The Student Room Group

US Cuts off millions in Aid to Pakistan

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scarface-Don
So why did the USA invade Afghanistan? And whatever excuse you will give me, I doubt you will have evidence for it so stop wasting my time please.

I don't really care why they invaded Afghanistan since it has nothing to do with this conversation.

It certainly isn't for the reason that you asserted.

Unless you are going to provide evidence to back up your assertions then I am not interested.
Reply 141
Original post by DorianGrayism
No, not really. I don't see why they need to be involved in drug dealing.

I'll tell you why. So they can become more wealthy than they already are. Do you really think the world most military has spent the last ten years in search for terrorists? Do you really think it took them ten years, with intelligence that they have to take down ONE person?
How can you explain the 33 fold of illegal drug export coming out of afghanistan since the US-led invasion? No, you cant can you, because the CIA were better drug dealers than the taliban ever were.
Original post by ak137
. Do you really think the world most military has spent the last ten years in search for terrorists? Do you really think it took them ten years, with intelligence that they have to take down ONE person? .

Well, yea. It took them almost 20 years to find the Mobb Boss, James Bulger, who was in the USA. So the fact, it took them 10 years to find Bin Laden who was hiding in a house in another country is not that surprising. Especially, since they stopped actively looking for him after 5 years in 2006.

Original post by ak137
How can you explain the 33 fold of illegal drug export coming out of afghanistan since the US-led invasion? No, you cant can you, because the CIA were better drug dealers than the taliban ever were.

I don't know what difference it makes if there was a 33 fold increase in opium production. The US has better things to do then run after poppy producers who are mainly working in Taliban held areas.

There was also a 20 X fold increase between 1979-1999. I am not going to then suggest that the Soviet's, Mujahadeen and Taliban were profiting from opium, since that would be a dumb thing to say.
Original post by Scarface-Don
How can you say that its not Pakistan's war when all the Taliban come from Pakistani maddrassas? How can you say that its not Pakistan's war when they find Al Qaeda's leader next to Pakistan's most prestigious military academy, also when the ISI has a long history of training terrorists.
The fact is that Pakistan has a part blame for growing terrorism and they have to step up and deal with problems they caused. The fact that we do not take responsibility for our own actions in this day and age is why we have some much conflict around the world.

Its not pakistans war, the 'main' reason of 9/11 was to kill Bin Laden, he had no connection to Pakistan at that time, and it is stupid to say all taliban comes from pakistans maddrassas??, there are so many countries where extremists groups are originating, the reason America, they just started a war in Iraq, Afghanistan, maybe if they hadn't invaded countries (for oil), these groups wouldn't be so dangerous.

secondly, ISI does not have a long history of helping terrorism, it was helping America train afghanis when they were having a war with Russia,
and if the ISI or pakistan government was helping these terrorists why would they be attacking pakistan? :confused:
the fact is that all of this is propaganda, Bin Laden was dead ages ago this was merely a drama, to have a reason to leave Afghanistan,

I actually wish America cut the aid of ages ago, they give money to 'help' pakistan, and then they send spies to spy on pakistans nuclear power and kill innocent pakistans, also kill pakistans using drone, just in 2010 around 1000 pakistans died because of Americas drones, how many of them were terrorist, not even a 1/4,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending