The Student Room Group

AQA Graphics 10/06/11

Anyone else taking this exam?? How are you preparing for it? I've done the course in a year and spent pretty much the whole time on practical, and been taught no theory whatsoever... :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I need to start revision today i have done no revision at all today but i know that its going to be linked to teacher kids to learn to tell the time. If i was you I would go over some of the symbols and what they mean and the main materials that are used. If you can I would also encourage to draw some ideas of potential products which could educate kids to tell the time.
P.S theres very useful information www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize
( Hope that was hopeful)
yeah I'm doing it

tbh I'm just going to read up on the fact based material and fluke the rest as it worked in the mock which used last years paper.
Reply 3
My teacher recommended I buy the CGP revision book off her, so I am going through the written paper part of the specification:

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/newgcse/pdf/AQA-4550-W-SP.PDF

And finding the info in the book :P It's all in the CGP book but I've only looked at the first 3-4 points or so lol

Gl guys, I have no idea how I will do, in year 10 mocks I got an E, but we learnt literally none of it and most of my class did similar. And in year 11 mocks i got 5 marks off an A, but I cheated by accident lol
(Turns out the past paper I went through online was the one I was going to be sitting and I remember a lot of the answers through going through it XD)
Original post by Implo
My teacher recommended I buy the CGP revision book off her, so I am going through the written paper part of the specification:

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/newgcse/pdf/AQA-4550-W-SP.PDF

Thank you so much! THIS IS A LIFE SAVER 8D
I fluked an A in the mocks earlier this year, but I doubt I'll be able to do the same this time round 0_0
Reply 5
Original post by okonomiyaki
Thank you so much! THIS IS A LIFE SAVER 8D
I fluked an A in the mocks earlier this year, but I doubt I'll be able to do the same this time round 0_0

Your welcome :wink: Good luck.
Reply 6
Anyone else got any other revision material except the Specification and Bitesize?
What topics are likely to come up, anyone got any ideas? Also, there are at least like 5 Finishing processes, 5 joining up processes etc etc, how are we supposed to learn SO many processes?! Or are there specific ones to learn? I'm really worried about this exam PLEASE help! I already got an A on coursework btw.
Reply 7
For revision there is technologystudent.com :smile:
I am worried about this exam, i'm pretty certain it will be the one i do the worst in out of all my exams. We've been taught practically nothing because we spent all year on the coursework/controlled assessment.
Does anyone have any idea what sort of things we could get asked to do on the teaching children to tell the time section?
Reply 8
Perhaps (I HOPE!!) Something on sustainable issues e.g. recycling? Perhaps Logos?
Reply 9
oh no ive just remembered i have graphics revision to do :s-smilie:

what do i need to revise ?? :s-smilie:
Original post by kathryn123
We've been taught practically nothing because we spent all year on the coursework/controlled assessment.

I thought I was the only one :')
Reply 11
I think its Cram time!!!!:K:

Cover to cover of the revision guide in 24 hours... hopoefully it will b possible!:noway:
Reply 12
What's the main theme about ????
Reply 13
Mine is childrens clocks...
Reply 14
We've been taught practically nothing because we spent all year on the coursework/controlled assessment.

Same!
Reply 15
Help guys!! I know nothing about graphics...fluked a B in the mock :s-smilie:
Reply 16
What I don't understand is how there's so much things to revise for, but I swear in the past papers the questions have been to do with the specification so will these questions be to do with the clocks? Like, last year there was injection and vacuum forming and all that? What kind of things do we need to know this time?
Reply 17
Original post by Emilyy-h
What I don't understand is how there's so much things to revise for, but I swear in the past papers the questions have been to do with the specification so will these questions be to do with the clocks? Like, last year there was injection and vacuum forming and all that? What kind of things do we need to know this time?

there's a section A and a section B

A is about the spec, so they will all be about children telling the time

B is general, so it could be on anything

some ideas include
Equiptment, Paper, Plastics, Printing Methods, Print Finishing, anything thats in the spec really!
Reply 18
Guys... I've been looking at the Spec...
And I would like to know:
Is AQA only going to ask questions on the things they mention on the SPEC??
Because the stuff on the spec is too much already... Imagine having to revise more...
Im dead...
I managed to get an A in my mock, but that was kinda easy in my opinion... BTW the mock we had was on the paper june 2010, and like half what the spec says there was in the paper... will it be like this for this one as well???

thx in advance :biggrin:
GL to all !!!
I am so stressed omg... really wanted the *
Reply 19
Original post by KoalaKim
there's a section A and a section B

A is about the spec, so they will all be about children telling the time

B is general, so it could be on anything

some ideas include
Equiptment, Paper, Plastics, Printing Methods, Print Finishing, anything thats in the spec really!

Thank you :biggrin: That's really helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending