The Student Room Group

Pharmacy applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nffc-b
Just got rejected :frown: Where you going to now?

aww no :frown:
im trying to pick between uea and bath, soo dfficult!! how about you?
Reply 3641
Original post by katehelena

Ahh either manchester or uea, at least I get to move out though :P
Reply 3642
has anyone got an alternative offer from ljmu??? and has anyone transferred from an alternative to pharmacy before, just wandering if it was hard????
Hii guys, I'm back!
Original post by Jin3011
Hii guys, I'm back!

Welcome back :redface: where you been? :tongue:
Reply 3645

hey, I was in exactly the same position as you! I ended up picking Bath based on gut feeling, I prefered the city, the fact that the course at Bath allows alot of customisation in years 3+4 and the travel links were so much more convenient for me.

Have you made a decision yet? It took me ages!!, they're both amazing unis haha :biggrin:
Original post by jonesj94
hey, I was in exactly the same position as you! I ended up picking Bath based on gut feeling, I prefered the city, the fact that the course at Bath allows alot of customisation in years 3+4 and the travel links were so much more convenient for me.

Have you made a decision yet? It took me ages!!, they're both amazing unis haha :biggrin:

Hey :smile: Ahh right!! Its so hard to choose, and im sooo indecisive anyway, so this is going to be impossible for me, haha!
Aww, yes Bath is a beautiful city! But Norwich seems lovely too!
And theyre both 3 hour train journeys from me so that's no help either! :|
The only progress i seem to have made is that UEA's accommodation is a bit cheaper! :P
Reply 3647
Original post by sakshi.verma32
Ohh ! Great ! All the best for your grades :smile:
Anyway, which program are you going to join ?

I will be joining Msc. Drug Delivery in Sept :smile:

Hello I am a first year pharmacy student at nottingham. Anyone can answer this question not just the person who created the thread.
Please how is the exam for Professional Skills 1 - Introduction to Pharmacy Practice (B31A10) like?

PS: I repeated the first year
Reply 3648
Hey :smile: Ahh right!! Its so hard to choose, and im sooo indecisive anyway, so this is going to be impossible for me, haha!
Aww, yes Bath is a beautiful city! But Norwich seems lovely too!
And theyre both 3 hour train journeys from me so that's no help either! :|
The only progress i seem to have made is that UEA's accommodation is a bit cheaper! :P

Hello I am a first year pharmacy student at nottingham. Anyone can answer this question not just the person who created the thread.
Please how is the exam for Professional Skills 1 - Introduction to Pharmacy Practice (B31A10) like?

PS: I repeated the first year
Original post by Jin3011
You sure do love >:wink:<that smiley don't you :tongue:

Hey :smile:, when you did student finance filling in parents details, did you come across that bit where you have to add info from a P11D form, http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/p11d.pdf , wadaa?? My parents have never recieved this apparently. I don't know what to do..
Reply 3650
Original post by FunkeyMunkey
Hey :smile:, when you did student finance filling in parents details, did you come across that bit where you have to add info from a P11D form, http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/p11d.pdf , wadaa?? My parents have never recieved this apparently. I don't know what to do..

Hey.

Never filled this out o.0
Original post by ak137
Hey.

Never filled this out o.0

hello, no you don't have to fill it, but you know the section where the parents write their income details, it asks you to calculate sum from P11D form or something. Do you remember that? Either way I'm not sure if I just skip it or not.. Totally confusing...if anyone knows please tell me what it is.

Copy and pasted:
Total Income from taxable benefits in kind
£
Hide help Benefits In Kind
Benefits In Kind

Calculate your total income from 'taxable benefits in kind' using the form P11D. Add together the amounts shown in the following areas of the form:

Section A, Box 13 -
Section B, Box 15
Section C, Box 12
Section D, Box 14
Section E, Box 12
Section F, Box 9 + Section G, Box 9
Section F, Box 10 + Section G, Box 10
Section H, Box 15
Section I, Box 11
Section J, Box 15
Section K, Box 15
Section L, Box 13
Section M, Box 15 (Total sum of all boxes)
Section N, Box 16 (Total sum of all boxes)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3652
hello, no you don't have to fill it, but you know the section where the parents write their income details, it asks you to calculate sum from P11D form or something. Do you remember that? Either way I'm not sure if I just skip it or not.. Totally confusing...if anyone knows please tell me what it is.

Copy and pasted:
Total Income from taxable benefits in kind
£
Hide help Benefits In Kind
Benefits In Kind

Calculate your total income from 'taxable benefits in kind' using the form P11D. Add together the amounts shown in the following areas of the form:

Section A, Box 13 -
Section B, Box 15
Section C, Box 12
Section D, Box 14
Section E, Box 12
Section F, Box 9 + Section G, Box 9
Section F, Box 10 + Section G, Box 10
Section H, Box 15
Section I, Box 11
Section J, Box 15
Section K, Box 15
Section L, Box 13
Section M, Box 15 (Total sum of all boxes)
Section N, Box 16 (Total sum of all boxes)

Yeah I meant my parents didnt fill it because that thing didnt come up when we did it. I dont know, my parents are self employed so maybe thats why. You could phone up student finance(if you dont get a reply here)? :smile:

Btw, did you get your place at UCL? :smile:

Good luck anyway. :smile:
Original post by ak137
Yeah I meant my parents didnt fill it because that thing didnt come up when we did it. I dont know, my parents are self employed so maybe thats why. You could phone up student finance(if you dont get a reply here)? :smile:

Btw, did you get your place at UCL? :smile:

Good luck anyway. :smile:

Reallyy it didn't come up? Thats unusual...yeah I'll call them tomorrow. And yeaa :smile: I did in the end -phew! lool thanks :smile:
Argghhhh student finance is longggg.
Reply 3655
The Kings and UCL offer holders which did you choose and why?
Reply 3656
Reallyy it didn't come up? Thats unusual...yeah I'll call them tomorrow. And yeaa :smile: I did in the end -phew! lool thanks :smile:

Omg, well done!! :smile:
Original post by James A
Argghhhh student finance is longggg.

Haha tell me about it. Got it out of the way a couple of weeks ago xD
Original post by ak137
Omg, well done!! :smile:

Haha tell me about it. Got it out of the way a couple of weeks ago xD

Nice :smile:

What uni's you applied/got offers from?
Reply 3658
Original post by James A
Nice :smile:

What uni's you applied/got offers from?

Rejected by three, turned down one which leaves one - which I got an offer from. Which also happens to be UEA :colone:

:woo:

Cya there :nutcase:

haha :smile:
Original post by ak137
Rejected by three, turned down one which leaves one - which I got an offer from. Which also happens to be UEA :colone:

:woo:

Cya there :nutcase:

haha :smile:

xd

woop woop

yeah i need AAB for UEA. Maths I'm pretty certain I'll end up with an A, Chemistry im not sure about the A, maybe a B and biology, the highest i know i'll end up with is a B :rofl:

At the moment, I'll be happy with either reading or UEA. The labs in reading are :sogood:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending