The Student Room Group

The FIFA Gaming Society

Scroll to see replies

They call lucho gonzalez, lionel gonzalez on commentary
Reply 381
Yeah, there'll still be a few anomalies, Lucas Barrios is refered to as Uruguyan :lolwut:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by maccy7
Yeah, there'll still be a few anomalies, Lucas Barrios is refered to as Uruguyan :lolwut:

i personally think us football fans know alot more about football than these commentators, outside of the premier league they haven't a clue
Defending is dog shyt, the whole tactical defending is a good idea, but they overdone it. dog shyt
Reply 384
Also, quick question. Is it Kaka or Wilshere on the cover? If I was Wilshere and I was on the cover, I'd consider it the pinnicle of my career.
I'm sure he'll have better moments than being on a FIFA cover #shytjoke
Reply 386
I loved Fifa 11 but the only thing that annoyed me was the tackling system because it was too easy to take the ball of your opponent. Now defending is much better and more realistic.

Has anyone else noticed that when your one-on-on with the goalkeeper you can now pass him easily with the left stick? In Fifa 11 you had to time the right stick absolutely perfectly to get past and most of the time the goalkeeper would easily get the ball off you.

Also, you can be the goalkeeper if your opponent has the ball and you press back/select :biggrin:
Reply 387
Everyone who is complaining about defending, switch it in the game settings menu from tactical defending to legacy defending (fifa 11 defending)
Reply 388
The contain button (A/X) is fantastic, works very well at least against the CPU. I've played 2 games against professional and world class and only conceded one goal when my keeper passed the ball to an opposition striker :colondollar:

However, I haven't scored either because the CPU keeps the ball for so long lol.
Reply 389
I like the new idea of tactical defending, but it needs some fine tuning.
I absolutely love the work they´ve done on shooting e.g not all shots go into the top corner, and low shots are more dangerous. The keeper isn´t omnipotent anymore and shooting from outside the box with an unmarked player actually works.
They seem to have gotten rid of the importance of strength and Barcelona will rightfully be the strongest team. However I´m worried that competitive matches will become as one sided with Barcelona as they were with Madrid in Fifa 11.

I´m curious about the other teams player ratings as well.

Is anyone else having trouble performing useful tricks to get past a defender? Personally, I´ve never been great at controlling every trick with the right stick, but hopefully that´ll improve.
I also haven´t been able to convert free kicks and corners so far (any tips?). The new power bar is really distracting if you´re used to Fifa 11.
(edited 12 years ago)
im hearing alot of bad things

whats good and bad about the demo?
Reply 391
Glad the keepers dont make ridiculous saves all the time now. Also, ive noticed some of the keepers come running out to punch crosses and missing the ball (like in real life sometimes) is this just a bug or is it supposed to happen? I hope its intentional.
Original post by Hasan
I loved Fifa 11 but the only thing that annoyed me was the tackling system because it was too easy to take the ball of your opponent. Now defending is much better and more realistic.

Has anyone else noticed that when your one-on-on with the goalkeeper you can now pass him easily with the left stick? In Fifa 11 you had to time the right stick absolutely perfectly to get past and most of the time the goalkeeper would easily get the ball off you.

Also, you can be the goalkeeper if your opponent has the ball and you press back/select :biggrin:

I agree with all this. Defending is now a skill rather than just holding a button. I have mastered slide tackling now to the extent that I plough through players to see them do flips and stuff :rofl2:

I might make a montage off the tackles/off the ball incidents for youtube and call it '2012: The Year FIFA because Madden' :cool:
Original post by THRASHx
Glad the keepers dont make ridiculous saves all the time now. Also, ive noticed some of the keepers come running out to punch crosses and missing the ball (like in real life sometimes) is this just a bug or is it supposed to happen? I hope its intentional.

Its intentional. Also, refs get quite a few decisions wrong. I snapped Barrios high off the ball in the box and nothing was given and if you look at the replay then it shows the referee is not looking that way so wouldn't see it :rofl: Im sure the referees must have a field of vision scoped as well now like players do for passing, obviously, higher stats equal a better/larger field of vision which is quite cool. :biggrin:
Original post by Catilina
I like the new idea of tactical defending, but it needs some fine tuning.
I absolutely love the work they´ve done on shooting e.g not all shots go into the top corner, and low shots are more dangerous. The keeper isn´t omnipotent anymore and shooting from outside the box with an unmarked player actually works.
They seem to have gotten rid of the importance of strength and Barcelona will rightfully be the strongest team. However I´m worried that competitive matches will become as one sided with Barcelona as they were with Madrid in Fifa 11.

I´m curious about the other teams player ratings as well.

Is anyone else having trouble performing useful tricks to get past a defender? Personally, I´ve never been great at controlling every trick with the right stick, but hopefully that´ll improve.
I also haven´t been able to convert free kicks and corners so far (any tips?). The new power bar is really distracting if you´re used to Fifa 11.

Im finding Barcelona easy to beat on legendary as they're overall a small team and Dzeko is beast on the demo. I just play a long ball up to him, outmuscle Puyol and lay it off for Sergio or Tevez. Seems to be a useful method now as shielding and hold up play work for the first time ever whereas in FIFA 11 they'd just wrestle through the back of you and take the ball easily.
The offer for £26 at sainsburys and at tesco, for fifa 12, how long does it last for and if i go at evening there wont any in stock would there.
Reply 396
The offer is very very temporary, it's to make people flock to buy it from their stores. I would imagine that once they run out of stock, the new orders would go back up to £40-50 again. Basically, its unlikely they will have any after the first day.
Reply 397
Where have you heard that it's going to be £26 this year?
Reply 398
Original post by The_Jatt_Joker
im hearing alot of bad things

whats good and bad about the demo?

A big improvement IMO. Defending is actually a skill rather than just holding down 2 or 3 buttons then releasing one. When you're in possession it feels a lot more realistic to me.
Original post by chignesh10
The offer for £26 at sainsburys and at tesco, for fifa 12, how long does it last for and if i go at evening there wont any in stock would there.

Where did you hear this!? When is it happening!?:woo:

Quick Reply

Latest