The Student Room Group

Mohammedan Theory of Evolution

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Oumaima1
I check this out,yeah it exists,how weird?!
All this talk philosophies and theories discretionary
In its entirety be unfounded
The correct is : [O people, if you are in doubt of the expedition. then we have created you from dust, then from a sperm and then leech then chew synthetic andnon-synthetic to show you and acknowledge in the wombs what we want toindefinitely then نخرجكم children then to tell the Oshidkm and of you dies and you who ...

The verse you quoted from the Qur'an does not necessarily negate evolution. By the way, the word is "تراب = dirt" and NOT "dust= "غبار . This is another word mistranslated, again, probably in Yusuf Ali's translation of the Qur'an. Just like every other animal God created, our beginning was in mud and then we progressed in stages alongside all other creation and sprouted from the mud in a way similar to a seed sprouting in mud and evolving in stages to become a beautiful fully grown plant, this is really what the Qur'an says, evolution, no more and no less.
Reply 41
Original post by Sierraman
Why are you surprised ancient Muslim scholars and scientists clearly saw evolution as a method of creation if even the Qur'an itself speaks clearly of evolution?????? The pre-Muslim scholars were far more opened minded than many recent overly strict and seriously closed minded scholars.

Yes,i'm surprised how Ibn khaldoon stated that humans were monkeys while Quran has a clear opinion about that,humans are humans ..!
It's not about strict or open minded scholar,but the quran is clear about humans evolution,so why would a ''scholar'' think oppositly of what is in the Quran..
Reply 42
Yes,i'm surprised how Ibn khaldoon stated that humans were monkeys while Quran has a clear opinion about that,humans are humans ..!
It's not about strict or open minded scholar,but the quran is clear about humans evolution,so why would a ''scholar'' think oppositly of what is in the Quran..

Can you please go back on this thread, initially to my first post "response" and read it. It should clarify a little more how the Qur'an sees creation. Regarding Ibn Khaldoon and his perspective on human evolution proceeding from a monkey-like state, this is not incorrect, humans at one point of time, prior to being chosen by the Creator to carry the trust "ألأمانه" were nothing more than upright apes without any of our modern GREAT distinguishing characters that were granted to humans after they were chosen from among His creation. Human-like apes, were on Earth for a very extended period of time before they were chosen by the Creator to carry the trust, we were just another species of animal, no more, no less, and that is also mentioned in the Qur'an in Sura 76:1:

"Has there not been over man a long period of time "دهر " when he was not mentioned"

The previous is literal translation of the verse!!! It implies man was created and part of Earth's creatures, however, he was a mere nothing, unimportant and with nothing special about him lingering in this status for an extended period of time. The Arabic word "دهر " used in the verse literally means a "seriously extended period of time". Man "humans" became special and important when the Creator chose him to carry His trust. Notice how precise the Qur'an is, the Creator demanded the angels to bow down to Adam after He breathes His Spirit into him and not before. Adam, who only became special after the Creator breath His Spirit into him was then ranked above the level of the angels themselves. Man was only mentioned after he was presented and mentioned to the angels!!

Evolution is, as I mentioned in an earlier post, is very evident in many verses in the Qur'an. Take for example this simple verse that points to evolution, which hardly needs explanation let alone much intelligence to comprehend:

"Verily, Allah did choose "اصطفى"ADAM and Noah, and the family of Abraham and the family of Imran above all people "العالمين"" (Qur'an 3:33)

There are two very important words in the above verse: CHOOSE, and PEOPLE. Logically and accurately speaking, when you choose something then you have a variety to pick from, so Adam, as well as Noah, and all the above mentioned, were chosen from among others that also existed. If Adam, was created instantaneously, how is it possible the Creator have chosen him? If Adam was created instantaneously this would imply the verse is wrong. The verse is not wrong, it is 100% correct, just like the other prophets mentioned in it were chosen from among many other people that existed, Adam was also chosen from among many others that existed in His time. The verse is 100% correct, Adam was not created instantaneously, he, as well as every living organism in this beautiful world, gradually evolved through billions and billions of years, meticulously following the plan of He who created the heavens and the Earth and all that is in between. This is exactly what Ibn Khaldoon and many other ancient Muslims saw, they saw the clear truth that is manifest in the words of the Qur'an, the words of the Creator, and courageously spoke out and proclaimed the truth. There are many even simplere and more direct verses in the Qur'an that speak clearly of human evolution. Take for example 11:62:

"…..It is He who has produced "أنشأكم " you from the Earth and settled you in it."

Notice how it says, PRODUCED YOU, as in all of us, not just ADAM from the Earth. Notice also the Arabic word used "أنشأكم " taken from the root "نشوء" which literally means "Evolution", so a more precise translation of the verse could be:..It is He who has evolved you from the Earth and settled you in it."The evolution of humans in the Qur'an is not surprising and is not unlike the evolution of the universe which is also mentioned in many verses in the Qur'an including four main stages or events, the smoky gaseous stage of the universe (11:41), the big bang 21:30, and the ongoing expansion of the universe (51:47), the fate of the universe "a big crunch and a reversal of events".
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 43
As Muslims we must believe that Adam and Eve were unique creations. We didn't evolve from a common ancestor, but created from the same thing. Although the creation of man happened through a process and through stages so you can take that as evolution. But not the idea we descended from Monkeys. Evolution in general has to be accepted in a sense that nothing immediately came to be but through a process.
Reply 44
Original post by Minion
As Muslims we must believe that Adam and Eve were unique creations. We didn't evolve from a common ancestor, but created from the same thing. Although the creation of man happened through a process and through stages so you can take that as evolution. But not the idea we descended from Monkeys. Evolution in general has to be accepted in a sense that nothing immediately came to be but through a process.

I completely agree with you ..Isn't weird that one of the important muslim scientists came up with an idea that contradict what is in the Quran?
At least for me ..!
I completely agree with you ..Isn't weird that one of the important muslim scientists came up with an idea that contradict what is in the Quran?
At least for me ..!

Are you saying that if one day you are provided with evidence that we evolved from a common ancestor, you are going to become an atheist?Pleas read the previous comments. God creates everything in stages, non-muslims call it evolution, we call it creation, evolution is God's way to create, Sierraman said everything there is to be said, so I'm not repeating all what he said, I doubt that you even saw hes comment or read past the first few words.

The story of Adam and Eve that we were taught as children, is missing many verses from the Quran that were ignored in the Quran or not explained.
For example, they don't explain why Quran says that Adam was selected or chosen among many.
If that is not enough for you (among all the other verses mentioned in the earlier reply), there are many fossils of humonoid species, that are nothing like us!
Also no one said we evolved from monkeys! We came from Adam and Eve Adam was selected from an existing specie, that is our common ancestor, monkeys and chimps, also came from that common specie.
God created everything with laws, God could've simply put the universe to be without any physical laws or whatever, but God created everything in order and with laws so we may understand it and see the greatness of God! Not the other way around, the more science you know the more you see the greatness of God in the details of this world.

It doesn't contradict the Quran in any way, go back and read. The first revelation of the Quran was "read" so go ahead and read.

Original post by Minion

Are you saying that if one day you are provided with evidence that we evolved from a common ancestor, you are going to become an atheist?
Pleas read the previous comments. God creates everything in stages, non-muslims call it evolution, we call it creation, evolution is God's way to create, Sierraman said everything there is to be said, so I'm not repeating all what he said, I doubt that you even saw hes comment or read past the first few words.
(edited 7 years ago)
While most western educated Muslims appear against Darwin’s theory, most if not all Ulemas or Islamic religious scholars fully support Darwin’s theory.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending