The Student Room Group

GCSE Students - What subjects will you take for A-Levels?

Scroll to see replies

I am hoping to take Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Biology. I hope I get the grades (hopefully).
Original post by cuckoo99
lol u mad? a B is the requirment for most colleges and sixth forms.

My school's sixth form's requirement is A :P
Original post by bambi_eyes
I'm almost definitely doing:

Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Literature
:bhangra:

Me too! Rock on English Literature A level students! (punches air) :biggrin:
Original post by yugiohtheawesome
Me too! Rock on English Literature A level students! (punches air) :biggrin:

lol thats what i said till i did the course and was like :O
I am taking 3 sciences and maths : requirements are A in maths and 1 A and 2 Bs in any combination of the sciences. :smile: good luck everyone , still dreading results day ( physics was annoying anyone else agree unit 3 aqa)
Reply 1265
either

Maths , Biology , Chemistry , Business Studies
Maths , Biology , Chemistry , History
Maths , Chemistry , History , Business Studies
Maths , Biology , History , Business Studies

Haven't made my mind up yet :redface:
Original post by cuckoo99
lol thats what i said till i did the course and was like :O

:eek: Is it hard? I really like all of them, that's why I decided to take them. English literature is my favourite subject :biggrin: Apparently we're doing the portrait of Dorian grey which is an amazing book :smile:
:eek: Is it hard? I really like all of them, that's why I decided to take them. English literature is my favourite subject :biggrin: Apparently we're doing the portrait of Dorian grey which is an amazing book :smile:

well I've just finished AS English Lit, I've always loved english but this year I've hated it, it's a pretty hard and requires so much more detail than GCSE
Reply 1268
Maths, Further Maths, Economics, German, History :smile:
Original post by pink pineapple
well I've just finished AS English Lit, I've always loved english but this year I've hated it, it's a pretty hard and requires so much more detail than GCSE

Oh noes :frown: A lot of people have been saying that it's hard, but I'm just hoping that it'll be ok for me lol. Which book did you do?
Reply 1270
Maths Chemistry Biology Physics
Oh noes :frown: A lot of people have been saying that it's hard, but I'm just hoping that it'll be ok for me lol. Which book did you do?

It's a bit like marmite- youeither love the subeject or hate. I did the Great Gatsby, the Kite Runner (which is amazing- whether you do it or not I strongly recommend it), the Rime of the Ancient Mariner and poems by Auden.
It's a bit like marmite- youeither love the subeject or hate. I did the Great Gatsby, the Kite Runner (which is amazing- whether you do it or not I strongly recommend it), the Rime of the Ancient Mariner and poems by Auden.

I LOVE the Kite Runner! I felt so sorry for Hassan :frown: Have you read A thousand splendid suns? Hopefully I'll love lit next year :biggrin: Roll on 6th form! Although, I have to actually PASS my lit gcse first... :s-smilie:
I LOVE the Kite Runner! I felt so sorry for Hassan :frown: Have you read A thousand splendid suns? Hopefully I'll love lit next year :biggrin: Roll on 6th form! Although, I have to actually PASS my lit gcse first... :s-smilie:

No, I havn't read that one. Sixth form's pretty good, make the most of the summer though, within the first four weeks I wanted another break!
No, I havn't read that one. Sixth form's pretty good, make the most of the summer though, within the first four weeks I wanted another break!

You should read it it's by the same guy who wrote the Kite Runner,and it's just as good in my opinion. After my exams I'm just gonna sleep for eight weeks. I don't remember what my bed looks like! Everybody's saying 6th form's really hard. It's scaring me :frown:
Chemistry
History
Biology
Maths/Physics/Politics

Completely stuck on my fourth choice. Kinda want to do maths but I'm a bit worried it will be too difficult.
Original post by benpearson1
Chemistry
History
Biology
Maths/Physics/Politics

Completely stuck on my fourth choice. Kinda want to do maths but I'm a bit worried it will be too difficult.

That's my problem too - but with physics. I love chemistry, however, I don't particularly love maths although I understand I need it in order to do chemistry further. I also think physics would benefit me but I don't want to take on two - difficult - A levels I don't particularly enjoy ^.^
Reply 1277
Double award art and design
Biology
Chemistry
Maths

At the end of the first year we have to drop a choice and in the second year we have to do either critical thinking or general studies ( I'm going to do critical thinking) as an enrichment option....

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by p!atd16
Double award art and design
Biology
Chemistry
Maths

At the end of the first year we have to drop a choice and in the second year we have to do either critical thinking or general studies ( I'm going to do critical thinking) as an enrichment option....

Off topic, but, I love your username! I saw them January this year - amazing! :3
Reply 1279
Original post by Pabblethefish
Off topic, but, I love your username! I saw them January this year - amazing! :3

Haha thanks! :biggrin:
You're so lucky - I'd give anything to see them but they never seem to come anywhere near to where I live :frown:
I also think you're username's pretty awesome too :smile:

(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest