The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine MBChB A100 Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Doubt anything will happen today, we're already past 6. Another wasted day, these schools really need to get their stuff together.
Original post by .eXe
I doubt they get fined for not meeting that deadline, it's supposed to be a soft one anyways. Basically schools can do whatever the f they want until may 1, that's supposed to be the hard deadline for students to get back to UCAS about decisions so schools have to have offers out by then. It's a long way from now unfortunately.

I just looked on Ucas and it does look like it is a 'soft' deadline as you suggested... However i can GUARANTEE everyone on this thread that they will hear before the end of march. Don't say 'how?' everyone (who's a home student anyway) will hear by the end of march... liverpool have sad that themselvess in the email to us
Reply 1982
Original post by andyeverest
I just looked on Ucas and it does look like it is a 'soft' deadline as you suggested... However i can GUARANTEE everyone on this thread that they will hear before the end of march. Don't say 'how?' everyone (who's a home student anyway) will hear by the end of march... liverpool have sad that themselvess in the email to us

I don't think you should guarantee anything lol, Liverpool have been wrong about several things in that email already so who knows. Let's just hope something happens, otherwise I might have to check into a mental institution lol.
I guess the way to find out when we are going to hear back is to call them up
Original post by Rahmeh.
Oh right..because i have been checking both ucas and email together lol..i need to calm down.

mmm I'm exactly the same... really can't wait to hear from them...as with most people on this thread liverpool are the last I'm waiting to hear from!! and it was such a nice uni and city I'm so nervous about the result...
Reply 1985
so demoralising going into sixth form each day and people asking "heard anything from liverpool!??!?!" and i have to tell them for the 900th time "they haven't started giving them out yet.....". sigh
Reply 1986
Original post by Nnuunnuu
I guess the way to find out when we are going to hear back is to call them up

I'm surprised no one has called them to be honest...you guys are all from the UK, if one of you can give them a quick ring, it would be a big help to us all.
Reply 1987
Original post by jamieyea
so demoralising going into sixth form each day and people asking "heard anything from liverpool!??!?!" and i have to tell them for the 900th time "they haven't started giving them out yet.....". sigh

I know what you mean! :angry:
Original post by jamieyea

I ran out of my daily likes! so couldn't like this post! aha this is soooo true!
Reply 1989
In fairness it does that they "AIM to start making offers from mid march". Whether that goal is achieved or not is a different issue.

The only factual thing they said in that email is that everyone will hear before the 31st of march.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1990
Original post by .eXe
I'm surprised no one has called them to be honest...you guys are all from the UK, if one of you can give them a quick ring, it would be a big help to us all.

Everyday I'm tempted to ring them but the please DO NOT call or email to ask when you will receive a decision makes me calmly put the phone back :colondollar:
Reply 1991
Original post by myyrh
Everyday I'm tempted to ring them but the please DO NOT call or email to ask when you will receive a decision makes me calmly put the phone back :colondollar:

Haha, here's the trick. You call them for another reason...say something like "um I was just wondering whether Liverpool has concluded interviewing for this cycle" and following that you can throw in the money question lol.
Original post by myyrh

exactly the same here, I literally lifted the phone three times today and changed my mind before clicking the call button.
Original post by wassa
In fairness it does that they "AIM to start making offers from mid march". Whether that goal is achieved or not is a different issue.

The only factual thing they said in that email is that everyone will hear before the 31st of march.

Exactly
Reply 1994
Original post by .eXe

Original post by myyrh

I called up today. Admissions staff were SO RUDE. Barely got the question out before the woman practically shouted 'We sent an email out telling you not to contact us!! You'll hear from us by THE END OF MARCH!'. I just hung up...i have the mind to complain.
Reply 1995
Original post by Reelo
I called up today. Admissions staff were SO RUDE. Barely got the question out before the woman practically shouted 'We sent an email out telling you not to contact us!! You'll hear from us by THE END OF MARCH!'. I just hung up...i have the mind to complain.

You've got to be kidding that's very unprofessional behaviour. So what if they sent an email? What if you had a different question? They can't just yell at you before you even have a chance to ask something.

I can understand they are probably stressed to their limits going to multiple applications and having to make decisions but they've had over 5 months...it's natural human instinct to be anxious...this is our lives we are talking about. Sad to see them behave like this.
Reply 1996
Original post by Reelo

Firstly well done for having the balls to ring them :cool: Secondly OUCH :frown: It seems like they're spending more time guarding the phone lines than bothering with processing offers :tongue:
Reply 1997
Original post by .eXe
You've got to be kidding that's very unprofessional behaviour. So what if they sent an email? What if you had a different question? They can't just yell at you before you even have a chance to ask something.

I can understand they are probably stressed to their limits going to multiple applications and having to make decisions but they've had over 5 months...it's natural human instinct to be anxious...this is our lives we are talking about. Sad to see them behave like this.

Well said :yep:
Reply 1998
Original post by andyeverest
mmm I'm exactly the same... really can't wait to hear from them...as with most people on this thread liverpool are the last I'm waiting to hear from!! and it was such a nice uni and city I'm so nervous about the result...

I've been sitting there every night at 6 .. refreshing my ucas and all i see evrytime is three unsuccessfuls popping up and i'm praying PLEASE don't let ANOTHER one pop up!!!
Reply 1999
But at least she confirmed we'll hear by the end of march :tongue:

Small victory!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending