The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine MBChB A100 Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by Jemimah7
Hey!
I've applied to Liverpool and have received an invitation to interview on the 15th of February. i was wondering if anyone could me any heads up or tips that are specific to Liverpool interviews?
I've already had one at Keele and received an offer the next day however Liverpool is my first choice and so i'm feeling very nervous already!
Any advice would be much appreciated :smile:

dont worry
my brother went for his interview, and it was dead easy, they told him to draw a picture of an animal to describe himself, and explain what it shows:biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 981
Original post by myyrh
Personal statement mostly. Most applicants will score 17/18 in GCSE point score and since they don't consider UKCAT scores, the personal statement is the main deciding factor.

My GCSE score according to the above poll is 18, i got 5A*'s 5A's and a B
However messed my AS levels up getting ABCC
But i received an invitation to interview at Liverpool yesterday so it cant just be on grades!
Personal statement must be a big factor because my grades made me fear my chances but i've also received an interview & an offer from Keele. I think as long as your GCSE's good enough and you have 3A's for your A2 predictions then that's enough on the condition the rest of your application is strong :smile:

It's on the 15th Feb, can anyone give me the heads up or any advice? would be much appreciated! :smile:
Reply 982
Original post by kiyubi
dont worry
my brother went for his interview, and it was dead easy, they told him to draw a picture of an animal to describe himself, and explain what it shows:biggrin::biggrin:

Hahaha thats nice and friendly! But tbh im not quite sure what i'd draw!:tongue: was that this year? :smile:
Reply 983

Hahaha thats nice and friendly! But tbh im not quite sure what i'd draw!:tongue: was that this year? :smile:

yeah
he drew a canadian lynx
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 984
Original post by kiyubi

Original post by kiyubi
yeah
he drew a cheetah

hmm i've decided i think i'd draw rhino!
when was his interview?
has he heard yet?
and where else has he applied?
sorry for all the questions!
could you ask him for some LIverpool interview tips? :biggrin:
Reply 985
My GCSE score according to the above poll is 18, i got 5A*'s 5A's and a B
However messed my AS levels up getting ABCC
But i received an invitation to interview at Liverpool yesterday so it cant just be on grades!
Personal statement must be a big factor because my grades made me fear my chances but i've also received an interview & an offer from Keele. I think as long as your GCSE's good enough and you have 3A's for your A2 predictions then that's enough on the condition the rest of your application is strong :smile:

It's on the 15th Feb, can anyone give me the heads up or any advice? would be much appreciated! :smile:

Hey for my interview preparation I'm just brushing up on my knowledge of PBL and the Liverpool course structure. Obviously the ethics and personal statement stuff should always be fresh in your mind :smile:
Hey!
I've applied to Liverpool and have received an invitation to interview on the 15th of February. i was wondering if anyone could me any heads up or tips that are specific to Liverpool interviews?
I've already had one at Keele and received an offer the next day however Liverpool is my first choice and so i'm feeling very nervous already!

Hey, when did you get your interview? are you a home applicant or international? :smile:
Reply 987
Original post by BlackThought

Original post by BlackThought
Hey, when did you get your interview? are you a home applicant or international? :smile:

I received it yesterday :smile: and home :smile:
Reply 988
Original post by myyrh

Original post by myyrh
Hey for my interview preparation I'm just brushing up on my knowledge of PBL and the Liverpool course structure. Obviously the ethics and personal statement stuff should always be fresh in your mind :smile:

thanks! yeah that'll be my plan! im hoping its similar to the keele one as that went well.
whens your interview? good luck! :smile: and where else have you applied? :smile:
Reply 989
thanks! yeah that'll be my plan! im hoping its similar to the keele one as that went well.
whens your interview? good luck! :smile: and where else have you applied? :smile:

13th February :smile: I applied to Lancaster, Peninsula and Southampton. I'm a resitter so luckily these universities consider resit applicants :cool:

Oh and Congrats on your offer! :biggrin: Just work as hard as you can to make sure you get those As !
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 990
Original post by myyrh

Original post by myyrh
13th February :smile: I applied to Lancaster, Peninsula and Southampton. I'm a resitter so luckily these universities consider resit applicants :cool:

Oh and Congrats on your offer! :biggrin: Just work as hard as you can to make sure you get those As !

Ah i hope it goes well for you! Thats good! Might be me next year! :cool:
thankyou very much. mm i know, ive got a lot of work to do!
:smile:
Reply 991
Hey!

My interviews 5th Feb and i'm also hoping i can get some interview tips. I'm not sure about this drawing an animal thing others have been talking about in previous posts though :\ .. my art skills are limited lol
Reply 992
Original post by askari
My interviews 5th Feb and i'm also hoping i can get some interview tips. I'm not sure about this drawing an animal thing others have been talking about in previous posts though :\ .. my art skills are limited lol

when did you receive your interview invite ?
Reply 993
Original post by askari

This is the first time I've heard of this animal drawing thing too :s-smilie: I don't think they expect a Picasso master piece :wink: they're probably more interested in why you think that animal best portrays yourself.
Reply 994
Original post by askari

Original post by askari

It won't be to do with your drawing, it'll be your ability to think on your feet and come up with something original, in fact it is probably an interesting way of getting to know you! once we have got this far, they just want to get to know us because we are potential medical students at their university and they want to make sure we are what we say on our PS, able to work with people, communication skills, think under pressure and not panic :smile: where else have you applied? and good luck with your interview! :smile:
Reply 995
When I went for my interview in November it was literally just a 15 minute friendly interview. More of a discussion.

None of this animal buisness :P
Original post by Soouzums
When I went for my interview in November it was literally just a 15 minute friendly interview. More of a discussion.

None of this animal buisness :P

Ditto. I don't think they would have asked you to draw an animal. Thats the first I've heard of it, they were really friendly at my interview. Its really nothing to get worried about.
Reply 997
Original post by groovyangel2008

Original post by groovyangel2008
Ditto. I don't think they would have asked you to draw an animal. Thats the first I've heard of it, they were really friendly at my interview. Its really nothing to get worried about.

aah thats a relief! no scary questions then?
Anyone with questions about Liverpool feel free to ask away to your hearts content :h:

You can find me @thomasjhpowell

Twitter is best, I don't usually respond to PM's :smile:
Reply 999

yeah it was this year heh!
i will ask him your questions when he finishes his exams, he will smack me if i disturb him, i will reply to u in about 4 days ok?
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending