The Student Room Group

Suggest me a good film to watch

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RabbitCFH
As much as I love the F&F series, it's not very similar to the films the OP mentioned. :p:

Shooter, The Italian Job, The Departed maybe.

True, but it has the same fast-paced, action based plot as the ones mentioned! Who knows, he might like to try something different in plot but similar in form!
Original post by yesioo
Law Abiding Citizen. Although I'm only just about to watch it :ahee:

Brilliant

unthinkable you should watch it
Inside man
Taken
Inception
Shutter Island
Reply 1383
Original post by yesioo
Law Abiding Citizen. Although I'm only just about to watch it :ahee:

This... is an awesome film!

Favourite quote:

Spoiler

Fightclub
Donnie Darko
Goodfellas
Original post by Peas and love
True, but it has the same fast-paced, action based plot as the ones mentioned! Who knows, he might like to try something different in plot but similar in form!

Fairenuff. Hopefully the new one is good too, I've been looking forward to it.
Reply 1386
larence Darby... That's strike 3 for you; coke on the table, bitch on the floor, life in prison.

I laughed out loud at that bit. It's going into my favourite films pile :cool:
The Fountain! Never in my life have I seen such a beautiful and UNDERATED film, I was lost in thought after watching this film lol. Words cannot describe the soundtrack<3
Catfish (2010, Henry Joost, Ariel Schulman) - Documentary

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuE98oeL-e0

If anyone hasn't seen this I highly recommend it, my friend recommended it to me the other day and wow, is all I can say.
Hi there everyone,

After my daily revision routine I like to watch a film to relax, and I watched a film called 'Catfish'... If any of you have seen it you will know that it is f***ing amazing!
Here's the trailer if you want to check it out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuE98oeL-e0
And now my life is at a halt, trying to find the perfect movie to out do that one! Haha, seriously, WATCH Catfish and you will understand, the story is so amazing and the ending... Just... WOW! Never expected that in a million years.
Ever since then I have been hooked on Documentary films. I watched The Puffy Chair, Restrepo, Exit Through The Gift Shop, Happythankyoumoreplease and a couple more, but I need more!!! haha

So can anyone recommend a documentary style film, or even just a film that has blown them away recently? :smile:
DEFO Watching that 2moro!!!
DEFO Watching that 2moro!!!

It's well worth it mate, seriously, the ending!!!!!!!! AHHHH, I want to erase the knowledge of knowing what happens from my mind and watch it over and over again haha.

Let me know what you thought :smile: and if you can suggest any other movies? :smile:
Original post by lsaul95
Hi there everyone,

After my daily revision routine I like to watch a film to relax, and I watched a film called 'Catfish'... If any of you have seen it you will know that it is f***ing amazing!
Here's the trailer if you want to check it out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuE98oeL-e0
And now my life is at a halt, trying to find the perfect movie to out do that one! Haha, seriously, WATCH Catfish and you will understand, the story is so amazing and the ending... Just... WOW! Never expected that in a million years.
Ever since then I have been hooked on Documentary films. I watched The Puffy Chair, Restrepo, Exit Through The Gift Shop, Happythankyoumoreplease and a couple more, but I need more!!! haha

So can anyone recommend a documentary style film, or even just a film that has blown them away recently? :smile:

haven't seen it...but from the trailer I really want to. Unfortunatly, from the trailer at least I can't recommend anything similar.

Last few films I watched were 'The Proposition' and 'Into the Wild' both pretty decent. But films that have a twist...try 'the machinist' was a long time since I seen it, but remember there was a twist that kept the mind think...wtf???haha
Just watched Trainspotting and Pulp Fiction for the first time this past week. They were both films I was, up until a week ago, ashamed not to have watched....

They're both fantastic, but Pulp Fiction edged it for me; it's now one of my all-time favourites.
Omg this thread and the trailer got me so excited! I'm not sleeping tonight! I NEED to know what happens at the end right now so I'm downloading it at the moment:biggrin:
Reply 1395
I've heard it's awesome. Probs not much that's similar.
Well, it looks a bit like a documentary, but given your comment I am really keen on watching it tomorrow.

Thanks and sorry but I don't really know what the film is about so can't give you any advice. But as facebook is coming up on this film maybe you wanna watch the social network :tongue:.
The Next Three Days
Law Abiding Citizen

Made in britain
(even though its nothing like the ones you suggested, but its a good film :smile:)
and tim roth is sexy in it
Reply 1399
The Mechanic, seriously. Take my advice, I have probably watched all movies there is to watch.

Quick Reply

Latest