The Student Room Group

The FIFA Gaming Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by River85
Yeah. There was one guy, on a head to head, who was playing as West Brom (I think I was Newcastle). I was just trying to enjoy the game, using it as a chance of relax after spending a day working as I was mentally exhausted, he was clearly out to piss me off/try and embarrass me though. I wasn't on top form and lost 7-1 or something (I stopped trying at 4-1).

Sent me repeated messages afterwards with nothing but "HAHAHAHAHA!". He must've really thought he was pissing me off. If I was that pissed off I would have quit but I don't as it's only a game.

Again, in Fifa 09 and 10 I was usually complimented whenever I played well. Rage quitters were plenty, of course, but I didn't get abuse. But with 12 I'm just met with rage quitters and abuse and accusations of being "a lucky ****" - simply because I know how to defend and use the GK properly. So it does seem to be the minority of hardcore FIFA fan boys.

I find their hate messages entertaining.

No need for them to send it of course, but it does make my day knowing that I've ruined them 5-0 or whatever and that they can't accept that they got outplayed and have to resort to sending me hate to make themselves feel better. :cool:
Argh. Just had someone rage quit in injury time when I went 6-0 up (Newcastle V Newcastle) on H2H seasons. The win hasn't registered :hmpf: ****ing rage quitters. I tried playing defensively when 4-0 up to.

Particularly annoying as I lost my last game 8-6 (crap defending on both sides - he was very hard with his tackling - it often being mistimed too).

Original post by Mr.Messy
I find their hate messages entertaining.

No need for them to send it of course, but it does make my day knowing that I've ruined them 5-0 or whatever and that they can't accept that they got outplayed and have to resort to sending me hate to make themselves feel better. :cool:

Oh yeah, they can be entertaining. One guy, who is now on my friends list, sent a furious message after he lost. Calling me a ****ing joke and lucky ****, as I pulled off some great saves with De Gea and had fewer chances than he did (But took them). Was quite satisfactoy :p:
Reply 1982
Original post by Mr.Messy
Downloaded the Euro 2012 trial.
No new songs.

definitely not buying it now....
Reply 1983
Original post by gunit123
Ref's are chosen RANDOMLY in all online modes such as H2H and UT

I thought the refs are chosen by who the home team is and the players chosen ref? :confused:
Reply 1984
Latest update has broken my game :rolleyes: I now can't get past the first autosave screen :rolleyes:
Reply 1985
Original post by Mess.
Latest update has broken my game :rolleyes: I now can't get past the first autosave screen :rolleyes:

Heard about this from a mate as well. He's stopped playing FIFA now, but that may be down to exams.

I can't play a UT online tournament game, it keeps coming up with some stupid error. Can't play H2H Seasons either as the squad updates keep messing up, resulting in old online squads that are from before January and obviously I can't use those online...Have to keep deleting the file and downloading it after EVERY game. (Moved up to Div 4 now though finally, 6 consecutive promotions!).

Sort it out EA!! :mad: :angry:
Reply 1986
Opened a happy hour pack and got an IF CISSE! :biggrin:
Reply 1987
Original post by Mess.

Think you've got the same problem I had, the instructions below should fix it for you. That is if you're on the Xbox.

Original post by sleep99
Heard about this from a mate as well. He's stopped playing FIFA now, but that may be down to exams.

I can't play a UT online tournament game, it keeps coming up with some stupid error. Can't play H2H Seasons either as the squad updates keep messing up, resulting in old online squads that are from before January and obviously I can't use those online...Have to keep deleting the file and downloading it after EVERY game. (Moved up to Div 4 now though finally, 6 consecutive promotions!).

Sort it out EA!! :mad: :angry:

I think this might fix the problem for you as well. I had a friend that had a problem with UT and I'm pretty sure this method fixes that as well.

Xbox 360

In-game UGC File deletion

[Main Menu] -> [My Fifa 12] -> [ FIFA12 Profile] -> [SAVE/LOAD/DELETE]
- Press the [A] button and choose delete
- Choose your UGC file
- Delete the file
- Reboot the game.

Dashboard Method to delete UGC File

- Press the Xbox360 Guide button
- Press the [Y] button to proceed to the Xbox Dashboard
- [My Xbox] -> System Settings -> [Memory] -> [Hard Drive/MU] -> [Games] -> FIFA 12
- Delete UGC file

I'm not quite sure what this data is. It doesn't seem to change anything, but deleting it seems to sort out any crash problem in the game. You might want to do a bit of research before you do it though, I don't want to be responsible if something messes up your game! :biggrin:
Reply 1988
Original post by JoeK
Think you've got the same problem I had, the instructions below should fix it for you. That is if you're on the Xbox.

I think this might fix the problem for you as well. I had a friend that had a problem with UT and I'm pretty sure this method fixes that as well.

Xbox 360

In-game UGC File deletion

[Main Menu] -> [My Fifa 12] -> [ FIFA12 Profile] -> [SAVE/LOAD/DELETE]
- Press the [A] button and choose delete
- Choose your UGC file
- Delete the file
- Reboot the game.

Dashboard Method to delete UGC File

- Press the Xbox360 Guide button
- Press the [Y] button to proceed to the Xbox Dashboard
- [My Xbox] -> System Settings -> [Memory] -> [Hard Drive/MU] -> [Games] -> FIFA 12
- Delete UGC file

I'm not quite sure what this data is. It doesn't seem to change anything, but deleting it seems to sort out any crash problem in the game. You might want to do a bit of research before you do it though, I don't want to be responsible if something messes up your game! :biggrin:

Thanks! It was really annoying me this morning as I was looking forward to playing FIFA for the first time in weeks with the final of my exams :sigh:
Wooooo I got to division 1 on head to head seasons with Swansea!
What is happy hour?
Reply 1991
Original post by SirMasterKey
What is happy hour?

In Happy Hour you get a greatly increased chance of getting an IF Team of the Week player - for example I got an IF Cisse who was part of the TOTW after his MOTM performance against chelsea. Also, you have a further increased chance of getting a good player as you can buy special packs which contain players only (i think 10 players) which cost 25,000.

On the whole, it's not really worth it but I tend to waste money as I find opening packs more fun that just buying players from the market :colondollar:
In Happy Hour you get a greatly increased chance of getting an IF Team of the Week player - for example I got an IF Cisse who was part of the TOTW after his MOTM performance against chelsea. Also, you have a further increased chance of getting a good player as you can buy special packs which contain players only (i think 10 players) which cost 25,000.

On the whole, it's not really worth it but I tend to waste money as I find opening packs more fun that just buying players from the market :colondollar:

Fair enough, when is happy hour then?
Reply 1993
Fair enough, when is happy hour then?

They usually announce them on Twitter - but they are normally on Friday 7-8pm.
They usually announce them on Twitter - but they are normally on Friday 7-8pm.

Cheers :biggrin:

When I can, I'll give you rep. Tells me to rep other people first.
Reply 1995
Cheers :biggrin:

When I can, I'll give you rep. Tells me to rep other people first.

No worries - sometimes they have Happy hour on wednesday as that is when they release the new batch of TOTW players.
Working towards this new team;

5-2-2-1

GK: Cech
LWB: Cole
CB: IF Johnson
CB: IF Samba
CB: IF Ivanovic (RB)
RB: IF Walker
CM: TOTS Dembele
CM: IF2 Cabaye
LW: IF2 Mirallas
RW: IF Valbuena
ST: IF2 Hazard
Reply 1997
Original post by Narcissist
Working towards this new team;

5-2-2-1

GK: Cech
LWB: Cole
CB: IF Johnson
CB: IF Samba
CB: IF Ivanovic (RB)
RB: IF Walker
CM: TOTS Dembele
CM: IF2 Cabaye
LW: IF2 Mirallas
RW: IF Valbuena
ST: IF2 Hazard

5 At the back - great! :frown:
Not much difference playing 5 at the back with 2 attacking wing backs and playing 4 at the back with a CDM.
Reply 1999
How much will it cost you?

Quick Reply

Latest