The Student Room Group

MOJ pre-employment / vetting checks

Hey guys. Been waiting to pass the pre-employment checks for a role at MOJ for a couple of weeks now. Received an email last week from vetting asking to clarify some information, which I did.

This week I’ve seen my portal change messages multiple times a day, from “your application is currently going through pre-employment checks, we’ll be in contact if we required any further information” to “your application is currently going through pre-employment checks.” Then it changed to being referred for a decision, now it’s back to going through pre-employment checks.

I am incredibly nervous, as this is my dream job. Is it normal for my portal to be changing holding messages this much, or should I be worried?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
mine has done the same i applied in oct. have u had a provisional offer of job? and have you completed your fitness and medical yet?
Original post by ayla74
Hey guys. Been waiting to pass the pre-employment checks for a role at MOJ for a couple of weeks now. Received an email last week from vetting asking to clarify some information, which I did.

This week I’ve seen my portal change messages multiple times a day, from “your application is currently going through pre-employment checks, we’ll be in contact if we required any further information” to “your application is currently going through pre-employment checks.” Then it changed to being referred for a decision, now it’s back to going through pre-employment checks.

I am incredibly nervous, as this is my dream job. Is it normal for my portal to be changing holding messages this much, or should I be worried?

Took me about two months for my vetting to be completed. Then about 8 individual forms to fill out for security clearance. Sit tight!
Original post by rachelm,
mine has done the same i applied in oct. have u had a provisional offer of job? and have you completed your fitness and medical yet?

I do have a provisional offer, do you? I have completed the medical - fitness isn't required for this role
Original post by beachpanda
Took me about two months for my vetting to be completed. Then about 8 individual forms to fill out for security clearance. Sit tight!

Thanks for your reply beachpanda. It's been 3 months for me. The wait is agonising! I've filled out all the necessary forms and heard back regarding clearance + medical. I'm just waiting on pre-employment checks now. I may give them a call at the end of the week as I was told it'd take 8-12 weeks.
Reply 5
Original post by ayla74
I do have a provisional offer, do you? I have completed the medical - fitness isn't required for this role

yes i was sent a provisional offer about 3 weeks ago and have my medical and fitness tomorrow but ive applied for a prison officer. what was done during the medical? hopefully you will have a start date soon enough! what role have you applied for?
Reply 6
Original post by ayla74

This has just happened to me I’m nervous as hell but I still need to do fitness test hope you got a good out come
Original post by Chezz121
This has just happened to me I’m nervous as hell but I still need to do fitness test hope you got a good out come

I wouldn't worry too much, I received confirmation that I passed the pre-employment checks not too long ago! I know the wait is agonising but no news is good news too. Best of luck with your fitness test :smile:
Original post by rachelm,
yes i was sent a provisional offer about 3 weeks ago and have my medical and fitness tomorrow but ive applied for a prison officer. what was done during the medical? hopefully you will have a start date soon enough! what role have you applied for?

Congrats on the offer! How did the rest of the process (medical + fitness) go? The medical part of the application for me was an occupational health form. Have you heard any news since? My role is admin / policy based.
Reply 9
Original post by ayla74
I wouldn't worry too much, I received confirmation that I passed the pre-employment checks not too long ago! I know the wait is agonising but no news is good news too. Best of luck with your fitness test :smile:

it’s changed back to your application is going through pre employment checks again!!

it’s the fitness test I’m worried about xx
Reply 10
Hi, can I please enquire what level of vetting you went through?
It's already been 3 months for me (14 weeks) and they are still! Doing my pre employment checks the wait is tearing me up this is my dream job I really hope nothing is wrong. I'm thinking positively because it's the 23rd of December right now so they might be focusing on Christmas etc which is why they haven't completed it yet
I’m going through my vetting I already got dbs certificate and the character references gone through .how long does is vetting process ? My status has not changed at all ?
Original post by shabana29
I’m going through my vetting I already got dbs certificate and the character references gone through .how long does is vetting process ? My status has not changed at all ?

Yeah, it can take up to 12 weeks, and it can change back a few times from decision to pre-employment. I know its been a month since you asked have you had any luck with them yet?
How do you find out the progress of your application?
Original post by Jacksmummy23
How do you find out the progress of your application?

Sign into your Civil Service jobs account and go to the applications section.
Reply 16
Original post by Kind regards
It's already been 3 months for me (14 weeks) and they are still! Doing my pre employment checks the wait is tearing me up this is my dream job I really hope nothing is wrong. I'm thinking positively because it's the 23rd of December right now so they might be focusing on Christmas etc which is why they haven't completed it yet

Hey, when did you got your conformation?
Reply 17
just completed my fitness test, and still haven’t received my pre employment checks back, i have sent an email though
I did my fitness test nearly 3 months ago and still haven't heard anything back about pre employment checks. I've sent emails and they just come back saying they don't give updates.
I passed my fitness test a week ago my application status has changed to .
Your application is currently going through pre-employment checks and has been referred for a decision. How long does the decision take ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending