The Student Room Group

I'm jealous of my younger brother

My younger brother is just going into 3rd year at uni and has started going out with an art school girl. He is really happy as he is quite shy and never had much luck with girls in the past and she is really gorgeous. He is studying astrophysics and he met her when she did an evening class at the uni in astronomy that he helped out with. I should be happy for him because he hasn't had a real girlfriend before and was a virgin until recently but I feel really jealous.

I am better looking than him and have always found it easy to get girls but never anyone as nice as his girlfriend. She has been to our house a few times and I can tell everyone is really impressed with her and my brother is probably the happiest I have ever seen him but I just can't be happy for him. Any time he talks about her I say something nasty about her or that she isn't very pretty or that she is chubby when in fact she is pretty perfect.

How can I get over my jealousy and be happy for my brother.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Stop being so ****ing spiteful. I dunno what advice to give since you sound like an Arse if you can't be happy for him.
You are a dick, just be happy for him... Can't believe you, at the end of the day he's happy and therefore you should be happy for him.
Reply 3
you sound like a dick.
Reply 4
he's zyzz, your a bottle of fizz
Reply 5
I think I would be ok with it if she were just an average girl of the sort I imagined he would someday get with but she is a 10! Way, way out of his league and now he's banging the finest girl I've ever set eyes on. It makes my efforts seem second rate.
Reply 6
You have 3 options:

Steal her from your brother.
Get a hotter GirlFriend.
Get the **** over it.
Regardless of how you're feeling inside, it's really not fair of you to outwardly make snide/horrible remarks. You don't have to be thrilled with the situation, but let him enjoy his happiness. You're so busy focusing on what he has that you don't (this girl), but I'm sure there are plenty of things/qualities/possessions you have that he wants. I'm sure the time will come when you meet a "pretty perfect" girl too, and I'm sure you wouldn't want him to act the way you are.
Reply 8
It's sibling rivalry, it will soon pass.
Reply 9
Original post by ilovelife1234
You are a dick, just be happy for him... Can't believe you, at the end of the day he's happy and therefore you should be happy for him.

well maybe I am a dick, but I can't help how I feel.
Original post by ilovelife1234

you are a dick for judging the OP
Reply 11
Original post by Mangaka
You have 3 options:

Steal her from your brother.Get a hotter GirlFriend.
Get the **** over it.

Have thought about it but I'm not that low and to be honest I think she is really into him. Just sucks to see the two of them together.
Reply 12
Do a Polanski. get her drunk have sex then leave the country and make amazing films
Original post by polanski
M

I am better looking than him and have always found it easy to get girls but never anyone as nice as his girlfriend..

Says a lot about you and most guys.

Slappers are easy, quality isn't.
Original post by polanski
My younger brother is just going into 3rd year at uni and has started going out with an art school girl. He is really happy as he is quite shy and never had much luck with girls in the past and she is really gorgeous. He is studying astrophysics and he met her when she did an evening class at the uni in astronomy that he helped out with. I should be happy for him because he hasn't had a real girlfriend before and was a virgin until recently but I feel really jealous.

I am better looking than him and have always found it easy to get girls but never anyone as nice as his girlfriend. She has been to our house a few times and I can tell everyone is really impressed with her and my brother is probably the happiest I have ever seen him but I just can't be happy for him. Any time he talks about her I say something nasty about her or that she isn't very pretty or that she is chubby when in fact she is pretty perfect.

How can I get over my jealousy and be happy for my brother.

Get over the jealousy by getting yourself a girl. Seriously i have two brother, one older the other younger, and i can't imagine ever having such feelings like you do to either of them.
maybe if you tried being a nicer person you'd attract nicer girls.

this isn't about your brother and his girlfriend at all. this is about someone (YOU) who sounds like they've always got what they wanted throughout life, and can't stand that somebody else 'won the prize'. LIFE IS NOT A COMPETITION.
what is it you want? you say you can 'get girls' easily. do you mean relationships or sex? do you want a relationship with someone you're in love with? do you want to have sex with a 'really hot girl'? do you just want a trophy girlfriend so you can show her off?
i'm baffled to say the least...
Reply 17
Cool Story BRO! :biggrin:
Reply 18
Maybe your not as good looking as you think jerk lmao. :ahee:
Reply 19
Why are you not happy that your brother is happy? Do you take joy in your brother's sadness? Why do you feel you must be the best (superiority complex)?

You seem to have a spiteful persona. Fix up on that and maybe you too will find your perfect girl.

Just try to be happy for him :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending