The Student Room Group

TSR Economics society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
i dont want to be a judge and you proberly dont want me :smile: but i can suggest one..."Liverpool"
How about a new debate topic??

We have 2 judges and a couple of people waiting for some serious debating..

How about debating the pros and cons of economic theories such as: Protectionism, Libertarianism, Free trade or Mercantilism??

That would give a goud foundation for further debate.
__WiZaRD__
i think a really intresting debate would be one on protectionism and how it effects developing/developed countries. Whether the CAP is justified..

Anyone?

@ Wizard: It's a good topic, but I thought we want to have this pro and contra style debate here. I would enjoy a pro and contra debate on protectionism. How about that? (we don't really need to include the CAP, as I think it would go to far)
Reply 84
Yeah, sounds good to me. Let's go for it.
Reply 85
Ok the debate on PROTECTIONISM is officially :rolleyes: started. Start posting. The person with the most eco point by 31st Jan will be the economist of the month, and will certainly receive my rep ( and hopefully from the others as well :wink:). The debate is on till the 31st. People who chose pro must go for pro and vice versa. If you didnt state that before then take note that once you say pro or con then you will have to stick to it. I will pm the members about the topic.

Sorry for keeping you lot waiting for so long. I am really sorry.
Reply 86
Wizard 3 points for debate topic.
yay!

can we leave the debate for after the 31st, what with exams and stuff, got 2885 (transport) and 2887 (uk economy) coming up..
__WiZaRD__
yay!

can we leave the debate for after the 31st, what with exams and stuff, got 2885 (transport) and 2887 (uk economy) coming up..

good idea. I am off to the Model Eurpoean parliament tomorrow, so I won't be able to debate during the next couple of days.
Reply 89
I would like to Join
Same here :biggrin: :cheers:
Reply 91
I extend it to 8th of february due to the site upgrade.
Reply 92
Wizard is the Economist of the month!!

:party: :party: :party:

Congrats Wizard. You get my rep. I would also ask all our members to give him rep as well.
Reply 93
Hi im studying Econ and Geog at UCL - i would like to join the Econ Society.....
Nuheen
Wizard is the Economist of the month!!

:party: :party: :party:

Congrats Wizard. You get my rep. I would also ask all our members to give him rep as well.

yay!! Thank you Nuheen! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 95
Welcome to our society Higher :biggrin:

Ok why isnt anyone debating on this topic? If you think it is boring then I have another topic. Post pronto.
I wanna join! Please.. :biggrin:
Reply 97
Ok, debating should begin pretty soon, as Nuheen has said. Is the problem that the question is a bit too vague? I propose titling the debate
"Protectionism is a beneficial economic measure. Discuss." as a means to helping people formulate arguments.
Reply 98
:ditto: Apagg

IMPORTANT:

To have the TSR Economist Society logo beside your name request here. This is for existing members as well. Scroll down to the TSr Economics Society and click on join the soc. ( how is the logo?)

Pianist I couldn't add you. You already have the max number of societies according to the error message.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php?do=list&page=2
economics peeps,

does anyone know any good sites for the economic theory of internalisation? cheers.

Quick Reply

Latest