The Student Room Group

Applying for 2 Course at Same University

I’ve read the guidelines on UCAS, young person has spoken with teachers and we asked admissions when we visited during Open Days. Admissions advised yes - can apply for 2 courses - as they overlap/are similar - one has for example a small language weighting the other is a more even split between languages and the other subject. Part of me still worries as both departments potentially see both applications could it be viewed as not focused? One course has slightly lower grade requirements Could it be detrimental to apply for both?
Seeking any advice or those that have done this and can offer insight please.
Thank you so much 😊
Completely fine if the uni has advised as much.

The only way a lack of focus might come through is the PS, but if there’s enough crossover then it shouldn’t be an issue.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Completely fine if the uni has advised as much.

The only way a lack of focus might come through is the PS, but if there’s enough crossover then it shouldn’t be an issue.

Thank you - admissions confirmed it’s ok to apply - do you know re choosing firm & insurance for the same institution ? The admissions implied ok
Original post by ilovelemons
Thank you - admissions confirmed it’s ok to apply - do you know re choosing firm & insurance for the same institution ? The admissions implied ok

Fine if that's definitely the uni they want to go to. I would not usually recommend it if the grade requiremnts are the same, but in this case they're different so it doesn't really impact the likliehood of being accepted on results day.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
Fine if that's definitely the uni they want to go to. I would not usually recommend it if the grade requiremnts are the same, but in this case they're different so it doesn't really impact the likliehood of being accepted on results day.

Thank you for prompt response and assistance, very much appreciated. 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending