The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HenryAtkinson
To get into Cambridge at all you'd need at least AS in three scimath so you'd need to keep maths apart from that two science and two humanities doesnt look bad per se but not brilliant either.

Thats true their website does say you need 3.
Reply 1181
Original post by HenryAtkinson

I think that to give yourself the best chance you should do Biology, Chem., Maths + another or Bio., Chem., Phys. + 1 other.
Reply 1182
Original post by Natalie21

That's true most of C1 is GCSE :L

I'm doing OCR.

No I'm not I was going to but that would mean I would get no frees :/ What about you?

I'm thinking about it. But not sure if I want to on top of three sciences and maths D: I made a thread about my dilemma if you CBA to read :tongue:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1700599
Original post by oli_G
I'm thinking about it. But not sure if I want to on top of three sciences and maths D: I made a thread about my dilemma if you CBA to read :tongue:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1700599

OMG totally remember reading that!

I was going to do 3 sciences and maths but dropped physics for geography, an easier subject :smile:
Reply 1184

OMG totally remember reading that!

I was going to do 3 sciences and maths but dropped physics for geography, an easier subject :smile:

Ah cool, better get practicing with your colouring in over the summer then? :tongue:

I joke, I joke

:colone:
Original post by oli_G
Ah cool, better get practicing with your colouring in over the summer then? :tongue:

I joke, I joke

:colone:

I did no colouring in the whole of GCSE!
Reply 1186

I did no colouring in the whole of GCSE!

Really? You obviously weren't on AQA then!
Original post by oli_G
Really? You obviously weren't on AQA then!

I did do AQA actually.
Reply 1188

I did do AQA actually.

Damn. Ah well maybe it was just taught badly at my school :frown:
Original post by oli_G
Damn. Ah well maybe it was just taught badly at my school :frown:

What topics did you do?

We have literally amazing geography teachers :biggrin:
Reply 1190

What topics did you do?

We have literally amazing geography teachers :biggrin:

I didn't actually do it. Although literally everyone in my class did it and my form room was a geography classroom and from what I heard most of the time was spent doing nothing and then rushing pieces of coursework. D:

Nah I was just joking Geography actually is quite interesting when taught well. Although I do prefer history :tongue:
Original post by oli_G
I didn't actually do it. Although literally everyone in my class did it and my form room was a geography classroom and from what I heard most of the time was spent doing nothing and then rushing pieces of coursework. D:

Nah I was just joking Geography actually is quite interesting when taught well. Although I do prefer history :tongue:

Oh okay... totally different to our school... we spent forever on the coursework and we all went so far over the word limit we had to check the examboard would accept them and then we spent every lesson working until our knowledge was way over GCSE level - however another class at my school who has the bad teacher did nothing apart from making models out of plasticine - and unsurprisingly her class did badly in the exam!!
That's true most of C1 is GCSE :L

I'm doing OCR.

No I'm not I was going to but that would mean I would get no frees :/ What about you?

I'm doing OCR too..apparently if you didn't take seperate sciences, reading through a GCSE book/revision guide for the Triple part of Chem Bio and Phys is really useful for the BMAT.

And I'm gonna start trying to learn the AS AQA Biology because I'm scared I will forget everything when it comes to exams D:

I also finished Trust Me I'm a (Junior) Doctor today - I rate that book highly!
Reply 1193
Original post by erniiee

Original post by erniiee
I'm doing OCR too..apparently if you didn't take seperate sciences, reading through a GCSE book/revision guide for the Triple part of Chem Bio and Phys is really useful for the BMAT.

And I'm gonna start trying to learn the AS AQA Biology because I'm scared I will forget everything when it comes to exams D:

I did double science and a GCSE called Human Health and Physiology instead of the normal triple science so I'm going to read through the C3, B3 and P3 chapters. Biology looks alright, just a lot of facts to memorise.

Also, get his next book Where does it hurt?. I've read that recently and was impressed :biggrin:
Original post by oli_G
I did double science and a GCSE called Human Health and Physiology instead of the normal triple science so I'm going to read through the C3, B3 and P3 chapters. Biology looks alright, just a lot of facts to memorise.

Also, get his next book Where does it hurt?. I've read that recently and was impressed :biggrin:

Oh yea :smile: I don't think you'd find the triple stuff too hard really, the only thing I found very challenging was trying to remember the difference in things - like different fermenting containers (eurgh). And bloody ray diagrams in Physics :angry:

Stars are really interesting though!

No I haven't, I'll try to later this holiday. Better than TMIAJD?
Original post by erniiee

Did you not take seperate sciences then? I did :biggrin:
I'm going to get one of the BMAT books which tells you all the science stuff you need to know, as when I looked at the past paper the physics looked harder than GCSE, and I'm not taking it for A level :/
Reply 1196
Original post by erniiee

Original post by erniiee
Oh yea :smile: I don't think you'd find the triple stuff too hard really, the only thing I found very challenging was trying to remember the difference in things - like different fermenting containers (eurgh). And bloody ray diagrams in Physics :angry:

Stars are really interesting though!

No I haven't, I'll try to later this holiday. Better than TMIAJD?

Yeah, without being arrogant the triple science stuff looks very easy just need to learn it. WDIH is quite different to TMIAJD and I liked them both equally tbh. Get it though it's definitely worth a read :biggrin:
Did you not take seperate sciences then? I did :biggrin:
I'm going to get one of the BMAT books which tells you all the science stuff you need to know, as when I looked at the past paper the physics looked harder than GCSE, and I'm not taking it for A level :/

Nah I did, just heard from my cousin who took the BMAT. I need to have a look at some past papers. I'm not taking it either, teachers at my school are atrocious.

Original post by oli_G
Yeah, without being arrogant the triple science stuff looks very easy just need to learn it. WDIH is quite different to TMIAJD and I liked them both equally tbh. Get it though it's definitely worth a read :biggrin:

Yeah, it was. Ah really! Sounds good. I'll definitely read it - apparently he's working on a new book!
thread is deaaaaaaad

and ouch, whoever negged me for that post, would you care to explain why?! LOL
Reply 1199
Random, but does anyone know how long it takes to become a clinical oncologist? Tried searching online but only american information came up and the rare english ones I came across were from a few years back so wasn't really sure D: Out of interest really :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending