might be to retake those modules only.

the thing is, i wanna leave the university
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
the thing is, i wanna leave the university

Ah right. So you want to transfer and restart at L5.
Reply 8
Original post by cheadle
Ah right. So you want to transfer and restart at L5.

basically. I need to get away from my parents who are causing me distress.
Reply 9
So really what you are asking about is how to manage a transfer for L5 entry to a different course. How much of your current L5 have you completed? Have you identified where you'd like to transfer to?
Reply 10
yes either leeds beckett or notts university,
Original post by cheadle
So really what you are asking about is how to manage a transfer for L5 entry to a different course. How much of your current L5 have you completed? Have you identified where you'd like to transfer to?

yes either leeds trinity, or notts trent, i’ll transfer to either one of them. n yh i want to restart level 5
Reply 11
So this has to be done through UCAS. There is a discretionary element as the admissions tutor will have to establish that your current L4 and their L4 are equivalent in terms of modules studied.
Reply 12
There is useful TSR University Transfer FAQ here
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1781424
Reply 13
Original post by cheadle
So this has to be done through UCAS. There is a discretionary element as the admissions tutor will have to establish that your current L4 and their L4 are equivalent in terms of modules studied.

how do i check
Reply 14
The FAQ recommends making contact with the Admissions Tutor on each targeted course to see if they consider L5 entry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending