The Student Room Group

A History project, for English Coursework

Hi!

Help is needed for research, can anyone recommend me any war films/books/documentaries/articles/poems ect related to...

- soldiers experiences returning to society after war
- war experiences

I'm sorry if I posted this thread in the wrong area but I didn't know where to post it because it is cross between two subjects, English and History. I was hoping I get more out of the History area than with English. This is for A2 English Lit/Lang Coursework, I have to conduct an interview and write an article based on real life experiences.

Please help! Thank you!

Christina
Rgeneration by Pat Barker, Strange Meeting by Susan Hill , Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks for a start. (Fiction.) There's a book called Last Post by someone whose name I've forgotten (Google is your friend) which is all interviews with the last living veterans of WW1. Not a difficult topic to find.
Reply 2
Joe Haldeman's The Forever War (and to a lesser extent the two sequels) is an allegory of the experiences of returning Vietnam veterans. Any of Max Arthur's Forgotten Voices are also worth a look, as are the later segments of Richard Holmes' (2008) transcripts of interviews from the 1974 documentary series The World at War.
Reply 3
Definetly Birdsong!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending