The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine MBChB A100 Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2580
Now that i'm done mock exams... these next four days are going to feel like the slowest days of my life!
Original post by .eXe
Is there an FB group for offer holders?

Congratsssss on you offer, SOOOOO happy for you :biggrin:.. join the page http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/groups/138686472924660/?notif_t=group_r2j we'll presuade you to come to liverpool LOL
Reply 2582
Original post by Nnuunnuu
Congratsssss on you offer, SOOOOO happy for you :biggrin:.. join the page http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/groups/138686472924660/?notif_t=group_r2j we'll presuade you to come to liverpool LOL

Thank you!!! Will join tonight or tomorrow :smile: And yess please do, I am easily persuaded, feel free to make the decision for me lol!
Ahhhh still nothing, I swear Liverpool if you make me wait any longer and then give me an offer I'm going to reject it just for dragging it out this long.
Original post by Parle à ma main
Why do you think it went terrible? At mine, I sat in the interviewers' chair when I first came in, I got up to leave before the interview was done, and when the interviewers were telling me which way to exit, I got my left and right confused and I could hear the interviewers laughing as the doors closed. :p: My answers were VERY rambling, I didn't even have an answer prepared for "why med" so that question was pretty bad. When I went to talk about "the four aspects that Liverpool approach PBL with" the interviewer was like "I know what you're going to say..." so I just didn't bother continuing what I was going to say (he said that cos I hesitated cos I couldnt remember the four aspects :p:). I didn't mention half the things I wanted to mention about "why Liverpool" either.

So, erm, yeah, the interviewers are quite forgiving if I got an offer out of that :rofl:

You're amazing. :smile: That definitely made me laugh, lol.
Congrats on the offer! I hope they're that easy with internationals because I definitely messed up some of my answers.
Reply 2585
Original post by malika774
You're amazing. :smile: That definitely made me laugh, lol.
Congrats on the offer! I hope they're that easy with internationals because I definitely messed up some of my answers.

Ah don't worry, I got grilled like a piece of meat at my interview. Although admittedly it was my best one because they engaged me into quite a long conversation for many of my answers which was nice. Then halfway into the interview, one of the interviewers pretended to fall asleep as I answered and even pretended to have dozed off. So I paused in my answer and he came right back up and asked me to go on. It was hilarious cause even the other interviewer had a giant smile on his face.

At the time, I felt like I must've ticked them off or something or maybe they thought I was a total idiot, and maybe that's why they kept grilling me on the questions. But evidently that wasn't the case so don't worry! And theres 24 spaces so you have a great chance :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
firmed! :biggrin:
Reply 2587
Original post by holls_135
firmed! :biggrin:

Congrats! Great choice!
hey first time on here :smile: did a lot of internationals hear back already ??
Reply 2589
Original post by marabelle
hey first time on here :smile: did a lot of internationals hear back already ??

On the forum it seems only 1 heard back (me :biggrin:) but don't worry there are quite a few internationals who haven't heard yet. You definitely will by this week. Where are you from?
canada woop woooop!
i'm just hoping they don't give me a rejection tomorrow because that would be the worst birthday ever
Reply 2591
Original post by .eXe
International unconditionalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Lol @ the jealous idiot negging this :tongue:

People like them will never get offers. Be happy for others you fool, we're all in this together.

wow :smile: ! congratulation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 2592
Original post by .eXe
No no it's totally random. So far I'm the only intl with an offer (afaik) so it doesn't seem like today was specifically international offers day. It's random. Keep hope :smile:

Hey man, congratulations!!! Have yet to hear, staying cool. :smile:
Reply 2593
I hope today is the day Liverpool end my misery!
Reply 2594
Original post by Rahmeh.
I hope today is the day Liverpool end my misery!

I second this! :smile::smile::smile:
Reply 2595
I have a feeling today will be the day. I'm assuming rejections will be given out on friday??
Reply 2596
hey guys! received a conditional offer from liverpool today! im an international applicant. i know i should be feeling happy here but i did not actually meet the grade requirements :frown: anyone knows what to do after something like this happens? also, how do people even get unconditional offers? read a few posts on unnconditional offers and im soooo envious! hope someone replies this and give me a clue on what to do now! and also, congrats to all other offer holders :smile: really hope i can go to liverpool
Reply 2597
Original post by jeremy93
hey guys! received a conditional offer from liverpool today! im an international applicant. i know i should be feeling happy here but i did not actually meet the grade requirements :frown: anyone knows what to do after something like this happens? also, how do people even get unconditional offers? read a few posts on unnconditional offers and im soooo envious! hope someone replies this and give me a clue on what to do now! and also, congrats to all other offer holders :smile: really hope i can go to liverpool

To get an unconditional offer you need to already have met the requirements. E.g. re-applicants with achieved A level grades already in hand or someone with 1st or 2.1 in required degree. I'm really not sure what happens in the case of an international but for a home student, If you don't meet the grade requirements they reject you because the offer is conditional on the grades after all. Are you an A level student ?
Reply 2598
Original post by jeremy93

What's the condition on the offer? And what time did you receive it today? Liverpool usually releases offers in the evening, so congrats on getting a super early one! Where are you from and what are your stats?
Reply 2599
Hey Guys!
Im new on here :smile: International applicant still waiting to hear, the wait is torture, no joke!

Just a quick question, you know how track updates at 5.30...is that for everyone or...different for international? Cause some people heard today and its not yet 5.30 in the UK so was just curious :s-smilie: And anyone else interviewed 7th Jan?

Well done to everyone with offers btw :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending