The Student Room Group

Guys: girls' eyebrows

Scroll to see replies

they mean like this

Not the massive ones everyone else has posted.
Reply 21
I think megan fox suits the thick eyebrows, but I'm not sure about the other girls...

I suppose it's because they are neat, and that's the most important thing here rather than thickness. If you look they are also shaped, which adds to the look. It also depends on the face shape to be fair and what you can get away with. Aslong as thick eyebrows are neat and tidy, they are fine by me.
Reply 22
Original post by LipstickKisses
they mean like this

Oh god I love her eyebrows! I'm trying to grow mine thick as I made a horrible mistake with plucking - I messed up the archs of the two of them.It really depends on the face but I love long natural looking eyebrows.

Camilla Belle has the most beautiful eyebrows though :smile:
Original post by EasyA
Oh god I love her eyebrows! I'm trying to grow mine thick as I made a horrible mistake with plucking - I messed up the archs of the two of them.It really depends on the face but I love long natural looking eyebrows.

Camilla Belle has the most beautiful eyebrows though :smile:

Just googled her, she does have lovely eyebrows! :biggrin: It does depend on the face, I personally love strong brows like Elizabeth Taylor's - not bushy but not thin, they frame the face. I've done that before I plucked the middle too far out so I ended up with a weirdly big gap, ha.
I know I'm not a guy :p: but I think there's a happy medium here.
Big and bushy, not good, but the super thin lines are even worse (especially if it's just drawn on with pencil and all the hair is gone :s-smilie: ). I think they make girls look really scary.
Reply 25
Original post by Hanvyj
I dislike plucked eyebrows.

Give me natural.

I'm a natural :wink:
Here's a good example;

Personally I prefer big, dark eyebrows.
But it's different for every woman. As long as they suit you, then it's all okay.

I used to pluck and thread mine, now I actually colour them in and add bulk and I much prefer now.

Reply 27
I think natural eyebrows are the best, I just ' tidy' mine. I funnily enough never thought about it until I was 16, and then I realised I really like my eyebrows xD and strangely enough I've had people compliment me for them... weird :') I know this thread says guys but I think it's important that you are happy yourself with how you look... If you want a pencil drawn eyebrow then go for it :P
Original post by midlandsman
I really hate it when girl shave off their eyebrows and draw on a black line.

How can they possibly think that's a good idea?

LOL - the worst;

Reply 29
Kate Middleton has made the fuller eyebrow acceptable once more. It is now possible to buy eyebrow extensions or have eyebrow transplants to achieve that Royal Caterpillar look.

bear

:badger:
Reply 30
Big Eyebrows perfection......

Overly thin and/or sparse eyebrows annoy me...

Shape is also important...some suit straight eyebrows and others look nice with an arch
Reply 32
I didn't think my eyebrows were big...until i saw this thread :frown:
Reply 33
Ugh I hate too thin eyebrows. It ruins a pretty girls face! Why why why do you over pluck??!
Fuller brows make you look younger too :smile:

Oh and excessive arches also creep me out too...
i do pencil mine in but as natural as I can and also quite thick. but i do get compliments (albeit from females lol). imo emma watson has amazing eyebrows.
Reply 35
I think natural looking eyebrows are the best.

I don't shape mine, I only pluck the occasional stray hair. Because my eyebrows are quite arched and of medium thickness, if they were any thinner, I'd look permanently suprised!
Reply 36
hmm I know what you mean. I have full eyebrows that are dark and a rather pale face
Reply 37
Original post by LipstickKisses
they mean like this

Never liked thick eyebrows on women.

But this pic, oh she looks gorgeous with them!
Reply 38
I was bullied through the 90s and early 2000s for having thick eyebrows, but I insisted on never destroying them. I don't like the no eyebrows/drawn on line look personally. Or at least definitely not on me.
I pluck them lightly to keep them neat but am so glad I have them, my face would be completely different otherwise. Now I am suddenly considered attractive by a lot of people, I certainly haven't been called ugly or treated as such by anyone for years, I get my fair share of male attention (which I thought would never happen when I was younger! People used to act repulsed by them). Pfft, high school.
Reply 39

:puke:

Quick Reply

Latest