The Student Room Group

Pharmacy applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mham
Does anybody ever hear something from UCL??
I still haven't heard anything:angry:

It's the easter holidays so no unis will reply back until after the two week break, so one week to go and you should be hearing.... I'm expecting to be hearing from my two chosen unis about accommodation applications.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/207954702591338/

if you have facebook check out that beautiful lab reading have :sogood:

P.S. That's the year above pharmacy freshers page.......
Original post by James A
https://www.facebook.com/groups/207954702591338/

if you have facebook check out that beautiful lab reading have :sogood:

P.S. That's the year above pharmacy freshers page.......

wooooooah

That's my insurance sorted haha
Original post by splendidsun
wooooooah

xD
Reply 3564
Original post by FunkeyMunkey
mee :smile: Do you already live in London?

wooo, no i live in wales! so im sooo excited to go to london (hopefully) :P
Original post by lau93
Yeah, because I want to be close to home :smile: plus I really like the fact its not a campus uni, and is right in the city :smile:

It is handy being so close to home. That's what I really liked about Cardiff was that there's something always going on and its in the middle of everything!
Original post by nffc-b
Ahh they're making us wait quite a bit, I just want to get it all over and done with :frown: Is it your first choice?

Yeah i know! I really just want to know where i stand so i can decide which to firm etc! Umm, well it depends on what they offer me i think (if at all!!:/) but i do really like Notts so probably would firm it. Not too sure though :tongue: How about you?
wooooooah

why, what were your other 'insurance' unis that you got offers from?

Did you not get to see the labs when you had your reading interview/open day?
Original post by mathsclown
Hii, congratulations on obtaining an offer!! Sorry for sounding nosey but what are the conditions of your offer? Just that i've been waiting over 2 months for a reply from herts :frown:

I'm sorry, I'm not of much use to you. My offer is based on me completing a work based qualification. I am a mature applicant and hold A levels from school and more recently an A level in Chemistry where I got a grade B. My friend has to do the same as me and get her B as she has not yet finished the A level. I don't suppose this applies to you? Sorry!
I hope you get your offer soon!!! Please quote me and let me know :smile:
Original post by James A
why, what were your other 'insurance' unis that you got offers from?

Did you not get to see the labs when you had your reading interview/open day?

Kent and Portsmouth

Nah, they invited me for interview only to tell me I got the offer a couple of days after...so don't really know what happened there

But I've made my mind up now
Kent and Portsmouth

Nah, they invited me for interview only to tell me I got the offer a couple of days after...so don't really know what happened there

But I've made my mind up now

ah i see, nice one!

which one is your firm and insurance?

Im presuming Kent is your insurance their school of pharmacy is good too!
Original post by James A
ah i see, nice one!

which one is your firm and insurance?

Im presuming Kent is your insurance their school of pharmacy is good too!

They're potential insurance unis, for my firm I had to choose between UCL and Kings...chose UCL in the end, simply because I preferred the environment
They're potential insurance unis, for my firm I had to choose between UCL and Kings...chose UCL in the end, simply because I preferred the environment

yeah from what i heard UCLsop is really nice and being a stand alone school of pharmacy building (its still part of UCL) must be really nice. Loads of space in the building too!
Anyone here got an unconditional at Cardiff and firmed it!? I did mine yesterday SOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!! :biggrin:

Also, did anyone who had interviews in Herts on the 21st of March have phonecalls from them yesterday!? They rang me twice and I don't know why? I have already recieved an offer from them.
My mum spoke to them and they said they wanted to ask me a few questions but I could find out any info I needed on the website? Very strange! Obviously now I have firmed Cardiff but I have sent them an email about it out of courtesy and now my curiosity is eating me up. What could they want?????
Reply 3574
firmed UCL.
Anyone else?
Reply 3575
Original post by 000katie000
Anyone here got an unconditional at Cardiff and firmed it!? I did mine yesterday SOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!! :biggrin:

Also, did anyone who had interviews in Herts on the 21st of March have phonecalls from them yesterday!? They rang me twice and I don't know why? I have already recieved an offer from them.
My mum spoke to them and they said they wanted to ask me a few questions but I could find out any info I needed on the website? Very strange! Obviously now I have firmed Cardiff but I have sent them an email about it out of courtesy and now my curiosity is eating me up. What could they want?????

I've just firmed my unconditional :biggrin: so excited!
Original post by lau93
I've just firmed my unconditional :biggrin: so excited!

WOOOO! :biggrin:
It's so exciting! Are you applying for accomodation? I'm not sure because I live about half an hour away but I don't know whether commuting is going to work out :s-smilie: so I figured I better get my accom app in ASAP so I have the choice later on.
I tried to send it earlier but it's not working :/ is it working for you?
Original post by 000katie000
WOOOO! :biggrin:
It's so exciting! Are you applying for accomodation? I'm not sure because I live about half an hour away but I don't know whether commuting is going to work out :s-smilie: so I figured I better get my accom app in ASAP so I have the choice later on.
I tried to send it earlier but it's not working :/ is it working for you?

It's the easter holidays so i doubt (this applies to most, if not, all unis) that accommodation applications will be sent out / processed by unis.
Original post by James A
It's the easter holidays so i doubt (this applies to most, if not, all unis) that accommodation applications will be sent out / processed by unis.

It's all online and it's not necessarily a case of them processing it, it won't even save my choices. The only way their Easter shut down could be related is if their server is down and there are no IT staff to maintain the site at the moment. I guess I'll just have to wait :confused:
Original post by RSP18
firmed UCL.
Anyone else?

Also firmed it, also AAB right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending