The Student Room Group

Crying

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone else cried a lot, whenever i have to not see my boyfriend for a while ( during holidays as we go to boarding school) i always start crying on him. I try to think about other things and stuff but whenever i'm with him i have a great time so i hate leaving him. Has anyone got ay tips on how to 'conquer' this annoying habit of mine as although he doesn't mind i do!

Reply 1
Yeah I've had it. I don't do it anymore, I guess you have to wait to get out of that 'phase'.

Time will come when you won't have that anymore:smile:
Friends at a time like that are invalvuable.
Reply 3
i have cried so much this holiday. i missed my boyfriend too, but because he wanted a break and we weren't allowed to talk or see each other. i hated it. i was upset every day for two weeks, including christmas day. i always miss him though, and i know when he starts uni, it's going to be a billion times worse... blah. stupid uni wrecking everything.
Reply 4
I cry a lot. I think it's a good release of tension but I do control it, I won't cry in public I'll try and do it privately at home where I can get all my emotion out constructively. Crying is not a bad thing really.
Reply 5
Concentrate on the good times you do have together. Don't 'ruin' the limited time you do get together, by crying at the end of a good day etc.

Be happy that you have him and that he's there for you.
I can honestly say I haven't cried since my sister's wedding. Worked a treat, too - anyone seen Wedding Crashers?

Haha. That was a joke... :wink:
Reply 7
Crying is fine, healthy etc.

Crying to get things is not cool. It's emotional blackmail.

Girl in my year in uni, she failed the year by 2% and had to repeat the year (smart girl, did no work though). Went for a meeting with the head of dept and cried her stinking eyes out til he let her through anyway on "past merit". It's things like that really get my goat, utter disgrace. Crying is all well and good but for gods sake, have some dignity and self respect when it comes to something you want.
Two other males in my class also failed by 2%. But they had to repeat... :mad:
Reply 8
Sophdoph
I cry a lot. I think it's a good release of tension but I do control it, I won't cry in public I'll try and do it privately at home where I can get all my emotion out constructively. Crying is not a bad thing really.

I completely agree, I find it cathartic
I went through a tearful period last year, it passes with time.
I rarely cry, but it feels very very good to do so now and then!
the more secure you become in your relationship, the les you will have these crying spells :smile: it will pass
Reply 12
*Jude*
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone else cried a lot, whenever i have to not see my boyfriend for a while ( during holidays as we go to boarding school) i always start crying on him. I try to think about other things and stuff but whenever i'm with him i have a great time so i hate leaving him. Has anyone got ay tips on how to 'conquer' this annoying habit of mine as although he doesn't mind i do!

I do this a lot. It's not abnormal, don't think you have to stop. I cry just thinking about going home from uni and being away from my bf.....but the one good thing is, it makes the feeling when you see each other again that little bit more special!! :biggrin:
Reply 13
Like everyone else has said, these things do pass, and as you become more secure in your relationship the less it'll happen.I've just split with my bf and I cry about it occasionally, I nearly burst into tears at work on Friday in front of the guy I really like... Had to go into the (closed) kitchen to compose myself :redface:
Forget my previous post... I cried, well, technically it was one tear, whilst watching Armageddon on 5. Classic movie.

Latest

Trending

Trending