The Student Room Group

Going Young Offenders Institution

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by emeritus2011
i read it and i'd do the same even worse son, dont get yourself involved in any foolishness use that time to study read and think, and dont worry about that rape nonsense

Thanks a lot mate
Reply 41
Original post by MoMatrix
There's no rape in Feltham YOI, just make sure that you don't get mugged off in there. I don't think you're a genuine person tbh.

Thanks, and okay.
Original post by lizzybobzehorse
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

By that logic, if someone (A) kills you, someone else (B) can kill the person (A) who killed you. But what about that person (B)? Surely then, by your logic, B can be killed by another person (C) and C by someone else (D). And so on, until a whole lot of people are dead for no better excuse than "he did it to me, so I did it to him." There is a reason that we have laws, no matter how unfair or sometimes useless it can be.

I understand that it's your belief, but I personally think that way of thinking quickly descends into dangerous territory.

ETA: That's not to say I don't understand that the law often doesn't punish offenders enough, and that even life-imprisonment is often never justice for what is done in crime. So I don't wish to offend the OP, because I understand his actions, and I expect I would do the same. I just don't think that 'an eye for an eye' is a good moral to live by.

When I read OP's post, I knew someone would say that...
Reply 43
Original post by Yarpie
I'm sorry for what has happened to you mate. I would do the same in your situation. I hope everything turns out alright for you.

Thanks mate.
Reply 44
Original post by HugoDuchovny
Stick with Red, and you'll be fine.

What do you mean?
Reply 45
Original post by batboy113
Yep, deffo join a muslim gang asap. Thats what my cousin did and he went to wandsworth prison (I think- not totally sure). Its a class B prison so its got a pretty bad reputation. Basically, he just integrated with fellow Musilms asap and they looked after him....

Yeah, thanks for the confirmation ! Was your cousin Muslim?
Reply 46
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, thanks for the confirmation ! Was your cousin Muslim?

Yeah he's Muslim. Basically, the Muslims would pray every friday etc. Make sure you go with them and integrate!!
Reply 47
Sorry to worry you, but I've heard that YOIs are much rougher than adult prisons. Some of the inmates are total psychos :frown:. I think it has something to do with the status of mentally ill prisoners below the age of 18 (i.e they aren't segregated and sent to psychiatric hospitals because diagnosing a child with a mental illness is unethical or whatever). Someone correct me if I'm wrong..
Reply 48
I wud of done what u did......
dont want to scare you but there is a high rate of suicide there, i know this as im from feltham. good luck with your court date...
Reply 49
Feltham is pretty rough, Fit in with the right crowd, And for ****'s sake hold your ground?
Reply 50
Watch The Shawshank Redemption!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending