The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Just sent my application off today. Anyone doing Middle Eastern Studies get an offer back yet????
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 381
Original post by ziggy246
Just sent my application off today. Anyone doing Middle Eastern Studies get an offer back yet????

I got an offer for Arabic during half term (ABB)!
Reply 382
anyone heard anything from archaeology yet??
woop woop
Offer of AAB for Geography F800 at Streatham Campus
offer!!!!
unconditional for International Relations/Politics
YYYAAAAYYY!!!
Reply 385
Original post by patra
Anyone got an offer for Economics and Finance?!

I've also applied for Economics and Finance and haven't heard anything...
Reply 386
Offer for English, Cornwall Campus, 34 IB points, but the rep from Exeter said that I could switch to the Streatham campus if I wanted, grades are not an issue. :s So confused now! The 34 offer clashes with Edinburgh's, and I was SO hoping for 33/32 from Exeter just so I wouldn't have to choose between them.

Does anyone know which would be better? Should I request them to switch me to the Streatham campus or would it be a waste because I've already sort of got my heart set on Edinburgh?
Original post by jackfliex8
woop woop

snaaaaap! :smile:
Original post by saachi
Offer for English, Cornwall Campus, 34 IB points, but the rep from Exeter said that I could switch to the Streatham campus if I wanted, grades are not an issue. :s So confused now! The 34 offer clashes with Edinburgh's, and I was SO hoping for 33/32 from Exeter just so I wouldn't have to choose between them.

Does anyone know which would be better? Should I request them to switch me to the Streatham campus or would it be a waste because I've already sort of got my heart set on Edinburgh?

It's completely up to you. Do you know the difference between both campuses?

I've visited Streatham, it's great, really close to the centre of Exeter, green, some catered halls on-site etc. You do know that the Cornwall campus is much further south-west, I don't know if you're an international student, but if you are then it may be easier for you to get to Exeter (Streatham) then Cornwall, but it's your call. You'll have to choose between Edinburgh and Exeter anyway :tongue: so I say look at both campuses, decide what you prefer, and then choose between the two universities after you've considered both campuses.

From what I know I think the Streatham campus is definitely bigger, but the Cornwall campus is nearer the coast, I think, and the Streatham campus is undergoing a multi-million pound development called "the Forum" where as the Cornwall campus is still quite new, a lot of degree programmes are just starting out there, but although I've not visited, I'm sure it's nice, but I have no idea what the accomodation situation is like there...but it's by the beach!

Here's some links to look through;

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/location/living/exeter/ --> Exeter campuses (Streatham and St. Luke's, although you'd be at Streatham)

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/location/living/cornwall/ --> Cornwall campus
Reply 389
Original post by Niki_girl
It's completely up to you. Do you know the difference between both campuses?

I've visited Streatham, it's great, really close to the centre of Exeter, green, some catered halls on-site etc. You do know that the Cornwall campus is much further south-west, I don't know if you're an international student, but if you are then it may be easier for you to get to Exeter (Streatham) then Cornwall, but it's your call. You'll have to choose between Edinburgh and Exeter anyway :tongue: so I say look at both campuses, decide what you prefer, and then choose between the two universities after you've considered both campuses.

From what I know I think the Streatham campus is definitely bigger, but the Cornwall campus is nearer the coast, I think, and the Streatham campus is undergoing a multi-million pound development called "the Forum" where as the Cornwall campus is still quite new, a lot of degree programmes are just starting out there, but although I've not visited, I'm sure it's nice, but I have no idea what the accomodation situation is like there...but it's by the beach!

Here's some links to look through;

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/location/living/exeter/ --> Exeter campuses (Streatham and St. Luke's, although you'd be at Streatham)

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/location/living/cornwall/ --> Cornwall campus

Thank you! :smile: Yes, I'm international so don't have the chance to visit and decide, but I liked the sound of Cornwall because it's supposedly smaller/ quieter/ prettier and like you said, closer to the beach. But, despite a lot of people saying that it's facilities and teaching are just as great as the Exeter campus, I'm still a bit doubtful. :frown: As for my course, Cornwall has some nice modules in third year, but Streatham has greater variety in first and second years... plus my best friend has an offer from there, same course.
Reply 390
woop woop

when did you send your application off? I'm applying for the same course too. :smile:
Original post by bthomas23
when did you send your application off? I'm applying for the same course too. :smile:

application sent 9th november, got confirmation from exeter the next morning. offer came on the 14th
Original post by Jjsom94
anyone heard anything from archaeology yet??

Yes, I think Exeter will probs be my firm choice :smile: Good luck!
Reply 393
application sent 9th november, got confirmation from exeter the next morning. offer came on the 14th

What grades have you been predicted? If you dont mind me asking. I gave mine in 6 days ago and I havent heard anything yet.
Original post by bthomas23
What grades have you been predicted? If you dont mind me asking. I gave mine in 6 days ago and I havent heard anything yet.

Computing - A*
Geography - A
Maths - A
Exeter has a ParkRun. This makes me very happy. :smile:
Reply 396
Got an offer to Study Psychology AAB.. with that they also said if i got AAA they'll give me an 'excellence at exeter scholorship' of £1000

Do they give this to pretty much everyone? as im not sure what i've dont to get it!
Reply 397
Original post by mike_en
Got an offer to Study Psychology AAB.. with that they also said if i got AAA they'll give me an 'excellence at exeter scholorship' of £1000

Do they give this to pretty much everyone? as im not sure what i've dont to get it!

I've been offered that for English..
They've given me an offer of AAB but have said that if I get AAA or above I'll get that excellence scholarship as well! I don't know what I've done to get that either :smile:
Reply 398
I applied for History & Russian as FCH. AHHHHHH I want an offer so bad.
Original post by JustAlly
I've been offered that for English..
They've given me an offer of AAB but have said that if I get AAA or above I'll get that excellence scholarship as well! I don't know what I've done to get that either :smile:

Just out of interest is this at the Cornwall Campus? I got an offer from there for the same, but I am still waiting for a decision from the main campus and wondered whether they have released them yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending