The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Emma
Are you enjoying the course at Nottingham? I really think I might go there. It seems gorgeous. Any inside info? :wink: ... I'm worried about career options at the mo.
Thanks
xxxxx

I really like the course at Nottingham, I like the module choices and stuff for second and third year. Haven't looked into too much career stuff yet though, hmmm, maybe I should start?
Reply 21
kitsune
:ditto: hopefully! :wink: are you at ICL right now? I know you are doing Civil Engineering but dont remember where! .(

No, Bristol :smile:
Reply 22
ohhh when did you hear from bristol? I'm still waiting for them (doesnt really matter though :p: )
Reply 23
kitsune
ohhh when did you hear from bristol? I'm still waiting for them (doesnt really matter though :p: )

IIRC my interview was the end of November, so I'd heard from them mid to late November. They were one of the last to respond. I'd submitted my application for the Oxbridge deadline, so mid-October time.
Reply 24
Frances
I really like the course at Nottingham, I like the module choices and stuff for second and third year. Haven't looked into too much career stuff yet though, hmmm, maybe I should start?

lol. I wouldn't worry about it too much, I'm just frantic about that sort of thing. Me = very sad.
What about the unrestricted modules at Notts? I really want to do some History and maybe Law, is that easy or am I going to need to try switching courses? If you don't mind me asking!
Thanks
xxx
Reply 25
El Pollo Diablo
IIRC my interview was the end of November, so I'd heard from them mid to late November. They were one of the last to respond. I'd submitted my application for the Oxbridge deadline, so mid-October time.

well they do not ask interviews for outside european students... but I havent heard from them yet! :confused: Hope everything is ok :confused:
Reply 26
Emma
lol. I wouldn't worry about it too much, I'm just frantic about that sort of thing. Me = very sad.
What about the unrestricted modules at Notts? I really want to do some History and maybe Law, is that easy or am I going to need to try switching courses? If you don't mind me asking!
Thanks
xxx

In the first year, half of the 6 modules you do each semester are outside of politics. So you could do loads of history. BUT history is a very popular subsid, so when it comes to the subsid sign up day for history, you'd have to get there EARLY and be prepared to queue! I think law is quite popular too, but I don't know anyone who's actually taken it as a subsid.

In the second year, you only take three modules a semester, but i think you can take one of them outside of politics.
Reply 27
Frances
In the first year, half of the 6 modules you do each semester are outside of politics. So you could do loads of history. BUT history is a very popular subsid, so when it comes to the subsid sign up day for history, you'd have to get there EARLY and be prepared to queue! I think law is quite popular too, but I don't know anyone who's actually taken it as a subsid.

In the second year, you only take three modules a semester, but i think you can take one of them outside of politics.

sounds cool. I think Nottingham is going to be a definate for me.
Thanks very much!
xx

Latest

Trending

Trending