The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

LOLZ

I thought you guys are talking about Sith from Star Wars

what a geek
Reply 81
Original post by Amandeep_Psych07
Bollywood Schollywood. :colonhash: Teach me. :colondollar:

Yes, but he doesn't know and he's in love with someone else. :emo: His name is Aamir Khan. :cry2:

I would but see i dont want to embarass myself with the immense amounts of bollywood knowledge i could display :colondollar: :ninja:

Who is he with now? let me at er' :mad2:.

Im in love with a hindu, he doesnt know either. :cry2:.

Spoiler

Original post by okapobcfc08
Yh I knew what you meant, I just thought it was worded a bit strong. Your second point is kind of weak. Do you agree in reading the Bani of one the most learned souls the worlds ever seen, Bhai Sahib Bhai Gurdas Ji. Do you agree to reading the bani of another great soul, Bhai Sahib Bhai Nand Lal Ji. If you do, doesn't that mean that the importance issue is non-existent.

No-one should think Sri Dasam Granth is the Guru, to think otherwise is idiotic. I fully support not doing parkash of Sri Dasam Granth at the same height as the king of kings Dhan SGGS maharaj, but I also reject that Dasam Granth can be nowhere allowed and no akhand path of it can be done.

Why do people read Dasam Bani in Nitnem? Because we feel it is important as the emperors of emperors Sahib SGGS Maharaj? No, because the amazing 10th master has instructed us too. What the 10th master says goes for me.

Is the 1st master's bani as important as 2nd's? Yes, is the 3rd's important as 4th's? Yes. Is the 9th's as important as the 10th's? Yes. As they are words of the Guru. The word of the 1st master has the same important as the 10th. But the key thing is this. The living Guru is the giver of all riches Sahib SGGS Maharaj. Is the living Guru as important as Dasam Granth? No chance. This is why I strongly disagree this argument that by reading Jaap Sahib, Twaiye Parsaad Swaaveeai and Chaupai Sahib = giving dasam granth equal important to the king of kings!!

well we can read their bani..but not as part of nitnem...
there's probably a reason why some bani is in the SGGS while other isn't
we obviously ARE giving equal importance to the dasam granth bani if we include it in nitnem...?
if guru ji himself didnt think it should be included in the SGGS, why are we reading it with SGGS bani?
sorry maybe i haven't researched much, but when did guru ji tell us to include dasam granth bani in nitnem?
the rehat maryada was made by sikhs a lot later...
Reply 83
Original post by aarora
What do you mean by that? The same could be said about Sikh boys, the majority don't even wear a turban nowadays.

Yeah it applies to boys too. But the amount of Sikh girls I see though with random boys is incredible. They don't have the slightest clue about their religion either, whereas boys, normally, although they can be as bad, do have some inkling of pride and respect for their religion at least.

Original post by KaurPrincess
why do you say that?

^
Nice society I will join
Original post by blush.ox
I would but see i dont want to embarass myself with the immense amounts of bollywood knowledge i could display :colondollar: :ninja:

Who is he with now? let me at er' :mad2:.

Im in love with a hindu, he doesnt know either. :cry2:.

Spoiler

Oh ok, wouldn't want you to embarrass yourself. :colondollar:

Kiran Rao, she's a film director too. She seems cool, so let her off. :yep:

Awhh. :console: I wish this whole muslim/hindu or sikh barrier didn't exist sometimes. :sad: Would make life a lot easier. :redface:
Reply 86
OHH KIDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :bhangra:
Reply 87
A hero to all Sikhs. :biggrin:

Reply 88
Oh ok, wouldn't want you to embarrass yourself. :colondollar:

Kiran Rao, she's a film director too. She seems cool, so let her off. :yep:

Awhh. :console: I wish this whole muslim/hindu or sikh barrier didn't exist sometimes. :sad: Would make life a lot easier. :redface:

Jee thanks, though i would probably find a way to do it anyway :teeth:.

Oh i think i know who she is, i'll let her off if you say so :cute:.

Yep cus that would make bollywood starts alot more attainable :teehee:.
Original post by blush.ox
Jee thanks, though i would probably find a way to do it anyway :teeth:.

Oh i think i know who she is, i'll let her off if you say so :cute:.

Yep cus that would make bollywood starts alot more attainable :teehee:.

You're doing it now. :colondollar: Joke. :colondollar:

:five:

I believe it would. It would mean me and romeo can finally be together. :love:
safe i'm sikh
what is your gods name?

and who was guru nanak?
Original post by umarrehman187
what is your gods name?

and who was guru nanak?

We call God Waheguru - Wahe meaning wonderful, wow, awe inspiring. Guru meaning teacher, or one who brings light from the darkness. Waheguru is just a name for God, like Allah. He is not our God but the same God that any monotheistic religion refers to.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji was the first Guru, and the founder of Sikhism. He came into the world in a time of corruption and oppression to show people a different path. All of the 10 Gurus have a divine light within them, and can therefore be seen to be the same person. So the fifth Guru for example, may be referred to as the fifth Nanak.

A very, very short summary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji:

One of the most important beliefs of Sikhism that Guru Nanak Dev Ji set down is that it's necessary to help the needy and the poor. Guru Ji was always ready to help the poor and he served food to them. In fact, Guru Ji often invited the needy and the poor into his house. Another example of Guru Ji helping the poor and the needy occurred while he was a storekeeper. Guru Nanak Dev Ji used to spend a large part of his wages in order to feed the poor and the hungry.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji also taught us that there is one God and he is the Truth and Ultimate Reality. To emphasize this point, Guru Ji said, "There is neither Hindu nor Muslim." In God's eyes, the labels of Hindu, Muslim, Jew, Christian, etc. don't mean anything. Guru Ji also taught that God has created the universe and he is everywhere. In order to spread these messages, Guru Nanak Dev Ji took four long journeys. On these journeys, Guru Ji got many followers and was able to relate his message to many people.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji taught us that all human beings regardless of skin color, wealth, caste, and gender are created equal. When Guru Ji left this world at the age of 70, in 1539, he had laid down the foundations for a great religion.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by RoshniDiya

Original post by RoshniDiya
We call God Waheguru - Wahe meaning wonderful, wow, awe inspiring. Guru meaning teacher, or one who brings light from the darkness. Waheguru is just a name for God, like Allah. He is not our God but the same God that any monotheistic religion refers to.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji was the first Guru, and the founder of Sikhism. He came into the world in a time of corruption and oppression to show people a different path. All of the 10 Gurus have a divine light within them, and can therefore be seen to be the same person. So the fifth Guru for example, may be referred to as the fifth Nanak.

A very, very short summary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji:

One of the most important beliefs of Sikhism that Guru Nanak Dev Ji set down is that it's necessary to help the needy and the poor. Guru Ji was always ready to help the poor and he served food to them. In fact, Guru Ji often invited the needy and the poor into his house. Another example of Guru Ji helping the poor and the needy occurred while he was a storekeeper. Guru Nanak Dev Ji used to spend a large part of his wages in order to feed the poor and the hungry.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji also taught us that there is one God and he is the Truth and Ultimate Reality. To emphasize this point, Guru Ji said, "There is neither Hindu nor Muslim." In God's eyes, the labels of Hindu, Muslim, Jew, Christian, etc. don't mean anything. Guru Ji also taught that God has created the universe and he is everywhere. In order to spread these messages, Guru Nanak Dev Ji took four long journeys. On these journeys, Guru Ji got many followers and was able to relate his message to many people.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji taught us that all human beings regardless of skin color, wealth, caste, and gender are created equal. When Guru Ji left this world at the age of 70, in 1539, he had laid down the foundations for a great religion.

yes yes appreciate you given me this info in brief man nice one, i always like learning about other religions...
Original post by umarrehman187
yes yes appreciate you given me this info in brief man nice one, i always like learning about other religions...

:smile: Okay well if you have anymore questions, feel free to ask on this thread!
Original post by Lehmber Hussainpuri
safe i'm sikh

Safe. :turban:
Safe. :turban:

:2euk48l:
Original post by Lehmber Hussainpuri
:2euk48l:

Mashallah. <3
Reply 98
why did this happen: i dont understand the guy @ the start

Reply 99
What I want to know is why so many Sikhs hate Muslims? :colonhash:

The intelligent Sikhs do not hate Muslims.

Sikhs have a history with Mughals whom were of Islamic faith but obviously did not practice it as they'd not have done what they did. Mainly Shah Jahan [whom erected the Taj Mahal] and Jahngir, Arangzeb being the worst. Then again we have a recent history with the Hindus whom attacked the Golden Temple and killed/kills millions of baptised Sikhs to this day.

Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji's companion was Bhai Mardana a Muslim whom went with him all over the place. His stories [Katha] can be read, heard on cds, mp3's etc.

The foundation stone of the Golden Temple [Darbar Sahib] was laid down by a Muslim Saint Mian Mir.

In the Scriptures there are many Muslim Prophets who's verses are added Shiekh Farid Ji, Shiekh Kabir ji and more.

Dhan Dhan Guru Guru Hargobind Ji erected a Mosque for the Muslims ''Guru Ki Maseet' which is used to this day by Muslims.

That's the just a few examples.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending