The Student Room Group

Babysitting everyone.

Anon or delete.

Right, so recently I broke up with my ex who I was starting to have some genuine feelings for, whatever.

Tonight I go out as you do, on the pull or whatever, but I spend the night babysitting everyone else.

One friend is getting jerked about by some silly little girl who was dancing with me trying to use me as some weapon but I was like "yeah I know what she is doing" and had to spend an hour or two making him feel better and getting him to get over her, then as that crisis is over I bump into my other mate I came to the club with who is utterly ****ed off his nut, and I have to look after him, text his gf to tell him to come home, and let the bouncer (a mate) know he is done for the night.

He is of course trying to get into other places and yeah, now I got a mate crashing on my bed because she can't find anyone else to put her up.

I expected a good night out and maybe meet a bird and well, I always seem to end up looking after everyone because apparently I'm the only guy that can A) handle my feelings and B ) not get so drunk I am actually off my nut.

How do I stop that gut instinct to be the grown up and make sure everyone else is okay and just leave my mates to their drunken fate and be the dick who gets a piece?
Reply 1
Ironically you already sound like a dick, so half way there.
Reply 2
If you know what you're doing wrong....just stop doing it? Your mates are old enough to look after themselves. You've only got so long to legitimately be able to act a **** without fear of any serious consequences so you might as well enjoy it while you can.
boo hoo i have to look after my friends

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending