The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jemine1
How many past papers have people done? Sorry for all the random questions but I had a rather failing feeling about myself regarding where I am at right now.

Don't worry about what everyone else is doing! If its right for you, it's right for you. CHILL OUT. The stressed out posts are making me dizzy !
I've got a random topic starter :smile:

Who is your favourite comedian?

Got any funny YouTube videos that you could recommend?

C'mon, I need a good laugh :biggrin:
Diary of a Badman all the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by Charlie_
Thanks :biggrin: I guess I'll post tomorow, just thought I'd join tonight while I thought about it. One thing I'm a but worried about is my GCSE results. I'm very pleased with them, but when looking at everyone on TSR's results I feel I'm in over my head. However, I think this is just because people on TSR seem to be above average in terms of grades. So yeah, is 2 A*'s. 6 A's and 3 B'sok to do medicine?
I know I technically meet the requirements for most Medical schools (bar Birmingham and others) but do you think I stand a realistic chance?

Yes you've got a chance - but as someone has already said - just ace your AS levels and get loads of w/e and volunteering :biggrin:

Original post by Annii
Hi :biggrin: I'm new here too and have been following this thread aswell :tongue: Interesting...:biggrin:

Heya :smile:

Original post by gunner4lyf44
Cambridge, Imperial, Birmingham, Nottingham. - Warwick for biochem.

Oooh which college at Cambridge?

Original post by erniiee
Hahaha that pisses me off too.

Oh how the stresses of work experience arrangement have got to us :rolleyes:

:lol:

Original post by oli_G
I hope you don't mind me asking but what was your AS UMS?

You're obsessed with AS UMS :wink:
It's been quiet on here today - only one extra page of posts since last night!!
Why did someone neg for me saying I would never consider graduate medicine?
Reply 3986
Something that happened yesterday - I was at Nottingham Medical school and tried to sit in on a lecture, until the lecturer told me and the med student I was with (over the loudspeaker) to not sit at the back, and the entire lecture theatre turned and looked at us. Ended up running out embarrassed. Was interesting seeing the Med school though :smile:
Was very funny though :smile:
Original post by Charlie_
Something that happened yesterday - I was at Nottingham Medical school and tried to sit in on a lecture, until the lecturer told me and the med student I was with (over the loudspeaker) to not sit at the back, and the entire lecture theatre turned and looked at us. Ended up running out embarrassed. Was interesting seeing the Med school though :smile:
Was very funny though :smile:

:lol:
Original post by oli_G
I hope you don't mind me asking but what was your AS UMS?

All u need to know is that i averaged over 90 percent because i think thats what u r fishing for.
And I'll return back to this thread - thought I'd try out the current yr 12s thread and was negged twice on my first post that just said hey everyone!!!! :O
Saw the lion king in 3d today! It brought back so many memories! Also bought that Max Pemberton book everyone here goes on about, and a lovely blazer :smile:
Original post by Natalie21
And I'll return back to this thread - thought I'd try out the current yr 12s thread and was negged twice on my first post that just said hey everyone!!!! :O

+ rep to balance it out :smile:
Original post by DarkAndTwisty
Saw the lion king in 3d today! It brought back so many memories! Also bought that Max Pemberton book everyone here goes on about, and a lovely blazer :smile:

Sounds like a great day :O

Original post by DarkAndTwisty
+ rep to balance it out :smile:

Thank you :3
Reply 3993
Original post by Natalie21

plus 5 :yy:
I know that feeling...
Reply 3994
Original post by SaintSoldier
I've got a random topic starter :smile:

Who is your favourite comedian?

Got any funny YouTube videos that you could recommend?

C'mon, I need a good laugh :biggrin:

I dont have a favourite comedian, but this is a memorable performance

Original post by Pride
plus 5 :yy:
I know that feeling...

Aww thank you - I wasn't posting to get rep off you guys - more to agree with whoever it was that said the other day about how friendly this thread is compared to some others :P :3
Reply 3996

All u need to know is that i averaged over 90 percent because i think thats what u r fishing for.

Okay, well done :smile:
does being good looking increase your chances of being accepted into medicine?
Reply 3998
Original post by mrdreamerstar

Original post by mrdreamerstar
does being good looking increase your chances of being accepted into medicine?

Haha, I would assume not but I suppose it may make a difference on a subtle level.

I would hope not though. :frown:
Reply 3999
Hellooooo :biggrin:
I know I'm quite late to join this thread, but....meeeeeeh.
I'm doing Maths, Chemistry, Biology and German. Hoping to do medicine in 2013. I was doing Physics, but found it awful, so switched to German.
I got 8 A*s and 3 As for GCSE, as well as getting my school's History award (which has no relevance to medicine but I think it's pretty impressive I did best in the school at history so it might go into the personal statement). I've got basically no work experience, I'm a carer for my brother who has special needs though and also have volunteered in a group for young adults with special needs for the last 2 years. I also do Gold DofE, playe guitar, Maths Challenge etc etc etc
So yeah, thats my prospective medical student introduction :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending