The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by Nat400
I was sent an e-mail for Computer Science, and track updated 2 days later.

Ok, thank you :h:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 1181
Original post by frank1
6 years ago my sister went to St. Andrews. She is convinced that they are looking for more than A grades; that they turn away many with the grades in favour of 'interesting' people. She convinced me to apply tho I don't really want to go to uni at remote location, I like more action. She met many people who got in with AAB and ABB for various different courses and she herself got an ABB offer for management. As she describes, people she met were different from mainstream, many of them were 'quirky' the type who think outside the box so to speak. I'm predicted three A's and have what I think an interesting background and my ps reflects this. Am waiting to see if what she thinks holds true insofar as an offer coming... Still waiting...

Thank you for boosting my confidence! I didn't get the most amazing grades for my Highers, I got AABBB, and my course asks for AABB. Looking at these people with fantastic grades getting rejected was making my a little worried, but reading your post, I realised that that could be more to getting an offer than just good grades. I'm really proud of my personal statement, so hopefully that will give me a little boost. But now I'm just waiting away. No news is good news I guess...
Reply 1182
How much are the fees for Europians computer Science ?
Reply 1183
Original post by _Say_Goodbye_
Unlucky :frown: What were your predicted grades? I was a little confused, I'm going to speak to my teachers tomorrow and try to get some feedback, rather than leave it at 'you were in competition with students that were stronger academically'.

AAAA, for A.Higher Maths, Physics, Biology and Chemistry. Did you get rejected for physics also?
it seems alot of people have been... :frown:

My highers weren't great AAAABB - Maths, Physics, Biology (crash), Grap Com, Chemistry(crash), English... so i'm not exactly a straight A student,
(edited 12 years ago)
We don't have to pay fees :woo:
Original post by Neofytos
How much are the fees for Europians computer Science ?
Reply 1185
Original post by QuinStar
Has anybody heard back about English yet? :smile:

unfortunately not :smile:! I applied for English and Latin, though...
Reply 1186
'...In Computer Science we
have seen a particularly large increase, with over 60% more
applications than last year. This has led to some delay in making our
UCAS decisions.

With that out of the way, I am pleased to inform you that we have
examined your application and will be offering you a place. I am not
sure when you will be receiving the official notification through UCAS
and am thus sending an initial e-mail to let you know the good news.
...'
Got this one on thursday. When will the official offer appear on UCAS? Did any appl. at ComputerScience receive it's 'conditional/unconditional' offer from UCAS?

I wish you all have an excelent day!
Reply 1187
I received the same email on Thursday, track updated with an unconditional this afternoon 2 days later.

I haven't either.
Reply 1189
Original post by Nat400
I received the same email on Thursday, track updated with an unconditional this afternoon 2 days later.

Congrats ! Lucky one :biggrin:
I don't know what exactly should I expect from the adm.tutors 'conditionally-regarding'..That's the main reason I'm a little worried.. What were your scores? :confused:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1190
I have 1 Advanced Higher A and 4 Higher As from last year :wink:

I wouldn't be worried though if they've sent you that e-mail I bet they'll update track soon.
Reply 1191
Original post by LeSacMagique
I haven't either.

I wish unis had a deadline by which they had to reply! Just wanting to get things firmed etc. on UCAS... Feels like a lifetime since I sent all my applications off in October!
I wish unis had a deadline by which they had to reply! Just wanting to get things firmed etc. on UCAS... Feels like a lifetime since I sent all my applications off in October!

Well, I think they do - but it's March 31st if I remember correctly... so not much help :smile:
Reply 1193
The Classicists should join the Facebook group! There have been none of you so far :s-smilie:

My son (AAAAAA SQA Higher) received an unconditional for English on Tues/Wed last week.
Reply 1195
Original post by Sappho
The Classicists should join the Facebook group! There have been none of you so far :s-smilie:

I'm afraid of joining anything before I get a decision. How depressing would it be to have to remove myself? lol If I get an offer, I'll be joining anything and everything out there!! :biggrin: Thanks so much for your input though! It's so lovely hearing from someone "on the other side"!! :biggrin:
Reply 1196
Original post by Ankaret
xxx

Sorry, this is very random, but are you Swedish? Because your name means anchor in Swedish.... :wink:
Original post by Ankaret

Original post by Ankaret
Me too :biggrin: I assume you're applying for Durham, also? I'm pretty sure it's called Classical Studies at St Andrews :tongue: Where else have you applied? It's so nice meeting other Classicists, even if only virtually, my school is utterly void of anything remotely Classical! Fingers crossed :biggrin:

I am indeed! I knew I'd confuse the course names at some point. :tongue: I've applied to Bristol, Edinburgh and Manchester too. What about you? I agree :smile: I'm yet to meet another person at my college who has applied to do anything classics-orientated. Is St Andrew's your first choice?
Reply 1198
Original post by lemontree
I am indeed! I knew I'd confuse the course names at some point. :tongue: I've applied to Bristol, Edinburgh and Manchester too. What about you? I agree :smile: I'm yet to meet another person at my college who has applied to do anything classics-orientated. Is St Andrew's your first choice?

Yeah, course names are a wonderful source of confusion. :tongue: I've applied to Cambridge, Durham, St. Andrews, Bristol (snap!) and Exeter. I'm just waiting on St. Andrews (what a surprise!) and Bristol. Have you got any decisions yet? Well, I suppose Cambridge should have been have first choice (I was pooled and not fished which, to be honest, I'm not too devastated about :wink:) but I always loved Durham. I reckon it's down to a castle-orientated complex I've developed due to never having the money for private school and adoring Harry Potter :biggrin: I've never visited St. Andrews so I honestly have no clue. I'm waiting to see if I get an offer then I'll go for offer days :smile: Currently, Durham is my first choice. How about you? :biggrin:
Reply 1199
Original post by Helsy
Sorry, this is very random, but are you Swedish? Because your name means anchor in Swedish.... :wink:

Haha! Brilliant :biggrin: No, I'm not Swedish lol It's a family name. The first Ankaret, as far as I know, was Lady (:rolleyes:) Constance Ankaret Howard lol. Since then, there has been rather a few. The family tree is scattered with them and I just happen to be one :smile: Although I wouldn't object to the odd nautical reference :tongue: Are you an applicant? Or a student? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending