The Student Room Group

Study Tips ><

-Okay so my memory is extremely bad and I cant remember much but I have moments where I have spikes of memory and I can yapp about a subject, HELP?? ><
Original post by Stxrixs
-Okay so my memory is extremely bad and I cant remember much but I have moments where I have spikes of memory and I can yapp about a subject, HELP?? ><
I've struggled with the same issues in the past. I finally found a way of studying that's helped me, obviously everyone is different but maybe you can try some of this and it might help.

I like to use games to study, I find that it makes studying more fun, which in turn makes it easier to remember. So as an example I like to make flashcards and then say each one I get right I get 10 points and then when I get to a certain number of points, like 200, then I get to use those points to "buy" a reward. It could be a 20 minute break, or a snack, letting myself text a friend. Anything. (I make sure to keep track of my points on a paper.)

I find it helpful to read out loud, I've noticed it helps me remember easier. Sometimes I'll make it out to be a game, like... Pretending that I'm teaching an invisible classroom.

My last tip is to think of things that remind you of what you're learning. It could literally be random words that pop into your mind. Try doing the word association game and then use those words/sentences to remember things. Like say you're learning about evolution and the first thing that pops into your head is a rock turning into an acorn (That's a terrible example but hopefully you get my point) and then you use that as a way to remember evolution.

Hope these help. Again everyone finds different things helpful, you might find that using games makes it harder. I recommend researching different techniques for studying and try a couple out and see what works. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
I've struggled with the same issues in the past. I finally found a way of studying that's helped me, obviously everyone is different but maybe you can try some of this and it might help.

I like to use games to study, I find that it makes studying more fun, which in turn makes it easier to remember. So as an example I like to make flashcards and then say each one I get right I get 10 points and then when I get to a certain number of points, like 200, then I get to use those points to "buy" a reward. It could be a 20 minute break, or a snack, letting myself text a friend. Anything. (I make sure to keep track of my points on a paper.)

I find it helpful to read out loud, I've noticed it helps me remember easier. Sometimes I'll make it out to be a game, like... Pretending that I'm teaching an invisible classroom.

My last tip is to think of things that remind you of what you're learning. It could literally be random words that pop into your mind. Try doing the word association game and then use those words/sentences to remember things. Like say you're learning about evolution and the first thing that pops into your head is a rock turning into an acorn (That's a terrible example but hopefully you get my point) and then you use that as a way to remember evolution.

Hope these help. Again everyone finds different things helpful, you might find that using games makes it harder. I recommend researching different techniques for studying and try a couple out and see what works. Good luck!

-Thanks for the tips! much appreciated!!! ^^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending