The Student Room Group

OCR History A2 coursework questions

Hiya, i'm just starting my A2 history ocr coursework questions and was wondering if you could help?

I want to do it on queen victoria and it has to be about her significance on something? or something like that.

I've come up with a few like:
-How significant was Queen Victoria’s role as the longest reigning monarch?
-How significant was victora’s role in the ever expanding British Empire
-How significant was Queen Victoria’s early life on her long reign?

I have so much information on her life, just need to think of a question on how to aim it towards a specific question. I really want it to be on her significance specifically, not about victorian life.

Thankyou, any help would be great! xxxxx
Original post by LaurenDavies93
Hiya, i'm just starting my A2 history ocr coursework questions and was wondering if you could help?

I want to do it on queen victoria and it has to be about her significance on something? or something like that.

I've come up with a few like:
-How significant was Queen Victoria’s role as the longest reigning monarch?
-How significant was victora’s role in the ever expanding British Empire
-How significant was Queen Victoria’s early life on her long reign?

I have so much information on her life, just need to think of a question on how to aim it towards a specific question. I really want it to be on her significance specifically, not about victorian life.

Thankyou, any help would be great! xxxxx

Hiya Lauren,

This might not be of interest to you, as it can be a bit dry in places, but what about considering her position within the political sphere and her influence upon policy and the expansion of 'The Empire'. Her encouragment of industrialisation tipified by the crystal palace. Good points could be how she accepted the tory reforms with personal good relations with Disraeli (reciprocated with making her empress of India in 1878). Her poor relation with Liberals especially Gladstone and his policies (key as he was Prime Minister 4 times under her). Finally her reaction with Chamberlain and his aggressive foreign policy in the Boer War ( died before it was finished DoD 24th Jan 1901 end of the war mid 1902). Just a thought - probably not your cup of tea, however if you decide on a topic area I'll give you some help if you want, Queen V is my favourite monarch and the victorian period my favourite period in British history, maybe general history :wink:,

Hoped this helped

Tom :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
It's more impressive if you do a topic that's not quite as common... one that's a little more in depth and will take a little more effort to research. Something like the significance of Queen Victoria's early life would be a good start, although you could probably go into even more depth than that (I'm not an expert on Victoria so I can't give you any valid suggestions). Both her significance in the expansion of the British empire and her significance as the longest reigning monarch sound very general and rather boring.

EDIT: That said, I do remember that, whilst studying women getting the vote in history, we talked about Queen Victoria's aversion to female suffrage. Perhaps you could do something along those lines - Victoria's significance in the development of women's rights? That would be really interesting if you could find enough information on it.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending