The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

What should I start doing after A-Levels to help me break into IB?

Got the offer from LSE for Economics but I'm wondering what else do I need to be doing from the start of first year?
Mentally prepare to give up your freedom and social life lol
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by shimmyjimmyfor3
Mentally prepare to give up your freedom and social life lol

I don't have a social life now anyways so thats fine
Reply 3
getting off tsr and developing a personality
Reply 4
Original post by hr27
getting off tsr and developing a personality

yeah really helpful advice mate cheers
Original post by Anonymous #1
Got the offer from LSE for Economics but I'm wondering what else do I need to be doing from the start of first year?

im also waiting on LSE eco, if you dont mind what were your stats and subjects?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #2
im also waiting on LSE eco, if you dont mind what were your stats and subjects?

pred 5A* (maths, fm, physics, economics, epq)
9999999998 GCSE
pred 5A* (maths, fm, physics, economics, epq)
9999999998 GCSE

Extremely impressive, makes sense why you got the offer so early. I wish you the best of luck there. My stats aren't as impressive: I have an A* achieved in Mathematics and 3A* predicted in FM, Eco, Business. My GCSES weren't great with 999977766. Do you think I still have a chance?
Reply 8
Extremely impressive, makes sense why you got the offer so early. I wish you the best of luck there. My stats aren't as impressive: I have an A* achieved in Mathematics and 3A* predicted in FM, Eco, Business. My GCSES weren't great with 999977766. Do you think I still have a chance?

Those are still amazing grades you definitely have a chance with a good PS
I think LSE econ is a bit of a lottery though so nothing ise guaranteed
Those are still amazing grades you definitely have a chance with a good PS
I think LSE econ is a bit of a lottery though so nothing ise guaranteed

Yeah makes sense, just hoping i get something soon from either UCL or LSE cuz the wait rlly does kill u😭. Nevertheless, wish u the best at LSE and for ur future in IB. From what I know, you’ve just gotta extensively network to try to help land some good internships if you’re looking to get a grad job at a bulge like goldman, along with obv being on top of grades, relevant societies and some extracurriculars. But yeah main thing is defo the internships and networking
Reply 10
Yeah makes sense, just hoping i get something soon from either UCL or LSE cuz the wait rlly does kill u😭. Nevertheless, wish u the best at LSE and for ur future in IB. From what I know, you’ve just gotta extensively network to try to help land some good internships if you’re looking to get a grad job at a bulge like goldman, along with obv being on top of grades, relevant societies and some extracurriculars. But yeah main thing is defo the internships and networking

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending