The Student Room Group

Pharmacy applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
oh my gosh i gt an offer from cardiff!!!!
Reply 961
Original post by danaxx94

Yay! Congrats!!! Hoping I'll hear some time soon as well then :s-smilie: lol xxx
aah same!!! lol! i was actually so excited/nervous i ripped it haha! see u there ! lol xxx

Me too! Quite nervous becuase it's the day after my Cardiff interview, at least I'm getting them over and done with :tongue: See you both there :biggrin:
Reply 963

What was the interview like? Any tips? i want to go to cardiff so bad! :smile: well done btw.
Reply 964
Original post by SJones
What was the interview like? Any tips? i want to go to cardiff so bad! :smile: well done btw.

sure!!! it was really nice and laid back at least the person i had (sorry cant remember his name) he asked me the generic why cardiff, why pharmacy and then if i said pharmacists days are numbered what would u say! he asked me alot of academic questions lie, what is mrsa, name another hospital bacteria (c-diff), what is penicillin, who invented it, what does it do, why cant some medicines be taken orally and any examples (i used insulin-its a protein will get broken down by protease enzymes in the stomach), what other thing destroys like medicine in the body (HCL acid in stomach), what is a nicotine patch what does it do and where does it have an effect (brain), name drug delivery systems ( i used intravenously, intramuscular, topically(creams) ), name another one (inhalation( example (asthma medicine). i think that was it for sciencey questions! he then asked me about my personal statement and asked if i had any questions! ask a question it makes u sound eager! nothing about like chemistry or maths but that could just be me! some people got grilled for ages but mine lasted 15-20 mins! as long as u relax and really big up the school u will be fine!!! thank youu :smile: if u need any more help let me know! hope i helped :biggrin: xx
Original post by bamab
Has anyone who went to Manchester on Wednesday heard back yet?

I havent, and im freaking out as they said they'd get back today :s-smilie: anyone else heard anything?
Reply 966
Original post by Jamsterlavery
I havent, and im freaking out as they said they'd get back today :s-smilie: anyone else heard anything?

I haven't heard back yet either :frown: proper annoying me. I've been on track about 1000 times today.
Original post by Cuttsy
I haven't heard back yet either :frown: proper annoying me. I've been on track about 1000 times today.

Haha, I must have averaged about 10 times an hour :') Maybe they have problems or havent made up their minds yet?
Reply 968
Haha, I must have averaged about 10 times an hour :') Maybe they have problems or havent made up their minds yet?

It's probably just because sooo many people went, they said there that most of people interviewed will get an offer so fingers crossed! Where you there on Wednesday then? :smile:
Was, was very impressed as well, so im hoping for an offer! How did your interview go?
Reply 970
yeah i was there on Wednesday too, i'm a bit annoyed that they aren't telling us yet, i guess i'll have to keep checking my e-mails endlessly tomorrow too
Reply 971
ITS FREAKING 10.15 ALREADYYYY WHY WONT MANCHESTER REPLYYY....i must have tried like once every 3 minutes from 6 pm..its driving me crazy
Reply 972
well they've all probably gone home now. No point checking until like midday tomorrow. Also I wonder if I remember any of you from the interview. I was the really tall guy drinking lots of Coke
Reply 973
i've been checking track all day too for manchester!
Well I was in group B, and sat in the middle table when waiting for the interview...if that means anything :smile:
Reply 975
Original post by remorax
well they've all probably gone home now. No point checking until like midday tomorrow. Also I wonder if I remember any of you from the interview. I was the really tall guy drinking lots of Coke

you are probably the reason why i can fall asleep tonight

i still hate manchester for saying that theyll get back to us by friday because WTF u cant just do this to us students...we are eager to know...we check like every freaking minute and possibly will stay up the whole night checking just hoping for a freaking email...god dmn it
Reply 976
I got home at 11:30 last night after hours of serving screaming twilight fans at the cinema thinking yeh should be ight if I get an offer, NO REPLY -.- so went to sleep like a loser lol they better get to us today ( got another 7hour shift handling screaming 14 year old girls, feel sorry for me tsr )
Reply 977
Original post by K.H
I got home at 11:30 last night after hours of serving screaming twilight fans at the cinema thinking yeh should be ight if I get an offer, NO REPLY -.- so went to sleep like a loser lol they better get to us today ( got another 7hour shift handling screaming 14 year old girls, feel sorry for me tsr )

That sounds like hell!!! :P I've still not heard anything either :/ do you think that ucas still process stuff on weekends?
Reply 978
Well I was in group B, and sat in the middle table when waiting for the interview...if that means anything :smile:

I was in group B!!!!
Reply 979
Original post by Cuttsy
That sounds like hell!!! :P I've still not heard anything either :/ do you think that ucas still process stuff on weekends?

i dont think so....i hope they do but i dont think they do ....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending