The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by StarryEyed4
What area would you choose to work in?? :smile:

I would want to work in surgery, anaesthesia, and the lab work that was the first option on the clinicals page.

I might not be able to do that though, because of some surgery requirements :frown:
what were you thinking of?
Original post by Lily Academia
You're alive! :eek:

I'm fine thank you. How have all your exams gone? Finished yet?

Indeed I am. Did you think I was dead?! :eek:

Yeah, they've been OK. I didn't like the FSMQ exam at all, but I think the rest were OK. You know when you come out of an exam and you're unsure of how well you did...

NO! I've still got German left but that doesn't need intense revision so I'm practically done. :smile: How about you? :h:
Original post by Ree-Ree-Real:p

[QUOTE=Ree-Ree-Real[excludedFace]tongue[/excludedFace];32258575]Indeed I am. Did you think I was dead?! :eek:

Yeah, they've been OK. I didn't like the FSMQ exam at all, but I think the rest were OK. You know when you come out of an exam and you're unsure of how well you did...

NO! I've still got German left but that doesn't need intense revision so I'm practically done. :smile: How about you? :h:

No, I didn't think you were dead (there's a thing called sarcasm, Ree) but you have been absent for an awfully long time :sadnod:

My exams are finished and have been since that horrid FMSQ (... it did not go well for me :no:) I hope you've been okay - and good luck for German! (Oh, and I missed you: :hugs:)
Original post by erniiee

Original post by erniiee
AHA LOL. I'm just aiming for 100 UMS. . .its annoying though, in my mocks I got 44, 42, 44, 42, 44, 42! I've never got 100% :frown: Only in Art.

Shush. That's an achievement in itself :yep:
No, I didn't think you were dead (there's a thing called sarcasm, Ree) but you have been absent for an awfully long time :sadnod:

My exams are finished and have been since that horrid FMSQ (... it did not go well for me :no:) I hope you've been okay - and good luck for German! (Oh, and I missed you: :hugs:)

There's a thing called what?! Never heard of it. Please enlighten me. :wink:

Yeah, I've been OK hun. Thanks - I swear I'm not even taking German seriously...a few past papers and vocab before the exam should do it.

OMG - you know how you always wake up early, guess what time I woke up this morning?!!!!

Missed you too, hun. :h: But, to be honest, I have been going on the Year 11 thread, and you're never on...*Raised Eyebrows*

:wink:
Original post by fletchdd02
Come on results day!

You're really taking the piss now!:angry:

I KNOW!!! I want to know how badly I've done so I can get over it and enjoy the holidays...I hate this long wait.

Who wants a bet that I'm not going to sleep the night before?! My sister stayed awake...couldn't get to sleep. That's what's going to happen to me. Any bets? :tongue:
Shush. That's an achievement in itself :yep:

10 WARNING POINTS! Now that is just...just...something. Not like you. I do still recall you telling me off for my 2 warning points. Explain. :tongue:

[QUOTE=Ree-Ree-Real[excludedFace]tongue[/excludedFace];32258866]There's a thing called what?! Never heard of it. Please enlighten me. :wink:

Yeah, I've been OK hun. Thanks - I swear I'm not even taking German seriously...a few past papers and vocab before the exam should do it.

OMG - you know how you always wake up early, guess what time I woke up this morning?!!!!

Missed you too, hun. :h: But, to be honest, I have been going on the Year 11 thread, and you're never on...*Raised Eyebrows*

:wink:

Haven't I? Hmm. I've just been busy :yep: - got hospital interview attire today! :eek:

How early did you get up? I couldn't get to sleep for ages last night... so woke up around 7 as opposed to my habitual 6 :blush:
10 WARNING POINTS! Now that is just...just...something. Not like you. I do still recall you telling me off for my 2 warning points. Explain. :tongue:

Ah. Well, you see: I am a rebel now :cool: A lot has changed since you've been gone...

Or perhaps I just said: "My history exam went awfully" and then next minute got a PM explaining I'd violated the huge: NO EDEXCEL EXAM DISCUSSION at the top of threads :redface:
Haven't I? Hmm. I've just been busy :yep: - got hospital interview attire today! :eek:

How early did you get up? I couldn't get to sleep for ages last night... so woke up around 7 as opposed to my habitual 6 :blush:

Ooh, nice - describe. :tongue:

I got up at 4!!!!! 4 AM THAT IS! :biggrin: Had to learn the remaining case studies for my Geography exam that I took this morning. :tongue: Shocked, eh?! I don't usually wake up that early!
Ah. Well, you see: I am a rebel now :cool: A lot has changed since you've been gone...

Or perhaps I just said: "My history exam went awfully" and then next minute got a PM explaining I'd violated the huge: NO EDEXCEL EXAM DISCUSSION at the top of threads :redface:

A lot has what?! Dont. Ever. Do. That. Again.

Haha - I thought something different! :tongue:

[QUOTE=Ree-Ree-Real[excludedFace]tongue[/excludedFace];32259200]A lot has what?! Dont. Ever. Do. That. Again.

Haha - I thought something different! :tongue:

Sooner or later someone is going to point out that what we're discussing has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread, and that we seem to be taking it over :giggle:
Sooner or later someone is going to point out that what we're discussing has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread, and that we seem to be taking it over :giggle:

Are you trying to stop this conversation without my permission?! *Horrified*

Would you really like me to disown you?

The fact that we are aspiring medics is sufficient. Right? :tongue:
Reply 593
Are you trying to stop this conversation without my permission?! *Horrified*

Would you really like me to disown you?

The fact that we are aspiring medics is sufficient. Right? :tongue:

No.

EDIT: I am joking btw...before the neg deluge begins.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Didii
I would want to work in surgery, anaesthesia, and the lab work that was the first option on the clinicals page.

I might not be able to do that though, because of some surgery requirements :frown:
what were you thinking of?

Yeah i don't mind working in cardiovascular medicine, respiratory and general medicine, and not forgetting surgery :P
I remember there being only a few surgery requirements :confused:
Original post by AspiringGenius
I would love 8A* but it's not gonna happen!!!

I would hope I can get 4A* or more, but I would like to apply to:

ICL/UCL
Cambridge; Peterhouse or Gonville and Caius(depending on grades)
Glasgow/ Edinburgh (depending on grades as Edinburgh seem to be GCSE Nazis)
That Swedish Uni which is amazing at medicine ^_^
UEA/Peninsula/Brighton and Sussex (if I don't have the grades for Cambridge. Not sayin they're bad, but obviously their requirements in terms of grades are less :smile: )

In terms of work experience, well Ive gone into the local age concern and have asked for a week in the summer of voluntary work. Pplus last year I did a taster week at the local hospital and did a week at st johns ambulance.

I hope to also get some shadow work at a GP surgery or a surgeons (as I want to do brain surgery.... Brain.... Brain O_O ). I'm having to limit it as my mum is telling me to get a paid job as I'm from a background where that is expected.

Does anyone know if anything else is taken into account? Because I do scouts, including young leading, DofE (gold), cello (currently going about grade 5 ish...), amateur dramatics, tap dance and senior prefect stuff which I would very much like to mention but I'm not sure if they care. I know PS are limited so I dot want to fill it with a load of crap they aren't interested in.

Phew... Big post. :smile: I'm just relying on my grades because they seem so ****ty compared to everyone elses... :-/

Do you go to a state school, just out of interest? :bl: What's/where i s ICL?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Didii
No.

EDIT: I am joking btw...before the neg deluge begins.

Unfounded accusations.

Am I really that intimidating?! I'm nice, really. Really.
:bl:
tee hee!!!

So why do peeps want to be a doctor? Also, what Alevels you doing?
Reply 598
Original post by master y
Do you go to a state school, just out of interest? :bl: What's/where i s ICL?

Imperial College, London

Unfounded accusations.

Am I really that intimidating?! I'm nice, really. Really.

haha its not you I'm afraid of, its the TSR "legends", and "idols" with their string of gems, so one click and you're down 30 points...with great power comes great responsibility.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Didii
Imperial College, London

haha its not you I'm afraid of, its the TSR "legends", and "idols" with there string of gems, so one click and you're down 30 points...with great power comes great responsibility.

You clearly don't know me. I am a TSR Legend. Indeed, I am the Legend of the Legends.

My gems are invisible though. Only true legends can see them.

Latest

Trending

Trending