The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Best housing options for post-grad Riseholme student?

Hello all!

I will be attending U Lincoln this coming September as a graduate student in the Clinical Animal Behaviour program.

Classes for this program take place on the Riseholme campus. I'm an international and won't have a car, so I will need to live somewhere close to a bus stop that goes to Riseholme. Any idea where these bus stops may be and/or a good place to look for accommodations might be? (I apologise, the bus system in England is totally foreign to me.)

Thanks a bunch!
Reply 1
The bus is a private coach from Campus Way at Brayford (google maps LN6 7WA), up to Riseholme about 6 times a day. The best private accommodation nearest to this bus stop is Hayes Wharf (just over the bridge - 2 mins walk away), other accommodation is a similar distance, no more than 5 minutes away, the Pavillions, and the Junxion is a little further out. Otherwise, renting somewhere private mightn't be a bad idea, a lot cheaper (I paid £56 a week including bills in 2nd year shared house, compared with over £100 a week I think they want for the flats).
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
OMG! that is the MSc Id love to do !
You could contact the Uni and ask them? I know there is a shuttle bus form the main campus to riseholme but dont know when
Reply 3
Original post by veganliz
Hello all!

I will be attending U Lincoln this coming September as a graduate student in the Clinical Animal Behaviour program.

Classes for this program take place on the Riseholme campus. I'm an international and won't have a car, so I will need to live somewhere close to a bus stop that goes to Riseholme. Any idea where these bus stops may be and/or a good place to look for accommodations might be? (I apologise, the bus system in England is totally foreign to me.)

Thanks a bunch!

Hi there
I was wondering if you'd found a place to stay yet? I'm also coming to Lincoln to do the CAB course (most excited!), I thought it'd be great to team up with people on my course. Was looking at private places to rent though as they are so much cheaper!
Let me know if you want to flatshare..
himara
Reply 4
Original post by himara

Original post by himara
Hi there
I was wondering if you'd found a place to stay yet? I'm also coming to Lincoln to do the CAB course (most excited!), I thought it'd be great to team up with people on my course. Was looking at private places to rent though as they are so much cheaper!
Let me know if you want to flatshare..
himara

Hi Himara! I sent you a PM, it should be in your inbox. I haven't found housing yet and would love to talk about being flatmates!

Quick Reply

Latest