The Student Room Group

£5 to spend at McDonalds, what would you get?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Jen_App
The American deal their doing atm, New Yorker is epic! :smile:

It's ****ing class isn't it? I've had three times this week.
Original post by ItsaNameAndIUseIt
I had that today and it was only &3.90! :eek:

Sneaky McDonalds, very sneaky. I was too tired to question it though. I just wanted to tuck into that Big Mac after a long day.
Original post by Cartopher
I don't know about McDonalds but if you go to KFC they always get the orders wrong so you get a free meal next time you go.

Original post by Pn94
Lol, especially when waiting in the Drive-Thru bay. Mofos take 25 minutes.

guess what? i was at a drive thru, we ordered 4 big macs, four apple pies and four drinks. we also ordered 4 fries, however they only gave us everything with the exception of the fries, so yeah when we got home, we then realised, so we called up the store, and they said bring your reciept and we'll give u a free meal ( repeat the order basically), the manager said he was really sorry then )
I didn't know people actually planned in advance before going to Mikky Dee'z.
I can't stand McDonalds when I'm sober, but after a night out :sexface:
I always get a mcchicken sandwhich/chicken legend with mayo, medium chips and medium diet coke :smile:
Original post by GuyUK
Hey guys,

I am gonna go to McDonalds on Monday, and I am willing to spend £5 maximum. I haven't been to McDonalds in years, so I have no idea how much the food costs. I live in London. If you can spend £5 what would you get? and for those who know the prices and go regularly, how much do you pay for each item?

Area in which your Mcdonalds is?
What you would get with £5? with the costs of each item
How much you usually spend? with the costs of each item

Also, I like to know
What are the types of flavor for milkshake ?
What are the sizes available and their prices for milkshake?
What sizes are available and their prices for the fries?
Do you have to pay for sauces?
Costs of the chicken legend burger?How does it compare to KFC fillet tower burger?

How much would a chicken legend meal with large fries and large chocolate milkshake costs at your Mcdonalds?

Thanks

I live in south derbyshire. I know it would be slightly different as i work at mcdonalds, but moving on. I dont really go there much out of work though.
I would have a medium chicken sandwich meal with a bottle of water. At my mcdonalds they are £3.99.

And your question about milkshakes. We do medium and large milkshakes. And we do strawberry, chocolate, banana and caramel flavours. (Normally we do vanilla, but we are doing the caramel one at the minute, its a special one that we are doing). And at mine, medium milkshakes are £1.39 and large are £1.59. But the caramel one is £1.79 for medium and £1.99 for large.
And for the fries, small is 89p, medium is 99p and large is £1.39. We dont usually charge for sauces. If you only want 1 or 2 with your meal, then thats fine, but if you want loads, then tchnically we are meant to charge you 10p per sauce. We dont charge very often though. Most mcdonalds have those pumps on dining area where you can get tomaro and barbeque sauce from anyway.
With the chicken legend burger, i think its £2.99 for the burger on its own. Im not really bure about that burger from kfc, so i cant really answer that question.
I'm sure you can spend your £5 elsewhere.
Reply 87
Chicken Legend with Salsa (2.99), Large Fries (1.39) and a plain Ice Cream cone (0.54).

I think those prices are accurate ^^
If I was feeling "healthy" (healthy for McDonalds)
Chicken nuggets value meal with Coke.

Otherwise :colone:

New York classic, but I'd ask them for it with just the beef burger, streaky bacon, cheese, lettuce and ketchup :coma:
Original post by Fusion
I haven't tasted their nuggets in years and years, but I hear they altered the recipie quite drastically?

I do know they were :sogood: when I ate them

They're still quite good. Nowhere near as :sogood: as they were when I was younger, but not foul.
Original post by bolly_mad
Whoa, whoa, whoa! You can get 20 chicken nuggets for £4? WHY AM I JUST HEARING THIS NOW?

Mmhmm, it's called a Sharebox. Not that you'll ever end up sharing it :colone:
Original post by GuyUK
Hey guys,

I am gonna go to McDonalds on Monday, and I am willing to spend £5 maximum. I haven't been to McDonalds in years, so I have no idea how much the food costs. I live in London. If you can spend £5 what would you get? and for those who know the prices and go regularly, how much do you pay for each item?

Area in which your Mcdonalds is?
What you would get with £5? with the costs of each item
How much you usually spend? with the costs of each item

Also, I like to know
What are the types of flavor for milkshake ?
What are the sizes available and their prices for milkshake?
What sizes are available and their prices for the fries?
Do you have to pay for sauces?
Costs of the chicken legend burger?How does it compare to KFC fillet tower burger?

How much would a chicken legend meal with large fries and large chocolate milkshake costs at your Mcdonalds?

Thanks

i would go to TGI fridays instead in cardiff St davids. and go to the bar
Original post by Ice_Queen

I'd take a few friends, load up on milkshake and fries and spend the remaining £4.92 on sweets :biggrin:

You bought sweets? You must share your sweets or they will be redistributed.
Reply 93
20 chicken nuggets, fries & any sauce you like....preferably BBQ :coma:
Reply 94
I don't know how much it is but I'd get a McChicken Sandwich, medium fries and medium diet coke.
Original post by burningnun
You bought sweets? You must share your sweets or they will be redistributed.

And how do you plan on redistributing my sweeties?
Reply 96
5 cheeseburgers! 'nuff said!
Reply 97
5 x 99p Sundaes YUMMMMMMMMM :smile:

And how do you plan on redistributing my sweeties?

I can't believe you don't want to share and you jumped straight to option 2. :puppyeyes:
Reply 99
I work at McDonald's (oh the shame), on my breaks I usually go for the double quarter-pounder with extra cheese and extra bacon with medium fries, 10 chicken nuggets, chocolate milkshake and orange juice (to make it healthy)... But then again you might get ushered out if you request that, so I'd go for a double cheeseburger.

Quick Reply

Latest