The Student Room Group

How to stop being so frigid...

Basically I'm 18, have had boyfriends in the past but never been past "first base".
New boyfriend, and I don't want to carry on being so frigid.
It's as if I've left it for so long, that I don't know how to do anything further and I'm worried about getting it wrong! And I would feel so awkward having anything past kissing done to me.

Basically, 2nd base etc I have no idea what to do, I just think it will be mortifying when he realises how inexperienced I am :frown:.

Yeah I know people are starving in the world and this is shallow but it's important to me!

Scroll to see replies

get drunk to relax you a bit?

Just tell him you're inexperianced, he shouldn't mind
Reply 2
Talk to him about it - he may then take things slower and it saves worrying about it?
Reply 3
Rohypnol.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I'm 18, have had boyfriends in the past but never been past "first base".
It's as if I've left it for so long, that I don't know how to do anything further and I'm worried about getting it wrong! And I would feel so awkward having anything past kissing done to me.

Basically, 2nd base etc I have no idea what to do, I just think it will be mortifying when he realises how inexperienced I am :frown:.

Yeah I know people are starving in the world and this is shallow but it's important to me!

It just sounds like nerves, don't worry about it. The important thing would be to tell your boyfriend exactly what you want, maybe try taking charge and being in control as it might be less intimidating than having him lead the way the first time.
Reply 5
Basically I'm 18, have had boyfriends in the past but never been past "first base"..

You're not frigid. You're 18 for goodness sake :P

But I know how you feel. I was the same. I got drunk for my first time. Wouldn't recommend it, the guy didn't see me again after, and it was so painful.

If the guy respects you and you tell him you're a bit nervous (if he's any kind of decent he will be a bit as well) he'll take things slowly. Don't be afraid to use lube and stuff as this can make it easier if you're not wet enough (nerves sometimes affect how aroused you get)

Once you do it once or twice, you'll love it. Just take it steadily. Not everyone is ready at 18. There's nothing wrong with that.
have sex
Reply 7
Original post by bigdave
Talk to him about it - he may then take things slower and it saves worrying about it?

Because we were pretty good friends before we recently got together I feel like I can't tell him! I don't know why, I'd just feel like an idiot.
Reply 8
Original post by Ciaran88
It just sounds like nerves, don't worry about it. The important thing would be to tell your boyfriend exactly what you want, maybe try taking charge and being in control as it might be less intimidating than having him lead the way the first time.

Lead the way? I think that might be even more scary lol.
I think the problem might be that I don't quite trust him. He can have moments where he's really shallow and immature and he tells his friends everything. But in general he's really nice but sort of tactless.

I don't want it to be sooo awkward.
I don't mean sex, that would be easier than foreplay which I have no idea how to do!
Reply 9
Because we were pretty good friends before we recently got together I feel like I can't tell him! I don't know why, I'd just feel like an idiot.

I may be different to most guys but I hate it when a girl keeps their feelings a secret. I want to know what's going on and why things aren't quite right. But I understand you feeling that way.
Reply 10

You're not frigid, there's no such thing as frigid.

Do YOU want to take things further, or do you just think you should because you're 18?

My advice: wait until you feel more confident/sure/ready about it and talk to your boyfriend. He should respect your right to not do anything unless/until you want to.
Reply 11
Original post by Yolly
You're not frigid, there's no such thing as frigid.

Do YOU want to take things further, or do you just think you should because you're 18?

My advice: wait until you feel more confident/sure/ready about it and talk to your boyfriend. He should respect your right to not do anything unless/until you want to.

I do. The reason I don't want to is that I'm worried about getting things wrong and appearing as if I don't know what I'm doing (I don't lol).
Maybe I need to trust him more first.

I think he will though :smile: I can't see him pushing anything.
Just make sure you're comfortable with him before rushing into anything. It's probably just nerves though, relax. It's a completely natural thing. :smile:
Reply 13
I do. The reason I don't want to is that I'm worried about getting things wrong and appearing as if I don't know what I'm doing (I don't lol).
Maybe I need to trust him more first.

I think he will though :smile: I can't see him pushing anything.

Looks like you answered your own question :smile:

Also, it might help to think that you can't really "do it wrong" because there's no right way to do it. What turns one person on might be a big turn-off for someone else; so whether you'd had sex with anyone before or not, you and your boyfriend would both still have to learn how to make it good for both of you. And obviously this applies to him too, just because it's not his first time doing X, doesn't change the fact it's his first time doing X with you; so he has to learn just as much as you.
I was frigid for ages, this has helped me massively, thank you. I used the Rohypnol technique, worked like a charm but I'm going to prison for five years.
Masturbate
It's fine, you're asexual, a lot of girls are like this. Most girls aren't interested in sex, they're asexual to a fault. Don't feel like you need to change for someone else's sake, don't feel pressured to do something just because other people do it. Only do it if you're completely comfortable with it. It's no big deal really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You won't be frigid after seeing 50 shades of grey! :wink:
Original post by Icebaker
It's fine, you're asexual, a lot of girls are like this. Most girls aren't interested in sex, they're asexual to a fault. Don't feel like you need to change for someone else's sake, don't feel pressured to do something just because other people do it. Only do it if you're completely comfortable with it. It's no big deal really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to have a problem with you. Is the asexual thing a joke? I mean really? Because either it is, or you are. You make yourself sound like an frustrated, immature, butthurt idiot who can't get any.

To the OP I personally advocate communication, communication, communication. It is good for relationships. Talk to him. It might feel silly but it really is the best way for you to feel comfortable about it and it will help you both going forth.
An eighteen year old not feeling comfortable with having sex yet is not "frigid".

And this discussion about the word is interesting: http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/76332-frigidprude-shaming/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending