The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bbkk15
take your verbal diahorrea elsewhere mate and thats why you should think b4 u bhoonk like a kutha, not afraid of the word khalistan but HINDUSTAN ZINDABAD get your land off the pakistanis mate coz thats where most of punjab use 2 be

We freed India, the figures prove it;
77% of those sent to the gallows were Sikh as were 81% of those sentenced to life imprisonment.
During the Quit India Movement many indiscriminate arrests were made and Sikhs contributed 70% of the total Punjabis arrested.
More than 60% of the 20,000 who joined the Indian National Army were Sikhs.

Bearing in mind at this point we represented less than 1% of India's population - that speaks volumes.

So we freed India, and now we get told to go to Pakistan? What sort of justice is that? We're getting slapped across the face for supporting India.

Right now, Sikhs are literally keeping India afloat:
33% of income taxation comes from Sikhs.
45% of officers in the Indian Army are Sikhs.
67% of total charitable donations come from Sikhs.

India would be nothing without us.

Original post by Lakhvir.Singh
After just looking at the animal killing video posted earlier, I Googled something along the lines of "Sikh animal killings" and found this http://www.lepak.tv/watch/1beb71f26801d28/Bhindranwala-and-his-men-Killing-Goat-Inside-Gurdwara

Can someone explain to me why this happened? Why was it allowed to happen inside a Gurdwara? Thanks

"When the British conquered and annexed Punjab in 1849 they were aware of the power and glory of the Sikhs. They also knew that Sikh power emerges from the Gurdwaras. Therefore they conceived a sinister plan to scuttle Sikhism by taking control of these institutions of religious power through their agents. In pursuit of their aim they installed Hindu Mahants as managers of important Gurdwaras. For instance, Mahant Narain Das and Mahant Sadhu Ram both anti-Sikh elements, were respectively made in charge of Gurdwara Nankana Sahib and Harimandir Sahib. The fanatic and corrupt Hindu Mahants installed idols in the Gurdwaras and introduced Hindu rites and rituals which were denounced and renounced by the Sikh Gurus. In this way the Mahants brought Sikh religion under the evil influence of Hinduism and muddled it greatly."
(The Gallant Defender, Dr. A.R. Darshi, 25)

Original post by pinda.college
Here you go paji, interesting article I found.

http://www.khalsanews.org/articles/Bakra%20Jhatka%20at%20Nanded.pdf

That article is 100% BS. What a colossal liar.

Notice how he doesn't provide any references for his "history." He so easily says that meat eating was common in the langar, but doesn't provide any proof.

I'll counter any reference he made to the Guru Granth Sahib here

“First, the mortal is conceived in the flesh, and then he dwells in the flesh."
(Guru Granth Sahib, Ang 1289)

It is important to look at the circumstances in which Shabads were revealed. This one was revealed at Kurukshetra, and is recorded in Bhai Mani Singh's Gyan Ratnavali.

Basically some Vaishnav Hindu Pandits were in the village. Their whole spirituality revolves around being vegetarian. Aside from that, they can drink, smoke, gamble etc. But they made a big show about how they are so great because they don't touch meat. In fact, they wouldn't even go into a village where meat has been served, because they though it would make them "impure." Clearly this is a superstitious practice, that the Gurus wanted the Sikhs to avoid. We are vegetarians, but that doesn't mean that we move house because meat has been served across the street. That's just stupid. Guru Sahib is telling us that meat in itself is not "impure," it's the killing of meat that is wrong. He didn't want us to turn into what Jains are today.

Secondly, regarding the quote from Ang 1275 - let's actually see the whole context of the Shabad before jumping to conclusions.

"1. Malaar, First Mehl:
You do not understand the nature of death and liberation. You are sitting on the river-bank; realize the Word of the Guru's Shabad. ||1||
You stork! - how were you caught in the net? You do not remember in your heart the Unseen Lord God. ||1||Pause||
For your one life, you consume many lives. You were supposed to swim in the water, but you are drowning in it instead. ||2||
You have tormented all beings. When Death seizes you, then you shall regret and repent. ||3||
When the heavy noose is placed around your neck, you may spread your wings, but you shall not be able to fly. ||4||
You enjoy the tastes and flavors, you foolish self-willed manmukh. You are trapped. You can only be saved by virtuous conduct, spiritual wisdom and contemplation. ||5||
Serving the God, you will shatter the Messenger of Death. In your heart, dwell on the True Word of the Shabad. ||6||
The Guru's Teachings, the True Word of the Shabad, is excellent and sublime. Keep the Name of the Lord enshrined in your heart. ||7||
One who is obsessed with enjoying pleasures here, shall suffer in pain hereafter. O Nanak, there is no liberation without the True Name. ||8||2||5||"

(Guru Granth Sahib, Ang 1275)

Clearly the Guru is speaking against meat eating here.

And thirdly, Ang 955:

"Animals eat other animals; this is what the Lord has given them as food. He created them in the oceans, and He provides for them as well. O Nanak, don't be anxious; the Lord will take care of you. ||1||"
(Guru Granth Sahib, Ang 955)

I have underlined "them" and "you" for a reason. Clearly, we can observe in nature that that animals eat meat. The Guru Granth Sahib describes how life formed, and states that animals eat meat. However, it says "don't be anxious" - meaning that this meat isn't for us and that "The Lord will take care of you" in another way. The distinction between "them" (animals) and "you" (humans) is made so that this is clear.

"They belong to the human species, but they act like animals."
(Guru Granth Sahib, Ang 267)

Also, with regards to the Rehat Maryada, "Kuttha" refers to all kinds of meat, not just Halal.

Taken from www.sikhanswers.com

INTERPRETATION OF THE WORD “KUTTHAA”

In Dictionary of Guru Granth Sahib by Surinder Singh Kohli on page 205 is the following entry:
Kutha: (ਕੁਠਾ) adj (from Punjabi Kohana) Slaughtered.

From Punjabi-English English-Punjabi Dictionary by Krishan Kumar Goswani Page 91
Kohnaa ( ਕੋਹਣਾ ) v To torture, to slay, to kill

1. The word ਕੁਠਾਰੁ “Kuthaar”

a) SGGS page 693:

ਬਜਰ ਕੁਠਾਰੁ ਮੋਹਿ ਹੈ ਛੀਨਾਂ ਕਰਿ ਮਿੰਨਤਿ ਲਗਿ ਪਾਵਉ
bajar kuthaar mohi hai chheenaaN kar minat lag paava-o.
“I fell at the Guru`s feet and begged of Him; with the mighty axe, I have chopped off emotional attachment.”

Here word “Kuthaar” appears to mean “Axe”

b) SGGS page 714

ਕਾਢਿ ਕੁਠਾਰੁ ਪਿਤ ਬਾਤ ਹੰਤਾ ਅਉਖਧੁ ਹਰਿ ਕੋ ਨਾਉ ॥1॥ ਰਹਾਉ
kaadh kuthaar pit baat hantaa a-ukhaDh har ko naa-o. ||1|| rahaa-o.||
“The Name of the Lord is the medicine; it is like an axe, which destroys the diseases caused by anger and egotism. ||1||Pause||”

Again the word “Kuthaar” appears to mean “Axe”

2. The word ਕੁਠਾਰਿ “kuthaar”

SGGS Page 1225 Full Shabad

ਹਰਿ ਕਾਟੀ ਕੁਟਿਲਤਾ ਕੁਠਾਰਿ
har kaatee kutiltaa kuthaar.
The Lord has cut down the crooked tree of my deceit.

3. The Word ਕੁਠੇ “kuthay”

SGGS Page 1019 Full Shabad

ਅਜਰਾਈਲਿ ਫੜੇ ਫੜਿ ਕੁਠੇ
ajraa-eel farhay farh kuthay.
“Azraa-eel, the Angel of Death, seizes and tortures them.”

The word “Kuttha” (ਕੁਠਾ) appears in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji a number of times. Kuttha can have two meanings: either to butcher, kill or destroy or alternatively, it can mean meat (the product of killing, butchering, destroying). The root of “Kuttha” is “Kutthaar” or axe. A word that operates like “Kuttha” is “muthha” which refers to the act of looting and also the product of looting i.e. “the loot”. In this way, Kuttha can mean, “to butcher/ kill/ destroy” and also refers to the product i.e. “butchered meat”. It cannot by any means refer to Halal meat or Muslim meat.

Everyday we kill countless organisms just through breathing or stepping, but that is much different than Kuttha. Kuttha is the meat of an animal that has been ‘butchered’ and then ‘intentionally’ eaten.
Original post by SaintSoldier

I was not justifying the killing of animals in a Gurdwara, I simply provided an aritcle (which of course is extremely bias) so that we could perhaps see why and how some Sikhs misunderstand the teachings of our Gurus. The aritcle is 100% inaccurate however, it cannot be denied that this pratice happens for a reason.
Original post by pinda.college
I was not justifying the killing of animals in a Gurdwara, I simply provided an aritcle (which of course is extremely bias) so that we could perhaps see why and how some Sikhs misunderstand the teachings of our Gurus. The aritcle is 100% inaccurate however, it cannot be denied that this pratice happens for a reason.

Ok fair enough

And just to be clear, I was calling the writer of the article a liar, not you.

Also, at least the points in the article have now been refuted, so that Lakhvir and others can see where the writer is going wrong.
Reply 763
Happy Vaisakhi!

Reply 764
Original post by P.Kaur
Happy Vaisakhi!

Happy Belated Vaisakhi! :biggrin:
I just came back from Amritsar to the UK.
Visited the Golden Temple. Sat down outside for one hour and spoke to God.
I also saw the pictures in the rooms upstairs. Scary stuff ya know! :eek:
Raaj karega Khalsa!! Khalistan Zindabad!!
Reply 766
"aagya bhai Akal ki Tabhi chalayo Panth,
Sab Sikhan ko hukum hai Guru Manyo Granth."- Sarbans dani Guru Gobind Singh JI
Zindabad Khalistan!!!
Reply 768
Original post by Komatic
Happy Belated Vaisakhi! :biggrin:
I just came back from Amritsar to the UK.
Visited the Golden Temple. Sat down outside for one hour and spoke to God.
I also saw the pictures in the rooms upstairs. Scary stuff ya know! :eek:

Lucky you :')
Reply 769
We freed India, the figures prove it;
77% of those sent to the gallows were Sikh as were 81% of those sentenced to life imprisonment.
During the Quit India Movement many indiscriminate arrests were made and Sikhs contributed 70% of the total Punjabis arrested.
More than 60% of the 20,000 who joined the Indian National Army were Sikhs.

Bearing in mind at this point we represented less than 1% of India's population - that speaks volumes.

So we freed India, and now we get told to go to Pakistan? What sort of justice is that? We're getting slapped across the face for supporting India.

Right now, Sikhs are literally keeping India afloat:
33% of income taxation comes from Sikhs.
45% of officers in the Indian Army are Sikhs.
67% of total charitable donations come from Sikhs.

India would be nothing without us.

"When the British conquered and annexed Punjab in 1849 they were aware of the power and glory of the Sikhs. They also knew that Sikh power emerges from the Gurdwaras. Therefore they conceived a sinister plan to scuttle Sikhism by taking control of these institutions of religious power through their agents. In pursuit of their aim they installed Hindu Mahants as managers of important Gurdwaras. For instance, Mahant Narain Das and Mahant Sadhu Ram both anti-Sikh elements, were respectively made in charge of Gurdwara Nankana Sahib and Harimandir Sahib. The fanatic and corrupt Hindu Mahants installed idols in the Gurdwaras and introduced Hindu rites and rituals which were denounced and renounced by the Sikh Gurus. In this way the Mahants brought Sikh religion under the evil influence of Hinduism and muddled it greatly."
(The Gallant Defender, Dr. A.R. Darshi, 25)

Notice how he doesn't provide any references for his "history." He so easily says that meat eating was common in the langar, but doesn't provide any proof.

I'll counter any reference he made to the Guru Granth Sahib here

“First, the mortal is conceived in the flesh, and then he dwells in the flesh."
(Guru Granth Sahib, Ang 1289)

It is important to look at the circumstances in which Shabads were revealed. This one was revealed at Kurukshetra, and is recorded in Bhai Mani Singh's Gyan Ratnavali.

Basically some Vaishnav Hindu Pandits were in the village. Their whole spirituality revolves around being vegetarian. Aside from that, they can drink, smoke, gamble etc. But they made a big show about how they are so great because they don't touch meat. In fact, they wouldn't even go into a village where meat has been served, because they though it would make them "impure." Clearly this is a superstitious practice, that the Gurus wanted the Sikhs to avoid. We are vegetarians, but that doesn't mean that we move house because meat has been served across the street. That's just stupid. Guru Sahib is telling us that meat in itself is not "impure," it's the killing of meat that is wrong. He didn't want us to turn into what Jains are today.

Secondly, regarding the quote from Ang 1275 - let's actually see the whole context of the Shabad before jumping to conclusions.

"1. Malaar, First Mehl:
You do not understand the nature of death and liberation. You are sitting on the river-bank; realize the Word of the Guru's Shabad. ||1||
You stork! - how were you caught in the net? You do not remember in your heart the Unseen Lord God. ||1||Pause||
For your one life, you consume many lives. You were supposed to swim in the water, but you are drowning in it instead. ||2||
You have tormented all beings. When Death seizes you, then you shall regret and repent. ||3||
When the heavy noose is placed around your neck, you may spread your wings, but you shall not be able to fly. ||4||
You enjoy the tastes and flavors, you foolish self-willed manmukh. You are trapped. You can only be saved by virtuous conduct, spiritual wisdom and contemplation. ||5||
Serving the God, you will shatter the Messenger of Death. In your heart, dwell on the True Word of the Shabad. ||6||
The Guru's Teachings, the True Word of the Shabad, is excellent and sublime. Keep the Name of the Lord enshrined in your heart. ||7||
One who is obsessed with enjoying pleasures here, shall suffer in pain hereafter. O Nanak, there is no liberation without the True Name. ||8||2||5||"

(Guru Granth Sahib, Ang 1275)

Clearly the Guru is speaking against meat eating here.

And thirdly, Ang 955:

"Animals eat other animals; this is what the Lord has given them as food. He created them in the oceans, and He provides for them as well. O Nanak, don't be anxious; the Lord will take care of you. ||1||"
(Guru Granth Sahib, Ang 955)

I have underlined "them" and "you" for a reason. Clearly, we can observe in nature that that animals eat meat. The Guru Granth Sahib describes how life formed, and states that animals eat meat. However, it says "don't be anxious" - meaning that this meat isn't for us and that "The Lord will take care of you" in another way. The distinction between "them" (animals) and "you" (humans) is made so that this is clear.

"They belong to the human species, but they act like animals."
(Guru Granth Sahib, Ang 267)

Also, with regards to the Rehat Maryada, "Kuttha" refers to all kinds of meat, not just Halal.

Taken from www.sikhanswers.com

INTERPRETATION OF THE WORD “KUTTHAA”

In Dictionary of Guru Granth Sahib by Surinder Singh Kohli on page 205 is the following entry:
Kutha: (ਕੁਠਾ) adj (from Punjabi Kohana) Slaughtered.

From Punjabi-English English-Punjabi Dictionary by Krishan Kumar Goswani Page 91
Kohnaa ( ਕੋਹਣਾ ) v To torture, to slay, to kill

1. The word ਕੁਠਾਰੁ “Kuthaar”

a) SGGS page 693:

ਬਜਰ ਕੁਠਾਰੁ ਮੋਹਿ ਹੈ ਛੀਨਾਂ ਕਰਿ ਮਿੰਨਤਿ ਲਗਿ ਪਾਵਉ
bajar kuthaar mohi hai chheenaaN kar minat lag paava-o.
“I fell at the Guru`s feet and begged of Him; with the mighty axe, I have chopped off emotional attachment.”

Here word “Kuthaar” appears to mean “Axe”

b) SGGS page 714

ਕਾਢਿ ਕੁਠਾਰੁ ਪਿਤ ਬਾਤ ਹੰਤਾ ਅਉਖਧੁ ਹਰਿ ਕੋ ਨਾਉ ॥1॥ ਰਹਾਉ
kaadh kuthaar pit baat hantaa a-ukhaDh har ko naa-o. ||1|| rahaa-o.||
“The Name of the Lord is the medicine; it is like an axe, which destroys the diseases caused by anger and egotism. ||1||Pause||”

Again the word “Kuthaar” appears to mean “Axe”

2. The word ਕੁਠਾਰਿ “kuthaar”

SGGS Page 1225 Full Shabad

ਹਰਿ ਕਾਟੀ ਕੁਟਿਲਤਾ ਕੁਠਾਰਿ
har kaatee kutiltaa kuthaar.
The Lord has cut down the crooked tree of my deceit.

3. The Word ਕੁਠੇ “kuthay”

SGGS Page 1019 Full Shabad

ਅਜਰਾਈਲਿ ਫੜੇ ਫੜਿ ਕੁਠੇ
ajraa-eel farhay farh kuthay.
“Azraa-eel, the Angel of Death, seizes and tortures them.”

The word “Kuttha” (ਕੁਠਾ) appears in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji a number of times. Kuttha can have two meanings: either to butcher, kill or destroy or alternatively, it can mean meat (the product of killing, butchering, destroying). The root of “Kuttha” is “Kutthaar” or axe. A word that operates like “Kuttha” is “muthha” which refers to the act of looting and also the product of looting i.e. “the loot”. In this way, Kuttha can mean, “to butcher/ kill/ destroy” and also refers to the product i.e. “butchered meat”. It cannot by any means refer to Halal meat or Muslim meat.

Everyday we kill countless organisms just through breathing or stepping, but that is much different than Kuttha. Kuttha is the meat of an animal that has been ‘butchered’ and then ‘intentionally’ eaten.

punjab will remain as punjab okay, and id love to know where the hell you are getting these figures from, when u make a charitable donation-well whenever i have made a charitable donation i have never had to state my ethinicity? so what the puck are you onabout, sikhs are living in punjab happily, what difference does it make if u turn it to khalistan, so your saying if tommorow more sikhs start defending the U.k in the army they deserve to have their own country? there is no logic to any of your points, you guys should be spreading sikhi on here not just ranting about a piece of land, you are not going have your material body for long, that land belongs to no1 but god okay he created it-hun booleee bruah
Reply 770
Original post by bbkk15
punjab will remain as punjab okay, and id love to know where the hell you are getting these figures from, when u make a charitable donation-well whenever i have made a charitable donation i have never had to state my ethinicity? so what the puck are you onabout, sikhs are living in punjab happily, what difference does it make if u turn it to khalistan, so your saying if tommorow more sikhs start defending the U.k in the army they deserve to have their own country? there is no logic to any of your points, you guys should be spreading sikhi on here not just ranting about a piece of land, you are not going have your material body for long, that land belongs to no1 but god okay he created it-hun booleee bruah

I know your just going to say sikhs are treated badly by the govt, but who is treated fairly on this earth no1, hindus recieve the same treatment that the messed up indian govt has. You should be focusing your energy on becoming closer to god, and being released from your material suffereing
Reply 771
Original post by bbkk15
I know your just going to say sikhs are treated badly by the govt, but who is treated fairly on this earth no1, hindus recieve the same treatment that the messed up indian govt has. You should be focusing your energy on becoming closer to god, and being released from your material suffereing

http://www.sikh24.com/2012/04/human-rights-abuses-of-sumedh-saini-a-personal-account/

"The next day we got a phone call from our Babaji that my father had been picked up by some policemen along with another naujwaan Singh. No one knew where they were taken. The next 7 days were like never ending days in our life when we had no clue where my father was. Then on the 8th day we finally got news that he was released. He traveled back from Chandigarh to home and reached us in the evening. As soon as he entered the house he could barely walk. His body was bruised. Earlier his beard was very long and it used to go beyond his navel point, but when he came back that day it was only a few inches. It wasn’t cut but it looked like that hair had been pulled and broken. More than 85% of the beard hair had been removed.

“We were picked up by some plain clothes policemen from the Punjab police and thrown in a Maruti Gypsy with black cloth tied to our eyes. Throughout the way they kept abusing us and kicking and hitting us. We don’t know how long it took to reach the interrogation center. When we reached there, there were no signs of a police station of anything like that. It was in a remote place built like an industrial shed. As soon as we saw it we realised it was one of the CIA interrogation centres run by KPS Gill’s force. We were taken in handcuffed.

“When we reached there, we were made to sit on the floor which was ice cold. Then the DSP Sita Ram came. As soon as he came he started slapping us and abusing us. He asked his constables to take off our kakaars and clothes. I kept fighting them as long as I could to stop them from taking off my kakaars. There were around 15 of them, kicking me with boots, slapping me…

“They…ripped off all our clothes…kicking us and beating us with canes–and it went on until we were unconscious”
“Then one of them slapped so hard that blood started coming out of my ear and I could not hear anything from that side. Eventually they managed to overpower us and ripped off all our clothes and took off our kakaars as well. Even the kachera was not left on the body. For the next 7 days we were like this without clothes. This was done to every Singh they brought in to this place. Before starting on further tortures, this was their first step to humiliate and break the person by defying all modesty. Once they had taken off everything, they started kicking us and beating us with canes–and it went on until we were unconscious.

“I don’t remember how long I was unconscious for, but it might have been a few hours, as by the time I came back to my senses the sun was rising and it was the next morning. As soon as they found out that I was opening my eyes, two of them pulled me by hair and dragged me out to another room. This is where they had at least 7-8 other Singhs tied up with chains and roped to different corners. Some of them were being given electric shocks, others were being put on the pataa (an electric motorised machine which has leather flaps tied to it and it revolves and hits you very hard ripping apart the skin).

“I was thrown on the floor and two of them held my hands and two legs. Then they brought a wooden plank and put it on my thighs. Two very heavy policemen stood on both sides and started moving it like a see-saw. During the whole time, they kept abusing me in filthy language, saying abusive words about Guru Sahib, about amritdharis. For these two days, I was not even once asked or told why I was in this place. After having endured all this pain, the next part was electric shocks. They started with my ears and then went on to give shocks on other parts of the body until I passed out. Every time they moved me from one location to another, they dragged me by either my hair or beard. We didn’t have any food or water for all these days.

“the next part was electric shocks. They started with my ears and then went on to give shocks on other parts of the body until I passed out”
“Then on the fourth day I was told ‘Chal teri peshi hai saahab de kol’ (Come it’s time for your appearance in front of the Sahib). I was passed through a number of courtyards and taken to an open area which was paved with rough stone slabs. The scene there was unbearable to watch. They had drums full of human excretion filled with urine and feces. Singhs were thrown on the floor and a choora (low caste person) threw the drum full of filth on the Singh.

“Then two of them will hold the legs or arms and drag from one side to the other on that rough concrete floor. Amazingly, while this was done, Singhs were still shouting jaikaare and doing naam abhyaas loudly. Others who had not done abhyaas before in their life were unable to bear the pain and were screaming in pain. When all of this was done I was thrown in one corner. Then someone came later and put 2-3 buckets of ice cold water on me to remove the dirt. The water was so cold it added more pain on the fresh wounds. But by that time, my body was getting used to this daily torture and I wasn’t feeling anything.

Then I was taken to the room where the darbar of Sumedh Saini was in progress. My turn came and Saini asked me, “Fer akal aayi ke nahin tenu” (So have you learned your lesson or not?).

I asked him what lesson.

He said, “Tu vadda khalistani banya firda hain.” (You walk around thinking you are some big Khalistani)

“When did I say anything about Khalistan?” I asked.

He shouted back with abuses and said “Tu jehde apne kanjraan nu milan gaya si jail vich.” (You, who went and visited your [expletive] friends in jail)

“Then I realised why I was there. A few weeks back, Jatha Singhs had organised a visit to the jails to supply the Singhs arrested with warm clothes and blankets. I was among the Singhs who was given this seva. We were denied meeting with any prisoners, but as I had to sign the register before entering the prison with Name and Address, they must have used it to track who is trying to look after the Singhs in prisons.

“I told him I just went there as a humble Sikh of Guru Sahib. As soon as I said Guru Sahib, he started shouting abuses and using filthy language about Dashmesh pita.

Then he told me in the end “Jaake keh daeen apne yaraan nu ki din thode hi han, kale kale nu ethe leaake maaroonga, paani mangan joge vi nahin rehne.” (Go and tell your friends that I will bring them all here one by one and torture and kill them in such a bad way they won’t even be able to ask for water).

“He ordered his men to take me away and do sewa (a euphemism for torture) for a few more days before disposing of me. The next two days were a repeat of what had happened in the last 5. On the 7th day, I was told that Saini is willing to release me if I can give him the names of kharku Singhs (freedom fighters).

“I refused, saying that I don’t know any kharkus and I am a central government employee, he will have to release me one day. I don’t know what happened next, as he went away. I was taken into a dark room and they tied black cloth on my eyes and covered my face with a rucksack. I was driven out of the place and thrown in a field.

The only words I heard after that were “Oye order taan tenu maaran da hoya hai par teri chitti daarhi dekh ke pata nahin kyon taras aa gaya menu, jaa bhajj jaa” (Hey, the order is to kill you, but looking at your white beard I don’t know why I feel mercy for you. Go, get out of here.)

“I was left in the field in the dark with my hands tied to my back. I somehow managed to drag myself to an irrigation canal and stayed there all night without any clothes. The next morning I was picked up by the farm owner who helped me get out of there.”"
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by bbkk15

1. You are a hindu yes? Can you please state that you are against shiv sena, rss and other hindu ideology based racist organization. Such is the tone of your posts and your laid back attitude on Sikhs issues that I have to ask this question? Are you a shiv senik or not?

2. Does your brain capacity deprieve you of forming a logical, informative and evidence based argument against Sikh independence? I guess that answer is yes.

3. Please do not come on to this thread and tell Sikhs about how to get closer to the almighty or how to carry out religious duties. If you had even bothered to thread most of this thread, education about sikhi is being done.

4. Can you please prove how hindus receive the same treatment as sikhs? I would firstly like to know, if anyone has bombed sacred hindu temples. I would then like to know of the genocides that hindus have suffered since 1947.

5. I think you should focus your energy on reading the argument that anti-india, sikh people have. I think the theory of "if it's broke, fix it" is the right way forward. Whether independence for sikhs or greater autonomy for Panjab in India. Only a stupid, indian govt propaganda fed person would think that nothing needs to change in India for minority communities.

6. Your comment about material suffering. Such a dirty, unjust and offensive comment that you are clearly not a sane person. Such a comment leads me to believe that you are in favour of a person losing their human rights'.

A MESSAGE TO ALL SIKHS ON THIS THREAD. Why do you think Beant Butcher, KP Gill, S Saini, SSP Sharma, Darbara Khan, Indira Gandhi, Vaidya, Brar et al. are in some way or shape portrayed as saviours of Panjab or people that helped bring peace for all people living in Panjab. Why do these people have a lot of support. Why?

This support comes mainly from Hindus such as bbkk15. People such as bbkk15 are those who support the cops, and hence, support such tactics on "their fellow sikh brothers":

- Open rape of Sikh girls of any age in front of their family
- Killing of innocent sikhs in fake encounters
- Mass graves in which thousands of bodies are fryed in order to cover up the crimes
- Ethnic cleansing of Sikhs in Panjab, wiping out of a generation of Sikhs
- The attack on Sikh Gurdwaras, Sikh history, Sikh values
- Methods such as electruction of a amritdhari Singh's penis (to such a degree that the Singh becomes infertile), harming the private parts of Sikh women, open paralyzation of Sikhs in prison, to torture innocent people into giving information they never possess.

If, after such crimes against humanity, that a Sikh demand for independence is seen as idiotic or crazy, it can be either two things.

a) Some people of India are happy for Sikhs to suffer as long as the majority enjoys its roti

b) There is no acceptance of justice in India for Sikhs
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by bbkk15
punjab will remain as punjab okay, and id love to know where the hell you are getting these figures from, when u make a charitable donation-well whenever i have made a charitable donation i have never had to state my ethinicity?

Look them up if you wish, they are freely available.

Sikh is a religion, not an ethnicity.

You have to state your religion, caste, etc. for quite a lot of things in India actually, much more so than you do in the UK.

so what the puck are you onabout, sikhs are living in punjab happily,

I think it's evident that they aren't.

what difference does it make if u turn it to khalistan

Quite a lot actually.

so your saying if tommorow more sikhs start defending the U.k in the army they deserve to have their own country?

No, that wasn't my point at all.

FYI there have been many Sikhs in the British Army, and there are still many to this day; so I don't know what you mean by "start."

you guys should be spreading sikhi on here not just ranting about a piece of land,

Khalistan would help us spread Sikhi.

As Guru Gobind Singh himself said, "Raj Bina Nahin Dharam Chale Hain, Dharam Bina Sab Dalle Malle Hain (Without statehood religion cannot be spread, and without religion all are left wasted in chaos)"

Christianity never spread far until it was adopted by the Roman Empire. That was the catalyst to Christianity becoming the dominant religion of the world.

All of the Islamic telepreachers that we see are funded by the Saudi royal family to spread Islam. Zakir Naik in particular receieves a very large pay cheque from them, in return for spreading Islam in the idolatrous country that is India.

Khalistan would be the bedrock of all Sikh parchaar (preaching).

you are not going have your material body for long, that land belongs to no1 but god okay he created it-hun booleee bruah

It clearly does belong to someone, as there is still an Indian flag on it.

Original post by bbkk15
I know your just going to say sikhs are treated badly by the govt, but who is treated fairly on this earth no1, hindus recieve the same treatment that the messed up indian govt has.

No they don't.

You should be focusing your energy on becoming closer to god, and being released from your material suffereing

A Sikh is required to live in the world, whilst remaining detached from it. That means getting involved in world politics also.

I seek forgiveness from Waheguru for using this crude example, but I'm sure if you were being repeatedly raped in your own house by Indian police officers it'd be pretty hard to be "released from material suffering."
Reply 774
I am sikh too :smile:
Wow I haven't been on here for a while....(trying to focus on revision)
(i see not many others have either...)
Just wanted to ask....how many people are going to the protest on sunday at hyde park?
Hey i'm a sikh but im seeking clarification. Are sikhs allowed to eat meat?
Original post by KaurPrincess
Wow I haven't been on here for a while....(trying to focus on revision)
(i see not many others have either...)

I had exams up 'til the 25th, then I went to South Africa to visit family. There is actually a massive Sangat in South Africa, which is all good :smile:

Just wanted to ask....how many people are going to the protest on sunday at hyde park?

Nah I never go to the protests, don't really see the point. The need to re-invent themselves and come up with new tactics, because the protest evidently doesn't get anywhere.

Original post by chelseafan
Hey i'm a sikh but im seeking clarification. Are sikhs allowed to eat meat?

Nope. If you're thinking that this will cause you to become thin/weak, then you'd be wrong.

This guy has been a vegetarian for his whole bodybuilding career, and he's much bigger than most people. All meat does is make you fat - something you don't want!

People who say you need meat to gain muscle are just stupid. Refer people to this video if they ask you about it.

Note, we are vegetarians and not vegans.

Have a read of this: http://www.celestialhealing.net/physicalveg3.htm

The American Dietetic Association notes that "most of mankind for most of human history has lived on vegetarian or near-vegetarian diets."

And much of the world still lives that way. Even on most industrialized countries, the love affair with meat is less than a hundred years old. It started with the refrigerator car and the twentieth-century consumer society. But even with the twentieth century, man's body hasn't adapted to eating meat. The prominent Swedish scientist Karl von Linne states, "Man's structure, external and internal, compared with that of the other animals, shows that fruit and succulent vegetables constitute his natural food." The chart below compares the anatomy of man with that of carnivorous and herbivorous animals.

When you look at the comparison between herbivores and humans, we compare much more closely to herbivores than meat eating animals. Humans are clearly not designed to digest and ingest meat.

Meat-eaters: have claws

Herbivores: no claws

Humans: no claws

Meat-eaters: have no skin pores and perspire through the tongue

Herbivores: perspire through skin pores

Humans: perspire through skin pores

Meat-eaters: have sharp front teeth for tearing, with no flat molar teeth for grinding

Herbivores: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding

Humans: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding

Meat-eaters: have intestinal tract that is only 3 times their body length so that rapidly decaying meat can pass through quickly

Herbivores: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.

Humans: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.

Meat-eaters: have strong hydrochloric acid in stomach to digest meat

Herbivores: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater

Humans: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater

Meat-eaters: salivary glands in mouth not needed to pre-digest grains and fruits.

Herbivores: well-developed salivary glands which are necessary to pre-digest grains and fruits

Humans: well-developed salivary glands, which are necessary to pre-digest, grains and fruits

Meat-eaters: have acid saliva with no enzyme ptyalin to pre-digest grains

Herbivores: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains

Humans: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains

Based on a chart by A.D. Andrews, Fit Food for Men, (Chicago: American Hygiene Society, 1970)

Clearly if humans were meant to eat meat we wouldn't have so many crucial ingestive/digestive similarities with animals that are herbivores.

Many people ask me, "If we weren't supposed to eat meat than why do we?". It is because we are conditioned to eat meat. Also, the ADA (American Dietetic Association) tells us that "most of mankind for most of human history has lived on a vegetarian or Lacto-ovo vegetarian diet."

A popular statement that meat eaters say is; "In the wild, animals kill other animals for food. It's a part of nature." First of all, we are not in the wild. Secondly, we can easily live without eating meat and killing. We all would be healthier this way. Finally, as I have already shown, we weren't meant to eat meat. Meat putrefies within 4 hours after consumption and the remnants cling to the walls of the intestines for 14-21 days. If a person is suffering from constipation the rotting meat can stay in the intestines for months or years. Furthermore, the saliva in humans is more alkaline, whereas in the case of flesh-eating or preying animals, it is clearly acidic. The alkaline saliva does not act properly on meat.

The final point I would like to make on how we as humans were not meant to eat meat is this; all omnivorous and carnivorous animals eat their meat raw. When a lion kills an herbivore for food, it tears right into the stomach area to eat the organs that are filled with blood (nutrients). While eating the stomach, liver, intestine, etc., the lion laps the blood in the process of eating the dead animal's flesh. Even bears that are omnivores eat salmon raw. However, eating raw bloody meat disgust us as humans. This is why we must cook it and season it to buffer the taste of the flesh.

If a deer is burned in a forest fire a carnivorous animal will NOT eat its flesh. Even circus lions have to be feed raw meat so that they will not starve to death. If humans were truly meant to eat meat then we would eat all of our meat raw and bloody. The thought of eating such meat makes one’s stomach turn. This is my point on how we as humans are conditioned to believe that animal flesh is good for us and that we were meant to consume it for survival and health purposes. If we are true carnivores or omnivores we would eat animal flesh raw and bloody. Cooking our meat and seasoning it with salt, ketchup, mayo, mustard or tabasco sauce disguise the awful taste of flesh. This is the only way we as humans would eat meat because we refuse to eat it raw and bloody like real carnivores.

Overall advantages of vegetarianism
You can reap a lot of benefits by being a vegetarian and people have become more aware of the health benefits of being a vegetarian. Animal rights issues is only one of the reasons why people decide to go on a vegetarian diet. People are beginning to care more about the environment. However, the main reason why most people go on vegetarian diet is due to the health benefits.

Meat is not good for you as it clogs your thinking. This is especially true if you eat red meat; white meat has less fat compared to red meat. Excessive intake of fats into your body can result in having a high level of cholesterol. If you think that not eating meat is going to make you look scrawny or unhealthy please think again. Just imagine that cows, goats, gorillas, elephants, rhinoceroses and so on are all vegetarians (herbivores) but look at how tough these animals are. They also have a longer life span compared to the carnivores (meat eating animals).

If you look at the chicken and vulture (carnivores), these animals eat just about everything and notice how unhealthy these animals look. The Chinese believe that the chi or life force in your body is less when you consume meat and so do the Indians with their ancient yogic principles [their life force was called prana].

The great Tai Chi masters of China were adept at preserving their chi. Even though some of the masters were not vegetarians they still had a balanced diet. It has now been scientifically proven that a balanced vegetarian diet is better compared to a diet that is taken with meat.

There are a lot of misconceptions about being a vegetarian; protein is one of the main topics of debate as a lot of people think that you can only get protein from meat. Vegetarians get a lot of protein when they eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, grains and legumes. What vegetarians don't get is the excess protein of the traditional American diet. This type of diet leads to liver toxicity, kidney overload and mineral deficiency diseases.

A lot of people also think that a vegetarian diet is not a balanced diet. Vegetarian diets have a proportion of three macro nutrients which are complex carbohydrates, protein and fat. Vegetarian food sources (plants) tend to be higher sources of most micro nutrients. Another myth that needs to be clarified is the so-called lack of calcium among vegetarians. Many vegetables especially green leafy ones have a good supply of calcium. The truth is that vegetarians suffer less from osteoporosis (a deficiency of calcium that leads to weak bones).

It is not my intention to force people to become vegetarians. However, vegetarianism is my answer to complete health and wellness. The three issues to consider in regard to vegetarianism are: spiritual, mental and physical (nutritional).

The spiritually aspiring person attempts to work on his/her self. The purpose of spiritual growth is to move away from the animal nature into the more human nature that God intended for us to have. Meat eating inhibits this. The same science that attempts to ignore the existence of a force higher than man also proved that aggression levels are much higher in meat eaters than non-meat eaters! The animal instincts become more powerful every time you eat meat. Another spiritual aspect of being a meat eater is when one must question the necessity and method of killing animals. However, everyone has their own morals to which they must determine for themselves. It is not the purpose of my dissertation to force a specific moral behavior on anyone. Most spiritual people believe in auras. Kirilian photography shows us that a force field still remains around dead or amputated flesh. You adopt that animal aura when you eat it's dead flesh. Fruits and vegetables have a higher vibration al aura than animal products.

“You are what you eat”, is a slogan that I love to use to show the mental aspect of vegetarianism. When animals are slaughtered, fear and aggression enzymes are shot into their muscle tissue. They remain in the meat until the consumer ingests the flesh and adapts the same emotions. Fruits and vegetables do not have emotions; therefore, when they are picked they do not release any emotional cells prior to digestion. The enzymes within fruits and vegetables supply the body with sufficient nutrients that will always uphold a healthy state of mind.

Fruits and vegetables are high in nutrients; the very thing the body needs to live a long disease and pain free life. The same cannot be said for meat. Nutritionally, the alkaline-based digestive system of humans will not properly break down substantial acid substances of meat.

Colon cancer is rampant! This is caused by the slow evacuation and putrefaction of meat in the colon. Lifelong vegetarians never suffer from such an illness. Many meat eaters believe that meat is the sole source of protein. However, the quality of this protein is so poor that little of it can ever be utilized by humans. This is due to its incomplete combination of amino acids [the building blocks of protein]. Studies show that the average American gets five times the amount of protein needed. It is a common medical fact that excess protein is dangerous. The prime danger of excess meat consumption is uric acid (the waste product produced in the process of digesting protein). Uric acid attacks the kidneys and breaks down the kidney cells called nephrons. This condition is called nephritis; the prime cause of it is overburdening the kidneys. More usable protein is found in one tablespoon of tofu or soybeans than the average serving of meat!

Have you ever seen what happens to a piece of meat that stays in the sun for three days? Meat can stay in the warmth of the intestine for at least four to five days until it is digested. It does nothing but wait for passage. Often, it usually stays there for much longer. Medical doctors have found traces of undigested meat remaining in the colon for up to several months. Colonic therapists always see meat passing through people who have been vegetarians for several years, thus indicating that meat remains undigested there for a long time. Occasionally this has been documented in twenty-year vegetarians!

Some vegetarians claim they are more satisfied after they eat. The reason for this is that there are fewer ketones (protein-digestive substances) formed when vegetable protein is digested. For many, ketones cause a trace amount of nausea which one normally interprets as a decreased desire for food due to this uncomfortable and slight degree of queasiness. Although the body calls for more food, the taste buds tolerate less. This is the danger of the popular high-protein diet substances on the market. This abnormally high level of ketones is called ketosis and refers to the state of starvation that the body incurs due to the inability of the appetite to call for nutrition. Most Americans who eat the wrong type of carbohydrates never recognize the high amount of complex carbohydrates required to overthrow this condition. Keep in mind that when the blood ketone level are too high it results in abnormally acidic blood called acidosis.

Tigers or lions who eat meat have an acid-based digestive systems. Our Hydrochloric Acid isn’t strong enough to fully digest meat. Also, their intestines measures about five feet long, not twisted and turned, layer over layer, compacted into a small area like the human intestine [which is twenty feet long].

Meats are frozen for a long period of times. Some meats (especially poultry) are frozen up to two years. Cold temperatures do not kill all species of bacteria. Worse than this, as it is shipped and stored, most frozen meat is thawed and refrozen many times. This is almost unavoidable.

Meat eaters suffer more frequently from various types of food poisoning than vegetarian. Statistics show that every American has had food poisoning at least once. When you've felt ill, had diarrhea or were just a little sick to your stomach, no doubt you had not the slightest idea that you had been poisoned by scavengers living off the dead carcass you just ate.

Meat is costly and it is the most wasteful source of resources. When one removes meat from his or her diet a whole new world of eating opens up. Cooking and preparing vegetarian style is no more time consuming than cooking meat. It costs less than half as much to eat vegetarian as it does to eat meat. There are excellent, nutritious, and easy to prepare vegetarian dishes that are Italian, Chinese, Indian, Mid-Eastern, French, Spanish, etc.

Additionally, one can enjoy many other foods that he or she has never tasted because of the meat craze. Most consumers have eaten no more than five or six varieties of beans and legumes. This is less than 10% of what is available.

In my opinion, there are far more benefits to becoming a vegetarian then there are staying a meat eater. Due to the fact that I was raised on meat, I have experienced both worlds. As a meat eater I was constantly sick, tired, and overweight. As a vegetarian, I am healthy, full of energy and maintaining a perfect weight. I love being a vegetarian and it shows. Because I wish the best for myself, it’s just second nature to want the best for others. From my past experience and research, going vegetarian is the best thing anyone can do for their mind, body and spirit.
Thanks for the detailed response. Im vegetarian by the way but some people say sikhs can eat meat but not halal meat.
Reply 779
I had exams up 'til the 25th, then I went to South Africa to visit family. There is actually a massive Sangat in South Africa, which is all good :smile:

Nah I never go to the protests, don't really see the point. The need to re-invent themselves and come up with new tactics, because the protest evidently doesn't get anywhere.

Nope. If you're thinking that this will cause you to become thin/weak, then you'd be wrong.

This guy has been a vegetarian for his whole bodybuilding career, and he's much bigger than most people. All meat does is make you fat - something you don't want!

People who say you need meat to gain muscle are just stupid. Refer people to this video if they ask you about it.

Note, we are vegetarians and not vegans.

Have a read of this: http://www.celestialhealing.net/physicalveg3.htm

The American Dietetic Association notes that "most of mankind for most of human history has lived on vegetarian or near-vegetarian diets."

And much of the world still lives that way. Even on most industrialized countries, the love affair with meat is less than a hundred years old. It started with the refrigerator car and the twentieth-century consumer society. But even with the twentieth century, man's body hasn't adapted to eating meat. The prominent Swedish scientist Karl von Linne states, "Man's structure, external and internal, compared with that of the other animals, shows that fruit and succulent vegetables constitute his natural food." The chart below compares the anatomy of man with that of carnivorous and herbivorous animals.

When you look at the comparison between herbivores and humans, we compare much more closely to herbivores than meat eating animals. Humans are clearly not designed to digest and ingest meat.

Meat-eaters: have claws

Herbivores: no claws

Humans: no claws

Meat-eaters: have no skin pores and perspire through the tongue

Herbivores: perspire through skin pores

Humans: perspire through skin pores

Meat-eaters: have sharp front teeth for tearing, with no flat molar teeth for grinding

Herbivores: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding

Humans: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding

Meat-eaters: have intestinal tract that is only 3 times their body length so that rapidly decaying meat can pass through quickly

Herbivores: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.

Humans: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.

Meat-eaters: have strong hydrochloric acid in stomach to digest meat

Herbivores: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater

Humans: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater

Meat-eaters: salivary glands in mouth not needed to pre-digest grains and fruits.

Herbivores: well-developed salivary glands which are necessary to pre-digest grains and fruits

Humans: well-developed salivary glands, which are necessary to pre-digest, grains and fruits

Meat-eaters: have acid saliva with no enzyme ptyalin to pre-digest grains

Herbivores: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains

Humans: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains

Based on a chart by A.D. Andrews, Fit Food for Men, (Chicago: American Hygiene Society, 1970)

Clearly if humans were meant to eat meat we wouldn't have so many crucial ingestive/digestive similarities with animals that are herbivores.

Many people ask me, "If we weren't supposed to eat meat than why do we?". It is because we are conditioned to eat meat. Also, the ADA (American Dietetic Association) tells us that "most of mankind for most of human history has lived on a vegetarian or Lacto-ovo vegetarian diet."

A popular statement that meat eaters say is; "In the wild, animals kill other animals for food. It's a part of nature." First of all, we are not in the wild. Secondly, we can easily live without eating meat and killing. We all would be healthier this way. Finally, as I have already shown, we weren't meant to eat meat. Meat putrefies within 4 hours after consumption and the remnants cling to the walls of the intestines for 14-21 days. If a person is suffering from constipation the rotting meat can stay in the intestines for months or years. Furthermore, the saliva in humans is more alkaline, whereas in the case of flesh-eating or preying animals, it is clearly acidic. The alkaline saliva does not act properly on meat.

The final point I would like to make on how we as humans were not meant to eat meat is this; all omnivorous and carnivorous animals eat their meat raw. When a lion kills an herbivore for food, it tears right into the stomach area to eat the organs that are filled with blood (nutrients). While eating the stomach, liver, intestine, etc., the lion laps the blood in the process of eating the dead animal's flesh. Even bears that are omnivores eat salmon raw. However, eating raw bloody meat disgust us as humans. This is why we must cook it and season it to buffer the taste of the flesh.

If a deer is burned in a forest fire a carnivorous animal will NOT eat its flesh. Even circus lions have to be feed raw meat so that they will not starve to death. If humans were truly meant to eat meat then we would eat all of our meat raw and bloody. The thought of eating such meat makes one’s stomach turn. This is my point on how we as humans are conditioned to believe that animal flesh is good for us and that we were meant to consume it for survival and health purposes. If we are true carnivores or omnivores we would eat animal flesh raw and bloody. Cooking our meat and seasoning it with salt, ketchup, mayo, mustard or tabasco sauce disguise the awful taste of flesh. This is the only way we as humans would eat meat because we refuse to eat it raw and bloody like real carnivores.

Overall advantages of vegetarianism
You can reap a lot of benefits by being a vegetarian and people have become more aware of the health benefits of being a vegetarian. Animal rights issues is only one of the reasons why people decide to go on a vegetarian diet. People are beginning to care more about the environment. However, the main reason why most people go on vegetarian diet is due to the health benefits.

Meat is not good for you as it clogs your thinking. This is especially true if you eat red meat; white meat has less fat compared to red meat. Excessive intake of fats into your body can result in having a high level of cholesterol. If you think that not eating meat is going to make you look scrawny or unhealthy please think again. Just imagine that cows, goats, gorillas, elephants, rhinoceroses and so on are all vegetarians (herbivores) but look at how tough these animals are. They also have a longer life span compared to the carnivores (meat eating animals).

If you look at the chicken and vulture (carnivores), these animals eat just about everything and notice how unhealthy these animals look. The Chinese believe that the chi or life force in your body is less when you consume meat and so do the Indians with their ancient yogic principles [their life force was called prana].

The great Tai Chi masters of China were adept at preserving their chi. Even though some of the masters were not vegetarians they still had a balanced diet. It has now been scientifically proven that a balanced vegetarian diet is better compared to a diet that is taken with meat.

There are a lot of misconceptions about being a vegetarian; protein is one of the main topics of debate as a lot of people think that you can only get protein from meat. Vegetarians get a lot of protein when they eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, grains and legumes. What vegetarians don't get is the excess protein of the traditional American diet. This type of diet leads to liver toxicity, kidney overload and mineral deficiency diseases.

A lot of people also think that a vegetarian diet is not a balanced diet. Vegetarian diets have a proportion of three macro nutrients which are complex carbohydrates, protein and fat. Vegetarian food sources (plants) tend to be higher sources of most micro nutrients. Another myth that needs to be clarified is the so-called lack of calcium among vegetarians. Many vegetables especially green leafy ones have a good supply of calcium. The truth is that vegetarians suffer less from osteoporosis (a deficiency of calcium that leads to weak bones).

It is not my intention to force people to become vegetarians. However, vegetarianism is my answer to complete health and wellness. The three issues to consider in regard to vegetarianism are: spiritual, mental and physical (nutritional).

The spiritually aspiring person attempts to work on his/her self. The purpose of spiritual growth is to move away from the animal nature into the more human nature that God intended for us to have. Meat eating inhibits this. The same science that attempts to ignore the existence of a force higher than man also proved that aggression levels are much higher in meat eaters than non-meat eaters! The animal instincts become more powerful every time you eat meat. Another spiritual aspect of being a meat eater is when one must question the necessity and method of killing animals. However, everyone has their own morals to which they must determine for themselves. It is not the purpose of my dissertation to force a specific moral behavior on anyone. Most spiritual people believe in auras. Kirilian photography shows us that a force field still remains around dead or amputated flesh. You adopt that animal aura when you eat it's dead flesh. Fruits and vegetables have a higher vibration al aura than animal products.

“You are what you eat”, is a slogan that I love to use to show the mental aspect of vegetarianism. When animals are slaughtered, fear and aggression enzymes are shot into their muscle tissue. They remain in the meat until the consumer ingests the flesh and adapts the same emotions. Fruits and vegetables do not have emotions; therefore, when they are picked they do not release any emotional cells prior to digestion. The enzymes within fruits and vegetables supply the body with sufficient nutrients that will always uphold a healthy state of mind.

Fruits and vegetables are high in nutrients; the very thing the body needs to live a long disease and pain free life. The same cannot be said for meat. Nutritionally, the alkaline-based digestive system of humans will not properly break down substantial acid substances of meat.

Colon cancer is rampant! This is caused by the slow evacuation and putrefaction of meat in the colon. Lifelong vegetarians never suffer from such an illness. Many meat eaters believe that meat is the sole source of protein. However, the quality of this protein is so poor that little of it can ever be utilized by humans. This is due to its incomplete combination of amino acids [the building blocks of protein]. Studies show that the average American gets five times the amount of protein needed. It is a common medical fact that excess protein is dangerous. The prime danger of excess meat consumption is uric acid (the waste product produced in the process of digesting protein). Uric acid attacks the kidneys and breaks down the kidney cells called nephrons. This condition is called nephritis; the prime cause of it is overburdening the kidneys. More usable protein is found in one tablespoon of tofu or soybeans than the average serving of meat!

Have you ever seen what happens to a piece of meat that stays in the sun for three days? Meat can stay in the warmth of the intestine for at least four to five days until it is digested. It does nothing but wait for passage. Often, it usually stays there for much longer. Medical doctors have found traces of undigested meat remaining in the colon for up to several months. Colonic therapists always see meat passing through people who have been vegetarians for several years, thus indicating that meat remains undigested there for a long time. Occasionally this has been documented in twenty-year vegetarians!

Some vegetarians claim they are more satisfied after they eat. The reason for this is that there are fewer ketones (protein-digestive substances) formed when vegetable protein is digested. For many, ketones cause a trace amount of nausea which one normally interprets as a decreased desire for food due to this uncomfortable and slight degree of queasiness. Although the body calls for more food, the taste buds tolerate less. This is the danger of the popular high-protein diet substances on the market. This abnormally high level of ketones is called ketosis and refers to the state of starvation that the body incurs due to the inability of the appetite to call for nutrition. Most Americans who eat the wrong type of carbohydrates never recognize the high amount of complex carbohydrates required to overthrow this condition. Keep in mind that when the blood ketone level are too high it results in abnormally acidic blood called acidosis.

Tigers or lions who eat meat have an acid-based digestive systems. Our Hydrochloric Acid isn’t strong enough to fully digest meat. Also, their intestines measures about five feet long, not twisted and turned, layer over layer, compacted into a small area like the human intestine [which is twenty feet long].

Meats are frozen for a long period of times. Some meats (especially poultry) are frozen up to two years. Cold temperatures do not kill all species of bacteria. Worse than this, as it is shipped and stored, most frozen meat is thawed and refrozen many times. This is almost unavoidable.

Meat eaters suffer more frequently from various types of food poisoning than vegetarian. Statistics show that every American has had food poisoning at least once. When you've felt ill, had diarrhea or were just a little sick to your stomach, no doubt you had not the slightest idea that you had been poisoned by scavengers living off the dead carcass you just ate.

Meat is costly and it is the most wasteful source of resources. When one removes meat from his or her diet a whole new world of eating opens up. Cooking and preparing vegetarian style is no more time consuming than cooking meat. It costs less than half as much to eat vegetarian as it does to eat meat. There are excellent, nutritious, and easy to prepare vegetarian dishes that are Italian, Chinese, Indian, Mid-Eastern, French, Spanish, etc.

Additionally, one can enjoy many other foods that he or she has never tasted because of the meat craze. Most consumers have eaten no more than five or six varieties of beans and legumes. This is less than 10% of what is available.

In my opinion, there are far more benefits to becoming a vegetarian then there are staying a meat eater. Due to the fact that I was raised on meat, I have experienced both worlds. As a meat eater I was constantly sick, tired, and overweight. As a vegetarian, I am healthy, full of energy and maintaining a perfect weight. I love being a vegetarian and it shows. Because I wish the best for myself, it’s just second nature to want the best for others. From my past experience and research, going vegetarian is the best thing anyone can do for their mind, body and spirit.

much respect to you for this post, i hope u dont mind if use some of these arguments in future lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending