The Student Room Group

Suggest me a good film to watch

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rational Paradox
It's a great film, pity it is relatively unheard of (or at least out of the people i know)

Got two more recommendations, Ghost in the Shell (1995, Mamoru Oshii) - Anime (so foreign?) and Downfall (2004, Oliver Hirschbiegel) - War

It does a good job of parodying various aspects of other films. Most RDJ films are fantastic tbh.

Added Ghost in the Shell under 'Animated' since I already have Spirited Away and all that there. Downfall is already on the list. Thanks. :yep:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
It does a good job of parodying various aspects of other films. Most RDJ films are fantastic tbh.

Added Ghost in the Shell under 'Animated' since I already have Spirited Away and all that there. Downfall is already on the list. Thanks. :yep:

Ah, i completely missed the historical section, my bad! :redface:

cool, i thought Ghost in the Shell was a bit weird at first but it was great, may watch the second one but i've still got the LOTR trilogy to slog through :tongue:
Reply 1982
I am really bored and cannot sleep, so I have decided i want to watch a film.

Preferably a Comedy film.
Bur i really dont know what to watch...
any ideas?????

much apriciated :smile: :colondollar:
Hangover, Zoolander, Dodgeball, Anchorman, Harold and Kumar...

Any of the above
Reply 1984
Original post by The Dark Lord
Hangover, Zoolander, Dodgeball, Anchorman, Harold and Kumar...

Any of the above

seen them all :frown:
The austin powers films? Starsky and hutch? Bad boys? Superbad? Tropic thunder? Pink panther? The rush hour films? Stepbrothers? Ali G? Anger Management?
Walk Hard
Sorry to kinda deviate from the comedy bit..

But im watching Bowling for Columbine and its such a good movie! Give it a go
Seven Samurai
Rio (animated bird one)

Really cool and colourful. :biggrin:
pulp fiction?
the hangover?
:smile:
Shaun of the Dead, Paul, Hot Fuzz (I'm a Simon Pegg fan :tongue:)
Up, Wall-E, Kick-Ass, Snatch, Fight Club, Zombieland, 300
Reply 1992
Happy Gilmore
Van Wilder (the 1st one)
Reply 1993
As the title says but something that is a guaranteed laugh out loud movie, not one that just sort of makes you smirk like 'oh that's kind of funny' but not funny enough for you to bother to laugh properly. (Please don't suggest Hangover 1 or 2. That's the one everyone rolls off lately when asking for a comedy.)

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1994
Blazing Saddles
I like Adam Sandler movies...
Reply 1996
Original post by TizzWazz
I like Adam Sandler movies...

Me too. I've seen quite a few of them. I'll look up other movies with him and see if there's something I fancy watching. Thanks.
Hot Fuzz. I am going to watch it right now.
Hangover
Reply 1999
Hi I found this interesting link for you on what are considered the best comedy movies:
http://www.filmcrave.com/list_genre_movie.php?genre=Comedy

Quick Reply

Latest