The Student Room Group

*Support for NHS students announced- aka medics, nurses, physios*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I am applying for physiotherapy as a 2nd degree after a BSc (Hons) Biology degree.....am I still entitled to the maintenance loan AND the nhs £1000 grant???

Student finance seems to be telling me I get £0.00 for maintenance loan if I say ''I will not be applying for the NHS grant''....or if I click ''I will be applying for an NHS grant'' then it wont let me continue with my application for any loans..........?!?!

CONFUSED.
This sounds awesome! Shame I'm in my last year.
I previously received 4 years of funding from NHS bursaries but now I am on a different course to train as a different profession, on the website it says you can receive funding again if you retrain in a different profession however my application has been rejected, is there anything I can do? Is it possible to have my student loan extended?
Original post by MidgetJen1990
I previously received 4 years of funding from NHS bursaries but now I am on a different course to train as a different profession, on the website it says you can receive funding again if you retrain in a different profession however my application has been rejected, is there anything I can do? Is it possible to have my student loan extended?

what course did you do and what course are you doing now?

have the NHS explained why you have been refused?
Original post by mww
I am applying for physiotherapy as a 2nd degree after a BSc (Hons) Biology degree.....am I still entitled to the maintenance loan AND the nhs £1000 grant???

Student finance seems to be telling me I get £0.00 for maintenance loan if I say ''I will not be applying for the NHS grant''....or if I click ''I will be applying for an NHS grant'' then it wont let me continue with my application for any loans..........?!?!

CONFUSED.

Did you resolve this issue? :frown: I am currently ripping my hair out with my student finance and I am having the same issues...
I can't seem to find out anywhere where the majority of each term will be spend for the course and fees section... Is it at university or on work placement? I don't know where to find this out.

I start in March and no one seems to know. I'm so confused!
Reply 86
Hi, just filling in my BOSS account application and come across a few bits I'm confused about. I'm a dependent student so in the "student's income and expenses" section will I definitely be putting in my parents details? Also is there any deadline?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending