The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1900
Original post by G1609
I know the feeling, it just seems like it has taken forever! :frown:
Was tempted to contact them myself, would this work in my favour? Or would it do more damage than good if you know what I mean ?lol

Original post by Kurokuro
I put in my application for biology at the beginning of October and I've still not heard back! I want to email them but I don't know what to say... 'Oh hi st andrews please give offer thanks' lololol. What did your friend say?

Also I want to ask them if I can defer my place but I can't really ask them before they've actually given me an offer?!

Waa. Getting so stressed out. It's so unfair, someone who put in their application after the deadline heard back last week! The waiting is making me go craaaazy :nutcase:

Original post by Phia7
:ottid:

There's no harm in asking. Especially if by some mistake your application is behind someone's sofa and they forgot about it (not saying that's what has happened or will happen, just a fun idea... :wink:).

I suggest something along the lines of...

Hi,

I applied for BlahBlahBlah
(subject and degree level) for entry 2012 (or 2013 etc) and I was wondering if you could give me an update on the status of my application.

Best wishes,

Full name and UCAS number

It doesn't need to be long. And send it to the UG recruitment officer in the department, you will probably get a quicker answer that way. :smile: Good luck!
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Have you heard nothing for both courses you applied for?
Sorry, I just stalked you a bit because I wondered how you managed to apply before UCAS opened :wink: You probably meant nearly 7 months, right? :colondollar:

Original post by miscellanea
Still waiting after 7 months for a course that doesn't even interview ... I kind of want to rant 'stop being ridiculous and rude, just reject me already!!' but I daren't do that because I'm still hoping for an offer haha :colondollar: I had someone tell me the uni are probably waiting to see if any of their offer holders turn down their places before considering the dregs still waiting but I hope that isn't true.
Reply 1902
Patience is a virtue. :wink:
Original post by huwler
I've applied to do French w/ International Relations with deferred entry... Anyone else in that boat?
I just want to know! This is taking way too long.

I'm in the Arabic & IR boat.... still waiting :s-smilie:
Reply 1904
Original post by warlock

:yep:
says the person who waited for less than two days :wink:
Original post by warlock
Reply 1906
Original post by Phia7
says the person who waited for less than two days :wink:

Guilty as charged :tongue:

I realise now my thread was a bad taste and mods have my permission to delete it. I didn't know so many people were waiting to hear from SA and in light of that I probably sounded like ... But I really was amazed and felt appreciated

But I'm a postgrad for one and I hold a very strong first, so I guess I didn't give them much room to think about my application. I honestly don't know.

I reckon if those of you who did not hear from the uni after months - you'll probably get an offer anyway. I think if you did not merit a place, they would've 'unloaded' you and moved on. No reason really to keep unwanted applicants on the wait. That's what my logic suggests. So keep your chins up, and if it doesn't pan out - the world does not end SA. Just be positive. :smile:
Reply 1907
Original post by warlock

I realise now my thread was a bad taste and mods have my permission to delete it. I didn't know so many people were waiting to hear from SA and in light of that I probably sounded like ... But I really was amazed and felt appreciated

But I'm a postgrad for one and I hold a very strong first, so I guess I didn't give them much room to think about my application. I honestly don't know.

I reckon if those of you who did not hear from the uni after months - you'll probably get an offer anyway. I think if you did not merit a place, they would've 'unloaded' you and moved on. No reason really to keep unwanted applicants on the wait. That's what my logic suggests. So keep your chins up, and if it doesn't pan out - the world does not end SA. Just be positive. :smile:

Yea, im not too bothered, it's just the wait that's killing me. 4/5 on my ucas offers me enough choice. :smile:

a safety of aberdeen is secure, and if StA's doesnt offer me, then I have edinburgh as my second favourite. :smile:
Reply 1908
Original post by Kurokuro
I put in my application for biology at the beginning of October and I've still not heard back! I want to email them but I don't know what to say... ]

I applied for [molecular] biology at the end of September, and I haven't heard anything either :frown: but it's good to know there's other people waiting on it too; I was beginning to think they'd forgotten me! So if you do email them, I'd be very interested to know their response!
Original post by andras
Ahh congrats! :-) I hope we'll meet in September. Good luck to you then for your exams!

Thanks Andras!Hope you also get in :-)
Reply 1910
did anyone get a decision so far for social anthropology? gahh it's been so long since i submitted my application...
Seriously, I don't think anyone has a problem with that thread!
My post was not meant to make you feel guilty :smile: After all, patience is a thing many of us are in dre need of now :tongue:
Congrats on your offer & hope to see you there this year (very unlikely but HEY!) :woo:
Original post by warlock

Reply 1912
Original post by Phia7
Seriously, I don't think anyone has a problem with that thread!
My post was not meant to make you feel guilty :smile: After all, patience is a thing many of us are in dre need of now :tongue:
Congrats on your offer & hope to see you there this year (very unlikely but HEY!) :woo:

I just talked to a guy who waited 8 weeks and received an unconditional offer - so my theory probably holds true to some extent. Don't let up.
Reply 1913
Hello all!

After waiting since October 10th to hear from St Andrews, I finally received notification last week that I've got an Unconditional offer to read English!!:biggrin: Very very happy...now the deciding starts. Warwick or St Andrews? I have no idea!! :s-smilie:
Reply 1914
Original post by hr30
Hello all!

After waiting since October 10th to hear from St Andrews, I finally received notification last week that I've got an Unconditional offer to read English!!:biggrin: Very very happy...now the deciding starts. Warwick or St Andrews? I have no idea!! :s-smilie:

Congratulations on the offer!! Must be really exciting :smile:
CONGRATS!
Only answer to Warwick vs St Andrews: visit both unis and decide which you love like more :love:
If I had the choice ( I don't know yet) I'd choose St As over Warwick because I really liked the atmosphere when I visited. Then again, I'm probably going to Warwick from September so I should start falling in love with that Uni :rolleyes:
Original post by hr30
Hello all!

Reply 1916
Original post by Phia7
CONGRATS!
Only answer to Warwick vs St Andrews: visit both unis and decide which you love like more :love:
If I had the choice ( I don't know yet) I'd choose St As over Warwick because I really liked the atmosphere when I visited. Then again, I'm probably going to Warwick from September so I should start falling in love with that Uni :rolleyes:

My problem is that I had already fallen in love with Warwick, then St Andrews threw this sort of curveball and I don't know what to do now. I like the choice at St Andrews, and I'd be able to take Italian which I've always wanted to do...but I dont know :confused:
Reply 1917
Original post by maitai
Congratulations on the offer!! Must be really exciting :smile:

Thankyou! Yes, very excited but also uncertain as to which uni to choose.....!
But
- St Andrews is beautiful
- you don't have to live far away from (ie take the bus to) campus in second& third year
- you get to study 4 years
- you get more choices in the first two years (awesome!)
- if you're an European/Scottish applicant, you don't have to pay fees

Soooo: If you've managed to fall in love with Warwick, could you please tell me your "reasons"? :colondollar:

Original post by hr30
My problem is that I had already fallen in love with Warwick, then St Andrews threw this sort of curveball and I don't know what to do now. I like the choice at St Andrews, and I'd be able to take Italian which I've always wanted to do...but I dont know :confused:
Reply 1919
Original post by hr30
Thankyou! Yes, very excited but also uncertain as to which uni to choose.....!

I think you should just write a pros and cons list for both. And if you haven't already, try and visit both universities. I don't think there is a better way to decide than that! Good luck on deciding though, I'm sure you'll enjoy your time at university wherever you decide to go to in the end :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending