The Student Room Group

Going Abroad & Need Advice on Loans Please

Hi, I've been accepted to Study at IESEG in Paris completing my 3rd year as part of my degree at Glasgow University. I have never had a SAAS loan before as I never needed one. I was just wondering, I looked on the website for SAAS and they said that they looked at your household income which mine is relatively high. My mum and dad are separated and I live with my mum and stepdad. I'm wondering what sources of finance are open to me in terms of loans, grants, bursarys basically all the money I can get my hands on.

I would really appreciate some help from you guys on TSR.

Gratitude,
Steven
they take your mum and stepdad's income into consideration surely?
Reply 2
Original post by hypocriticaljap
they take your mum and stepdad's income into consideration surely?

Yeah they do, but it works on my household income for the previous year and my Stepdad was working in Libya and didnt declare any tax. But now he's unemployed and unable to give me any money. Such a stupid system...
Reply 3
yes, it is a stupid system
declare yourself as living in your mothers house and their joint income for the last year and you'll get loads of cash

my flatmate did this every year as his mum was unemployed but although he lived with his dad most of the time, declared himself resident at his mothers house, netting himself a huge loan plus bursary, despite the fact that his dad paid his rent for him
Reply 4
Original post by munn
yes, it is a stupid system
declare yourself as living in your mothers house and their joint income for the last year and you'll get loads of cash

my flatmate did this every year as his mum was unemployed but although he lived with his dad most of the time, declared himself resident at his mothers house, netting himself a huge loan plus bursary, despite the fact that his dad paid his rent for him

I already live at my mums, I had my own flat during term time (am I entitled to a housing benefit rebate?) Also if I declare my household income that it will take into account my step dads earning and he made a lot of money, plus he can't give me the exact figures of what he eared until November. Im so lost.
your step dad can't inform SFE of his earning for 2009-10?

Pull the other one!
Reply 6
Original post by hypocriticaljap
your step dad can't inform SFE of his earning for 2009-10?

Pull the other one!

I don't know what you mean, but if you mean that I'm taking the piss, ask yourself why I would post asking for advice if I was already able to take the piss...
It appears Scotland need financial details for 2010-11. I didn't realise. What a stupid system. It's because of problems like your step dad's that England ask for the preceding year's income details.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending