Original post by oli_G

Original post by oli_G
:colone:

My interview went well! :yep:
Reply 981
Original post by Lily Academia

ah cool. today my paperwork has finally been sorted out (crb has come back and references have been sent off0 so i'm in a good mood :biggrin:
Reply 982
Original post by oli_G
Damn. Yeah medicine seems to attract some very attractive girls - at my volunteer interview I was the only guy and the others were... well... :colondollar:

LOL true! I love the fact there are so many girls that want to do it..

Original post by oli_G
ah cool. today my paperwork has finally been sorted out (crb has come back and references have been sent off0 so i'm in a good mood :biggrin:

Good to hear :biggrin:
Reply 983
:redface:

No complaints there...

Well wouldn't you like a bit of that ;D I just hope there are just as many beautiful girls doing medicine as those doing dentistry. This was just an open day in Leeds though :tongue:
Original post by erniiee
Ah I will do, but I might only be able to give it to you on Tuesday as I have prom tomorrow *eek :biggrin:*

They did, I asked them about having preference over students who already had A Level grades (probably second time applicants) and this lecturer/administrator person said they don't give preference, but you are likely to score more highly with confirmed grades as some schools predict too optimistically. She said the come to the point of interviews through point scoring each application, and if you have actually got the A Level grades already, you will score those higher points...but that is not to say that people with predicted grades will not score well; having relevant/good work experience+a great PS will also get you good points.

And the GCSE requirement is 6 Bs - but the majority of applicants will have better grades than BBBBBB, especially in Sciences/Maths/English.

Also want to add that there were some beautiful dentists (3rd/4th year) downstairs, I'd definitely tap them.

Sweet! have fun at prom! :biggrin:

and i see, thats better then, may have a shot at leeds :biggrin:

about the dentists.......the time will come....one day :wink: :tongue:
Reply 985
Original post by IAmMclovin
Sweet! have fun at prom! :biggrin:

and i see, thats better then, may have a shot at leeds :biggrin:

about the dentists.......the time will come....one day :wink: :tongue:

Thanks I will do :biggrin:

Woo, I'm considering it as my 5th (back up) now!

LOOL it better ;D
Reply 986
WOOW! Just finished GCSE!!!
Reply 987
Original post by MrDoctor

Original post by MrDoctor
WOOW! Just finished GCSE!!!

same it's a great fealing :biggrin: I had three hours of non-stop exams today though :L thank god it's over
Reply 988
Original post by oli_G
same it's a great fealing :biggrin: I had three hours of non-stop exams today though :L thank god it's over

yh it is isnt it, i had 4 hours today but with a break though :smile:

here comes AS revision
hey everyone finished GCSEs wooooo!
Reply 990
WOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo done with GCSEs and had an AMAZING prom! Buzzing for this summer :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 991
Original post by Natalie21

hey everyone finished GCSEs wooooo!

well done. i did yesterday as well :biggrin:

looking forward to a nice break it feels like a big weight has been lifted off me for a while :smile:
Just got back from first day GP Surgery wxp - really, really good. Saw ten consultations ranging from someone who had recently had an operation to remove a benign brain tumour (stitches needed to be removed) to someone with the most awful bed sores. Learnt so much about nurses and midwives roles too - ignore people who say GP practice wxp is all admin; none of it was for me.
Reply 993
Just got back from first day GP Surgery wxp - really, really good. Saw ten consultations ranging from someone who had recently had an operation to remove a benign brain tumour (stitches needed to be removed) to someone with the most awful bed sores. Learnt so much about nurses and midwives roles too - ignore people who say GP practice wxp is all admin; none of it was for me.

Same for A & E =) started yesterday, seen shoulders be be put back in their sockets, a large laceration on a old woman's leg be cauterized and stitched and spent a couple of hours talking to a man with kidney stones... not the most pleasant of conversations but still interesting :wink: if you can, get wxp at a place like A&E, especially if the doctors there are helpful and willing to explain why they prescribe certain drugs or what questions they ask different patients to get the most out of them :biggrin:
Original post by oli_G
well done. i did yesterday as well :biggrin:

looking forward to a nice break it feels like a big weight has been lifted off me for a while :smile:

It still hasn't sunk in despite the fact I burnt my books today!
Reply 995

It still hasn't sunk in despite the fact I burnt my books today!

Ah I really need to burn mine - there's quite a lot of them. :biggrin:
I did burn my anthology as soon as I got out of the literature exam. That was SO gratifying XD
Reply 996
Btw what is the 'BSL' - saw it in your sig :smile:
Original post by oli_G
Ah I really need to burn mine - there's quite a lot of them. :biggrin:
I did burn my anthology as soon as I got out of the literature exam. That was SO gratifying XD

I have so much and I brought back a huge bag full as I couldn't fit it all on the fire! I'll think of something else to do like frying them on the bbq :wink:

Burnt my anthology today (got a pic of it on fire) - great moment!

Original post by oli_G
Btw what is the 'BSL' - saw it in your sig :smile:

British sign language :biggrin:
Reply 998
Got 2 days work experience at a Haemotology lab tomorrow :biggrin:
Reply 999
Original post by danb_nhkn
Same for A & E =) started yesterday, seen shoulders be be put back in their sockets, a large laceration on a old woman's leg be cauterized and stitched and spent a couple of hours talking to a man with kidney stones... not the most pleasant of conversations but still interesting :wink: if you can, get wxp at a place like A&E, especially if the doctors there are helpful and willing to explain why they prescribe certain drugs or what questions they ask different patients to get the most out of them :biggrin:

Wow, sounds great.

You got the 1000th post ;D

Latest

Trending

Trending