The Student Room Group

WJEC S2 2011. What a paper...

Hello everyone. Just sat S2 and found it extremely not nice at all. How did you find it?
Reply 1
Personally I thought it was ok it was just the question 5a) caused me a few problems. However the general consensus in my school was that it was awful :frown:
Reply 2
Majority of the people found it very difficult in my year. It was such a horrible atmosphere after it. Nearly everyone was saying their first choice of uni is out of the window because of this paper... Goodluck next week with C4, im assuming you're going to sit it.
Reply 3
Very unusual paper but, Q5 and Q6 look unusual but I think I got it nicely, the atmosphere felt rather grim for some reason
Reply 4
Original post by Ivy2412
Majority of the people found it very difficult in my year. It was such a horrible atmosphere after it. Nearly everyone was saying their first choice of uni is out of the window because of this paper... Goodluck next week with C4, im assuming you're going to sit it.

Yeah I know what you mean it was definitely different to past papers. And yes I'm doing C4 next week, Thanks and Good Luck to you too!
Reply 5
Question 5 caught me out - I made such a stupid mistake on it! The rest wasn't too bad but I'm still hoping for low-ish grade boundaries :smile:
Reply 6
Has anyone got a copy of the paper that they could upload? :smile:
Reply 7
have to wait until tomorrow when lecturers get them =X
I didn't think it was too bad, but I made a mistake somewhere in 5a) so couldn't get it out :/ My answer was pretty close though so hopefully I'll get method marks :redface:

And 1aii) the question where you had to find the probability of the mean being under 30 in five days, my mind just went blank :frown:

I'm paranoid I've made silly mistakes though because for loads of the questions worth a lot of marks seemed really short? Especially the 11 marker, it felt like I'd done practically nothing for 11 marks :tongue:

Does anyone remember what they got for any of the questions? I got 0.84 something for the first one :smile:
Reply 9
Somehow ended up with 96, even though I messed up one of the questions!
Reply 10
Original post by Poppy1992
Somehow ended up with 96, even though I messed up one of the questions!

I had 96 too! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending